North American Pro Soccer 2021

Brian in Boston

5 hours ago, Dilbert said:

Once again. Another opportunity wasted with a man up on a team. FC Cincinnati just cant do anything right. Another draw thanks to inept coaching and lack of using subs. At this point I think fans have had enough of Jaap Staam.

He's coaching statistics before he started at the club were pretty woeful and it's only gotten worse.

Some great players just can't coach no matter how hard they try.

Logano wins BOWL before Chargers.

• Replies 676
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Absolutely. But relegating all of the American teams season after season would be kind of a drag.

Though I wonder if the money that could be made with a US/Mexican/Canadian super league would mean some of those Liga MX teams could drop an ad or four from their uniforms.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

That's just a gross idea, and it's amazing seeing the same people champion it who freaked out about the European Super League idea.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

9 minutes ago, -kj said:

That's just a gross idea, and it's amazing seeing the same people champion it who freaked out about the European Super League idea.

It all depends on implementation, right? Merging the two leagues is one thing. Cherry picking the top ten franchises of each and closing it off is another. I'd be in favor of the former and not the latter. Or also doing nothing at all and just keeping the Leagues Cup and Concacaf tournaments.

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

9 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

FIFA likes this idea, which means we should avoid it. 

Correct.

Why would you want to join an even more corrupt league than you're already a part of?

Matt Turner is having a great summer!

I enjoyed tonight's all-star game. The MLS/Liga MX rivalry has real juice, and cool to see the MLS win.

6 minutes ago, BryanSmalls said:

FIFA might encourage CONCACAF to make some kind of North American Super League.  /sarcasm

Actually they are, except it would be a USA/Mexico hybrid instead of the rest of the region. I'm surprised they haven't tried to merge Concacaf and CONMEBOL yet. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

12 hours ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

MLS All-Star match predictably stopped for the stupid chant. JFC.

And the only good thing I can say is that they did it at 11 minutes instead of waiting until extra time in the second half, when that stoppage does nothing but kill of clock. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

50 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

Actually they are, except it would be a USA/Mexico hybrid instead of the rest of the region. I'm surprised they haven't tried to merge Concacaf and CONMEBOL yet. 

You missed the point of my sarcasm.

3 minutes ago, BryanSmalls said:

You missed the point of my sarcasm.

No, I caught that. I just tried to note that for FIFA to buy in to the idea of a Super League in North America while shooting down the idea in Europe is the most FIFA thing that could ever be.  Though according to Real Madrid, they only took that position because UEFA caught them in the cookie jar. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

https://sbisoccer.com/2021/08/prospective-ownership-group-to-use-name-las-vegas-heroes-as-mls-expansion-race-heats-up-in-sin-city

This almost makes me appreciate a Las Vegas United or Las Vegas City name instead . . . ALMOST!!! 

"There is more than one group trying to bring MLS to Las Vegas though, and sources tell SBI that one of the prominent ownership groups in the race for MLS expansion in Las Vegas has filed for a trademark of the name Las Vegas Heroes."

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

7 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

https://sbisoccer.com/2021/08/prospective-ownership-group-to-use-name-las-vegas-heroes-as-mls-expansion-race-heats-up-in-sin-city

This almost makes me appreciate a Las Vegas United or Las Vegas City name instead . . . ALMOST!!! 

"There is more than one group trying to bring MLS to Las Vegas though, and sources tell SBI that one of the prominent ownership groups in the race for MLS expansion in Las Vegas has filed for a trademark of the name Las Vegas Heroes."

That would be up the top of THE WORST EVER SPORTS CLUB NAMES list.

Along with

RED BULLS anything - Sponsor name anything is just not good for professional sport. Ok Japan it works.

Cleveland BROWNS - What do we call ourselves? Ahhh name it after the coach? Yeh brilliant. 

LA LAKERS - Where is the Lake? We have a tar pit. Yeah that'll do.

SPORTING Kansas City - Is the whole Kansas City on both side of the river Sporting?

REAL Salt Lake - are they Kanas City's Junior baseball side? Are they for real? Are they just poking fun at the Spanish that live in mass there?

Washington FOOTBALL TEAM - lucky they told us as they haven't played like one for years.

My favourite worst name that goes along with Heroes that will be an unpopular opinion is.

Cleveland GUARDIANS -So much of the name just spins comic book heroes to me, for a club in a league that is built on history this is the worst name that they came up with and just makes me laugh everytime i see it.

Just wait until they have a bad season and all the press jumps on WHO WILL GUARD CLEVELAND NOW?

On 8/27/2021 at 2:21 PM, MJWalker45 said:

It's Bill Foley, so I am surprised it's not Vegas (something) Knights.

2 hours ago, GDAWG said:

It's Bill Foley, so I am surprised it's not Vegas (something) Knights.

So many colours to prefix, so many Knights to Suffix.

With the Raiders and Hockey Knights being mostly Black do you think they'll throw in some random Jade or such colour?

Archived