Hockey Canada Heritage Jersey

kiwi_canadian

I hate it.  I like the idea of a simple white and red jersey, but I hate how barren the sleeves are.  If the sleeves were more like the last World Cup of Hockey jersey, where the leaf extends higher up, I would like it a lot more.  

I really hate what Nike has been doing with the international jerseys since 2004, with the weird vertical striping, eliminating the hem stripes, and the last Olympics with the dumb pattern.

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/8/2020 at 11:45 PM, M4One said:

I really hate what Nike has been doing with the international jerseys since 2004, with the weird vertical striping, eliminating the hem stripes, and the last Olympics with the dumb pattern.

But this one has none of those things, and yet you still hate it. 😂

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

On 10/9/2020 at 2:15 AM, kiwi_canadian said:

hockey-canada-heritage-jersey.jpg

Heritage Jersey

Not sure if it will be a 4th jersey or replace their current black alternate jersey. It will be worn by the world junior team, the womens and mens teams as well as the para hockey team.

Certainly an improvement over the one they wore last Olympics. Turn it into a full set and I'll buy it in an instant.

Hmm that jersey is okay... I wonder if there a vector version of that logo crest?

Ice Hockey International Winnipeg Braves (Bobby Hull Division 18-3-0 1st place as of March 14, 2011)

2010-11 O'Brien Trophy for Bobby Hull Division championship & Jack Riley Cup for top team in league regular season

6 hours ago, CreamSoda said:

That has to be the EASIEST logo to recreate in Illustrator if you need a vector...

Ah ok.. but if I dont have Illustrator then hmm what other program would be useful for that? 

Ice Hockey International Winnipeg Braves (Bobby Hull Division 18-3-0 1st place as of March 14, 2011)

2010-11 O'Brien Trophy for Bobby Hull Division championship & Jack Riley Cup for top team in league regular season

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/9/2020 at 2:45 AM, M4One said:

I hate it.  I like the idea of a simple white and red jersey, but I hate how barren the sleeves are.  If the sleeves were more like the last World Cup of Hockey jersey, where the leaf extends higher up, I would like it a lot more.  

Also, if the leaf extended higher up there would be less of it covered by hockey gloves.  Must be the retail 'tail' wagging the on ice 'dog' for that design decision. I'll give them a "they could have done worse" as my rating of them - overall it is nothing special.

"Just when I thought you'd said the stupidest thing, you keep on talking" - Hank Hill

Well Nike seems to have a problem with stripes being far enough up the sleeves. The Golden Gophers have had Nike as the jersey manufacturer, and the style from about 06’ to 18’ was a great look but the only problem was the creeping down of the sleeve stripes. By the end, they were basically hidden by the players gloves. They definitely started out way too high And slowly crept down...

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

• 1 month later...

Archived