2021 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LVI

canzman

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jets are wearing white over green. Thanks to them for treating the white over black look as a one-time thing unlike the Eagles.

More importantly, the Dolphins are finally wearing aqua. I'm worried it's not throwback since they likely would've hyped that up all week for the fans. Looks like the finale vs. New England may be the only aqua throwback game. Maybe they wear the white one at New Orleans on Monday night in Week 16 like they did in 2019 on Monday night in Pittsburgh? I don't see why they wouldn't use all three throwback games with how popular they are.

Every time I watch the Chargers I’m reminded how beautiful their jerseys are. That shade of powder blue is divine. It’s the only jersey I'd ever consider getting that’s not a Ravens one just because I like it so much. 

spacer.png

18 minutes ago, Crabcake said:

Every time I watch the Chargers I’m reminded how beautiful their jerseys are. That shade of powder blue is divine. It’s the only jersey If consider getting that’s not a ravens one just because I like it so much. 

I’ve considered getting a Herbert jersey. Maybe not powder blue, but definitely the Royal or the “inverted” yellow. The Chargers just simply have a beautiful uniform 

40 minutes ago, DCarp1231 said:

I’ve considered getting a Herbert jersey. Maybe not powder blue, but definitely the Royal or the “inverted” yellow. The Chargers just simply have a beautiful uniform 

They don’t have a bad uniform in the set. The weakest is probably the navy one and even that looks great. I’d get a powder blue Herbert in an instant if I wasn’t dropping $120 on a jersey that isn’t even my favorite team. 

spacer.png

1 hour ago, Crabcake said:

They don’t have a bad uniform in the set. The weakest is probably the navy one and even that looks great. I’d get a powder blue Herbert in an instant if I wasn’t dropping $120 on a jersey that isn’t even my favorite team. 

Legend jerseys are only $90. Sure they aren’t the highest of quality, but they get the job done.

24 minutes ago, DCarp1231 said:

Legend jerseys are only $90. Sure they aren’t the highest of quality, but they get the job done.

It's even harder for me to justify spending $90 on what essentially amounts to an athletic shirt.  So basically what I end up doing is admiring the jersey from afar and not buying either.

spacer.png

4 hours ago, Crabcake said:

Every time I watch the Chargers I’m reminded how beautiful their jerseys are. That shade of powder blue is divine. It’s the only jersey I'd ever consider getting that’s not a Ravens one just because I like it so much. 

I wanted the Chiefs to wear the red pants. That would have made the uniform match with the powder blue jersey and white pants combo perfect, but no, they had to wear the white pants with the white jersey. KC's all white is dull. They visit the Chargers early in the season a lot, where they are forced to wear the red jerseys.  That's what sucks. But maybe with the Chargers getting better, it might help to prevent the same look from being seen so much.

3 hours ago, Crabcake said:

It's even harder for me to justify spending $90 on what essentially amounts to an athletic shirt.  So basically what I end up doing is admiring the jersey from afar and not buying either.

Happens to all of us, don't feel too bad.🙂

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

12 hours ago, dont care said:

It was more than the font, they tried to squeeze every element from their past sets into that one to try to please everyone and ended up pleasing no one. The navy and powder outlines were too much and would end up getting muddled and looking green, they had 3 different lighting bolts on the uniform, random panels, the already mentioned number font. It was just a busy mess. Only way it could have been worse is if they somehow forced royal into the uniforms.

and the sleeve bolts were upside down.  That uniform was a mess, and in no ways an improvement over the navy-helmeted set that preceded it.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

On 12/17/2021 at 6:12 PM, gothedistance said:

I wanted the Chiefs to wear the red pants. That would have made the uniform match with the powder blue jersey and white pants combo perfect, but no, they had to wear the white pants with the white jersey. KC's all white is dull. They visit the Chargers early in the season a lot, where they are forced to wear the red jerseys.  That's what sucks. But maybe with the Chargers getting better, it might help to prevent the same look from being seen so much.

Eh. I like every uniform combo the Chiefs wear except for the all-red. I do believe red pants would’ve looked better against the Chargers’ powder-white combo, but it’s a fantastic-looking game either way. 

On 12/16/2021 at 10:15 PM, Cujo said:

Q: Have the Chargers ever had a bad uniform?

I liked the last set when it first came out, but it quickly grew stale. Their Fouts-era looks, while iconic, weren’t quite up to par with the Super Bowl team look, in my opinion - the bolt really pops against a navy background. 

That said, I don’t think they’ve ever had a truly bad set, but even so, I’d consider their current set my favorite, aside from the pointless once-a-year monochrome alts. The colors are incredibly vibrant and bright. Better still, they are able to mix and match their regular jerseys and pants without ever going full monochrome, because they have exclusively powder blue socks and no powder blue pants. So it keeps them from messing up an otherwise fantastic look the way so many other teams do (well, maybe not all that many -Bills, Texans, and Saints at least; most of the other mono-lovers have issues besides the mono). 

Jags and Dolphins both wearing all aqua/teal at the same time. Oh my.

Cardinals - Why can’t you wear red pants once in a while? Your uniforms are all terrible. Stop acting like the white on white is some classic look.

Surprised it took the Panthers this long to bust out the white over black look. Usually comes around the midway point in the season.

Something I've been tracking and been curious about for a while now appears to be confirmed: several of the Snatit appear to actually be wearing full-length pants--like, actual leggings.  Looks like the sock portions are sewn to the bottom of the pants. That is definitely a first as far as uniform alterations go.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

12 minutes ago, tBBP said:

Something I've been tracking and been curious about for a while now appears to be confirmed: several of the Snatit appear to actually be wearing full-length pants--like, actual leggings.  Looks like the sock portions are sewn to the bottom of the pants. That is definitely a first as far as uniform alterations go.

I mentioned this a few weeks ago when the Jets were in black over black against the Eagles.  I couldn't confirm it since it's hard when the guys are wearing tights that match the pants, but I was 90% sure they were wearing long pants.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

After looking very closely I don’t believe they are wearing full length pants. I don’t believe they are sewing their pants into their tie guts either because there is no way that is more comfortable. I do see a seam where the traditional pants end, they are just so close to the sock/tight color it ends up looking like one piece of fabric unless you get a good close up in slow motion.

Archived