NASCAR 2021 Paint Schemes

LAWeaver

With the Daytona 500 just over two weeks away and teams announcing their sponsors for the upcoming season, it seemed like a perfect time to go through some of this year's design changes.

- GearWrench returns to Kurt Busch and the #1 Chevy of Chip Ganassi Racing with a minor tweak to last year's design.Image

- The Blue Deuce returns, albeit with some changes. Molson Coors, the parent company of Miller Lite, has swapped the iconic sponsor in their lone race as a primary sponsor after over three decades. Brad Keselowski will drive the #2 Keystone Light Ford during the Coca-Cola 600 at Charlotte Motor Speedway. Keselowski's Discount Tire throwback from Darlington and the latter portion of last season makes a return in 2021. MoneyLion, AutoTrader, Pirtek, and Wurth will also make appearances throughout the season. 

CX22122KEYBW-01.jpgCX22122DCTBW-01.jpg

CX22123MONBW-01.jpgCX22122PIRBW-01.jpg

- Not much changes for Kevin Harvick and the #4 crew as sponsors and designs go except for Hunt Brothers Pizza, who unveiled a new design during the offseason.

CX42165HBPKH-01.jpg

- Kyle Larson returns to the Cup Series with Hendrick Motorsports after his suspension last year. The former 48 team will become the new 5 crew, with sponsorship from Hendrick-owned NationsGuard. The design harkens back to Rick Hendrick's late son, Ricky, and his driving days in the early-2000s. 

CX52122NAGKL-01.jpg

- Ryan Newman returns to Roush Fenway Racing's #6 Ford with Oscar Mayer and new sponsor Kohler Generators. 

Ery76wVW4AMQCjs?format=jpg&name=smallCX62165OMHRN-01.jpg

- Spire Motorsports is looking to (finally) make a run at success, purchasing a charter and bringing Corey LaJoie on full-time to drive their #7 Chevy. LaJoie brings Scluter Systems, a former GoFas Racing sponsor, with him. 

CX72122SCSCO-01.jpg

- 2020 Champion Chase Elliott looks to defend his title with a new NAPA Chevy. Llumar Window Film also makes the jump from Alex Bowman to Chase Elliott, bringing their design along with them. Adrenaline Shoc replaces Mountain Dew but has not unveiled a design so far. 

CX92122NAPCL-01.jpgCX92122LLUCL-01.jpg

- Back-to-back Defending Daytona 500 champion Denny Hamlin will have a slight tweak to the rear of his #11 Fedex Camry in 2021 (2020 design for comparison). 

C112165FEGDH-01.jpg

- Chase Briscoe replaces Clint Bowyer in the #14 Stewart-Haas Racing Ford Mustang after a successful stint in the Xfinity Series. Most of Bowyer's sponsors seem to be sticking around, but Briscoe will be bringing HighPoint along with him for the bulk of 2021. 

C142122HPCCJ-01.jpg

- Chris Buescher gets a new design for his #17 Fastenal Mustang for Roush Fenway Racing. 

C172165FASCH-01.jpg

- 2017 Champion Martin Truex, Jr. sees a few tweaks to his Bass Pro Shops and Auto Owners Insurance rides, and will also have Reser's on-board for the first time. 

C192122AOIMT-01.jpgC192122BPSMT-01.jpg

- Christopher Bell makes the jump from Leavine Family Racing to Joe Gibbs Racing's #20 Toyota Camry. Bell brings Rheem along with him while retaining Stanley/DeWalt/Craftsman from when Erik Jones piloted the 20.

C202122CRFCD-01.jpgC202165STNCD-01.jpg

C202165DWLCD-01.jpgC202165RHMCD-01.jpg

- Chicago Bulls legend Michael Jordan teams-up with Joe Gibbs Racing driver Denny Hamlin to field the #23 Toyota Camry for 23XI Racing in 2021. Bubba Wallace will pilot the car full-time with sponsorship from DoorDash, McDonald's, Dr. Pepper, Columbia, and Root Insurance.

C232122DOODX-01.jpg

- William Byron enters his fourth season with Hendrick Motorsports piloting the #24 Chevy. This year, Byron gets two new designs from Axalta and Liberty University. 

C242123LIBWB-01.jpgC242122AXLWB-01.jpg

- 2020 Rookie of the Year Cole Custer will have a new sponsor as Dixie Vodka joins the #41 Stewart-Haas Racing Ford for a few races in 2021. Haas CNC Tooling will remain the primary sponsor of Custer this year, moving from a white design to a new silver one. 

C412165HATCA-01.jpgC412122DXVCA-01.jpg

- Alex Bowman's 88 team rebrands to the 48 following the retirement of 7-time champion Jimmie Johnson. The new 48 team will see Ally on their car the entire season with a new purple design for 2021.

