I am from the future

rheistad

i am shocked that a good band like vendetta red is on an ea sports game. i thought they only put popular music on their tracks. ^_^

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Say what you want about that trophy, but the best part about it is the bottle of Stoli frozen into the center of it :D

That's only if the Russians win...

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

If they win the trophy, Air Canada better not "lose" it in transit like they did with Stanley. What a joke!!!! Neubrand's face must have been priceless.

Air Canada denies losing Stanley Cup

Windsor Star

Tuesday, August 24, 2004

Air Canada did not actually lose or misplace the Stanley Cup on Sunday. But for some reason, the airline pulled the country's most revered trophy out of the cargo hold of a plane leaving Vancouver.

And then the airline failed to tell Walter Neubrand, whose job it is to protect the cup, what had happened.

So when Neubrand arrived in Fort St. John, a city in northern British Columbia, the Stanley Cup did not. "The Stanley Cup did not go missing," Air Canada spokeswoman Laura Cooke said.

"The Cup was held in a secure facility overnight. We always knew where it was," Air Canada spokeswoman Laura Cooke said

Jake Goertzen, head scout for the cup-winning Tampa Bay Lightning, met Neubrand at the airport in Fort St. John and told him how eager he was to show off the trophy to residents.

It didn't take long for them to realize something was amiss.

"We were waiting for it to come out," Goertzen told the media in Fort St. John.

"Everybody's bag was there, except the cup."

Air Canada agents checked the plane but when there was no sign of the cup in its special travel container, they got on the phone to Vancouver.

They learned the 16-kg cup had been removed from the plane in Vancouver because of weight restrictions.

Goertzen told the newspaper the situation was "a nightmare."

"(Neubrand) is just so distraught," he said.

Goertzen had arranged two private showings of the cup Sunday evening, which had to be cancelled.

Fitness gym owner Brent Lock, whose Sunday cup viewing was cancelled, said he doesn't understand how Air Canada could have left the cup behind.

"It's not like it is a brown paper bag; it's the Holy Grail," he told the Alaska Highway News.

staffordsigbuffda6.jpg

Owner of

Kalamazoo Tech Kobras (Nat'l College Fant. Assc. Basketball, Football, and Hockey)

2006-07 NCFAB National Champions

2006 NCFAF Midwest Conf. Champions

Rochester Patriots (Major League Hockey - AHL Fantasy League) 2005-06 Neilson Cup Champs

Detroit Black Panthers (Xtreme Hockey League) 2005-06 Yzerman Conference Champs

Sheldon Motorsports (TRAC) - #20 Guinness Chevy & #21 UPS Chevy #44 Syracuse University Chevy

Commissioner of

MLH (Major League Hockey, an AHL Fantasy League)

TRAC (Team Racing Auto Circuit, NASCAR)

Air Canada agents checked the plane but when there was no sign of the cup in its special travel container, they got on the phone to Vancouver.

They learned the 16-kg cup had been removed from the plane in Vancouver because of weight restrictions.

WTF?!? If Air Canada's worried about weight restrictions being exceeded by a 35-lb. cargo item, I think they best be worrying about something other than the 35-lb. item.....like, maybe the morbidly obese guy sitting in seat 4C!!!

Wagner Athletic Group

11-2 Saskatoon Steeds (WAFL)-NFL-2014 Western Conference Champions / 8-5 Calgary Pronghorns (TNFF)-CFL-2014 Confederation Cup XI Champions

14-6-2 Saskatoon Yellowheads (XHL)-NHL-1st, Gretzky Conference / 5-4-0 Saskatoon Czars (MLH)-AHL-T2nd, Calder Conference

7-1-6 VfL Dortmund (Weltliga)-Bundesliga-3rd, League / 5-1-5 West End AFC (WFL)-EPL-T5th, League

14-7 Saskatoon Sheiks (AA)-MLB-2014 Founder's Cup Champions

Archived