Adults arguing about Ken Anderson

Sport

I live in Cincinnati.

I'm [slightly] younger than Sean.

I hate the Bengals and wish they would relocate to another city.

Every city has a player like Ken Anderson that deserves to be in the Hall of Fame and there's usually no real reason to keep most of those guys out, other than some idea that can't be quantified, even when the things that can be quantified say the likely deserve to be there.

I never knew there were so many people worried about protecting the supposed sanctity of the Pro Football Hall of Fame. They could induct Correll Buckhalter & Lee Suggs tomorrow and I'd be like "sure of course, why not."

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, MJWalker45 said:

Once again, it's the Pro Football Hall of Fame, not the NFL Hall of Fame. There's only so many slots for kickers and he did well enough to get back into the league. Cleveland players whose history started before the AAFC dissolved still have those stats counted by the Hall of Fame. 

Then tell me why he was out of football completely after “10” years. Sorry if he can’t play more than a decade as a kicker you don’t deserve to be in the hall of fame. He has no argument for it at all. His percentage is high but you can take 6 year stretches from any of the ones already in and those like vinitierri who are for sure going to be in and you’ll see higher percentage than him. 

10 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

Once again, it's the Pro Football Hall of Fame, not the NFL Hall of Fame. There's only so many slots for kickers and he did well enough to get back into the league. Cleveland players whose history started before the AAFC dissolved still have those stats counted by the Hall of Fame. 

From the same wiki page you got your stats from.

Norwood's field goal range was unusually short for a professional kicker and he had difficulties in converting field goals over 40 yards throughout his career, especially on natural grass (the Bills' home stadium used AstroTurf, which mitigated this issue).”

and you think this guy should get in?

7 minutes ago, dont care said:

From the same wiki page you got your stats from.

Norwood's field goal range was unusually short for a professional kicker and he had difficulties in converting field goals over 40 yards throughout his career, especially on natural grass (the Bills' home stadium used AstroTurf, which mitigated this issue).”

and you think this guy should get in?

Sure. Because Wikipedia isn't the be all, end all of sports information. 

* Realistically, there are other kickers that should be in besides him, but if you're going to argue stats he meets those of the guys already in. Kickers either can kick or they can't and that's my main argument here.. Obviously there are better kickers, he just happens to be better, percentage wise, than most of those currently in the hall.  

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

17 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

Sure. Because Wikipedia isn't the be all, end all of sports information. 

When you don’t have a strong leg, and then can’t play in every condition you don’t deserve to be in. Vinatieri hit one of the most clutch kicks of all time in a blizzard on natural grass. Then 3 weeks later seal a super bowl in a dome on artificial turf. Yet you think a guy who struggles on natural grass, couldn’t kick past 40 yards, and missed the kick to win a super bowl deserves to be in? A guy who couldn’t stay in the league for longer than 6 years. There is nothing you can say to make an argument for him because there is none.

These are my 2000s favorites:

Wat8.jpg?1315930535

fat-boy-t-shirt-im-number-1-so-why-try-h

Scott Norwood's defining moment is failure and, unlike a guy like Gary Andersen (who missed that huge kick in the NFCCG), he doesn't have like 20 years of experience being generally awesome to make up for it.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

• CS85 locked this topic

Welp, now that we've gotten the early 2000's memes in the mix, it's time to close up shop.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Archived