C482122ALYAL-01.jpg

- Daniel Suarez moves to the newly-formed Trackhouse Racing #99 Chevy, co-owned by Justin Marks and Pitbull. So far the organization has unveiled new sponsors iFly skydiving and Pump It Up party centers.

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, WSU151 said:

The 24 car has looked pretty good with the flames the last few years, but I really like the modern Rainbow Warrior approach this year. 

A lot of people don’t like that car for what ever reason, calling it one of the ugliest that will be on the track. While I would have wanted to replace the black with metallic blue I still think it’s a cool nod to the past rainbow warrior cars.

In the lower level-

Michael Annett (1)

JR Motorsports

spacer.png

Myatt Snyder (2)

RCR

spacer.png

Justin Allgaier (7) & Miguel Paludo (8)

JR Motorsports

spacer.png

spacer.png

Daniel Hemric (18)

Joe Gibbs Racing

spacer.png

Riley Herbst (98)

Stewart-Haas Racing

spacer.png

Also, for Cup Series, a few one-offs-

Noah Gragson (62)

Beard Motorsports, Daytona 500 ONLY

spacer.png

Corey LaJoie (7)

Spire Motorsports, Daytona 500 sponsorship

spacer.png

1 hour ago, DNAsports said:

Austin Cindric’s Daytona 500 sponsor, paint scheme, and number:

spacer.png

Kinda surprised Penske didn’t go with 32. Would’ve made a lot of sense with 2, 12, & 22 in use.

Gotta say I love the simple design. One of my favorites of the season.

I think 32 is already taken by some small team like lajoie racing or something.

12 minutes ago, dont care said:

I think 32 is already taken by some small team like lajoie racing or something.

GoFas Racing. Corey LaJoie joined Spire Motorsports in the No. 7 car. Considering car numbers aren’t really “owned” by any team, I’m kinda surprised Penske didn’t jump at getting the No. 32.

10 minutes ago, DNAsports said:

GoFas Racing. Corey LaJoie joined Spire Motorsports in the No. 7 car. Considering car numbers aren’t really “owned” by any team, I’m kinda surprised Penske didn’t jump at getting the No. 32.

I don’t think it was worth it to Penske to buy the lease for the number for only one race. I’m more surprised that RCR didn’t hold the lease to the 33 being that was typically the number he’d run part time over the years.

1 hour ago, Michael Bolton said:

Didn't realize how similar the 14 and 17 schemes look until seeing them together. Best of luck to those spotters.

They’ll likely change the roof number colors to make them easier to spot. Most teams do it on super speedways where that may become an issue.

1 minute ago, cajunaggie08 said:

In this case they drive for separate teams. Who will change first?

They both might, one go yellow, the other go red, or what ever variety they want to go. They’ll probably coordinate it with eachother since it only disadvantages them not to.

17 hours ago, DNAsports said:

If I'm not mistaken, the team that has the number gets first crack at the number the next year. GoFAS, while dropping down to part-time, does intend to compete in 2021 using that number.

17 hours ago, dont care said:

I don’t think it was worth it to Penske to buy the lease for the number for only one race. I’m more surprised that RCR didn’t hold the lease to the 33 being that was typically the number he’d run part time over the years.

FWIW, RCR has run one-off entries a couple of times over the last few years. They ran the 8 a couple of times with Daniel Hemric before he went full-time Cup racing, and they ran the 31 for Tyler Reddick a couple of races.

GoldenPanthers.png
RiverHawks.png

20 hours ago, VDizzle12 said:

The 23 car is pretty underwhelming. Actually think it's a downgrade from Bubba's #43 Doordash car from last season.

Thought with Jordan being a part owner we'd get some cool designs and even maybe some jumpman branding.

Unless it’s already unveiled, I wouldn’t be surprised if Bubba Wallace joins Denny Hamlin as the only two drivers to have jumpman brand fire suits

Ty Dillon will drive the #23 Root Insurance Toyota for 23XI Racing during the Busch Clash exhibition race on Feb. 7. Dillon was a stage-winner in 2020, making him eligible for the event, while Bubba Wallace was not.

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

Spire Motorsports has unveiled a couple new designs for their #77 entry, with new sponsors General Formulations and MUTOH.com joining the organization. 

The #77 is expected to see multiple faces in its drivers seat, starting with former Daytona 500 winner Jamie McMurray at the season opener. Xfinity driver and 2019 Coke Zero 400 winner Justin Haley will rejoin the team on a part-time basis once again in 2021. 

EDIT: According to Fox Sports' Bob Pockrass, Haley will drive the General Formulations car at Michigan and the MUTOH.com car at Phoenix. 

Archived