USFL (Alt History)

WideRight

On 3/27/2024 at 2:17 PM, neo_prankster said:

Option 1 for sure.

Although, I do feel bad for the fans in Boston losing the USFL twice.

As a New York Fan,

HAHAHAHAHA

spacer.pngspacer.png

Im an isles,rangers,devils,Sabres,Yankees,Mets,Braves,hawks,knicks,nets,bills,giants,falcons,and jets fan. So?

• 1 month later...
On 3/26/2024 at 10:04 AM, WideRight said:

Yup, Boston lost the Breakers back in the late 80's, got the Atlanta Fire to move in the early 2000's and then lost that team to Dallas in 2013.  The problem is that Robert Kraft will not let the USFL use Gilette Stadium, so they cannot find a decent stadium to play in, lose a lot of revenue and have trouble being profitable compared with other franchises.  

That's cruel...

10 hours ago, TheAnt755 said:

That's cruel...

The Pats never had Brady or all those Super Bowl wins in this timeline either so I imagine people from Boston wouldn't think too fondly of Kraft ousting the only football team to actually win something

18 hours ago, Dozap17 said:

I see on the main site there's going to be a new St. Louis Skyhawks helmet, will there be a vote on that?

Yes there is and the vote is now open.  XFL/UFL fans will recognize some of the options. 

Here are the 4 choices.  Hit the website to vote:  https://apsbertsche.wixsite.com/mysite

spacer.png

Just realized that 3 of the 4 images say OPTION 3.  Oops.  On the vote there actually 4 different numbers.  I will fix this tonight when I get home. 

• Like 2

Speaking of helmets WideRight posted this on the alt history site. Was hoping we'd get another look at the league's helmet situation. Good variety as always.

aa3b49_1f6fe7e720bd4ed8ba246e5f175497e8~

As for the Skyhawks vote I'm going with Clear Sky Wings. I like the continuity in keeping the same base color. Also it makes sense for the Arch stripe to be silver like in real life

• Like 2

The St. Louis Skyhawks' new helmet has to be the Clear Sky Wings option.

* The wings are strikingly iconic.
* It makes logical sense for said wings to be rendered in Silver and White against a Clear Sky blue background.
* it allows for the Gateway Arch helmet stripe to be rendered in a metallic hue that represents its actual color.  

• Like 2

On 5/15/2024 at 11:08 AM, Brian in Boston said:

The St. Louis Skyhawks' new helmet has to be the Clear Sky Wings option.

* The wings are strikingly iconic.
* It makes logical sense for said wings to be rendered in Silver and White against a Clear Sky blue background.
* it allows for the Gateway Arch helmet stripe to be rendered in a metallic hue that represents its actual color.  

I second this vote!

Sportslogo-Forum-Signature-2.png

Clear Sky Wings and Silver Wings were my top two choices, I opted for the latter but I'd be cool with the former as well given the real-life Battlehawks have used both versions