2021 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LVI

canzman

22 minutes ago, oldschoolvikings said:

I'm not sure I get the logic.  You play in an ugly stadium so you need to wear ugly uniforms?

You crack me up 😂 He means that the cardinals are a team that fits the bill for modern uniforms (modern stadium, not a traditional sports city, total lack of success for most of its history, up and coming team with a lot of young stars). I don’t think anyone is clamoring for ugly uniforms. 

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, TBGKon said:

Wow, I've seen that commercial and i totally blanked that it was the Bucs in red pants.

They're not even wearing football pants. They're wearing red shorts.

Clear as day at six seconds 

PvO6ZWJ.png

15 hours ago, AFirestormToPurify said:

I still don't understand why people like those old Rams jerseys and I'm not convinced the Cards need to bring back an old boring design either

I would argue that both of the old uniforms are less boring than the two in the newer photo. The newer uniforms are both mono-colored body suits with no striping. The old uniforms both have killer sleeves and are perfectly color balanced. 

19 minutes ago, PlayGloria said:

I would argue that both of the old uniforms are less boring than the two in the newer photo. The newer uniforms are both mono-colored body suits with no striping. The old uniforms both have killer sleeves and are perfectly color balanced. 

The Cardinals uniform isn't new. It's been around for a long time. When the Cardinals were in the first year of their current uniforms, Youtube was also new to people.

28 minutes ago, gothedistance said:

The Cardinals uniform isn't new. It's been around for a long time. When the Cardinals were in the first year of their current uniforms, Youtube was also new to people.

I didn't mean new... I meant the current uniforms vs the old unis. Sorry if I worded that oddly

53 minutes ago, PlayGloria said:

The current Cards jerseys actually have plenty of stripes. Too many of them in fact. Unless you don't count piping as stripes?

Say what you want about the current Rams jersey, they're anything but boring. I'll take bright royal and sol over played out navy and "gold" any day

Forget about the killer sleeves, they wouldn't work anymore with modern jerseys and shoulder pads. Both jerseys posted are better left in the past

By the way, I never said yesterday's matchup was good looking or well balanced, just that going with throwbacks isn't the solution imo

I think what the Cardinals need is something in the vein of Wazzu or  of what the Jaguars are wearing. Something  with a traditional football aesthetic, but with some modern touches; simple uniforms with a blockish  number font and probably a real stripe on the pants.

Bengals weekly releases says it will be white over black for the third straight time they've played in Denver, who has worn orange every time. Why the Broncos refuse to wear navy and spare us this hideous orange overload is beyond me. The below with black pants would look great:

Through the Years: Broncos vs. Bengals

25 minutes ago, AFirestormToPurify said:

The current Cards jerseys actually have plenty of stripes. Too many of them in fact. Unless you don't count piping as stripes?

Say what you want about the current Rams jersey, they're anything but boring. I'll take bright royal and sol over played out navy and "gold" any day

Forget about the killer sleeves, they wouldn't work anymore with modern jerseys and shoulder pads. Both jerseys posted are better left in the past

By the way, I never said yesterday's matchup was good looking or well balanced, just that going with throwbacks isn't the solution imo

Fair enough. We may have to agree to disagree. I personally get more bored with a uniform set that is a complete mess of components, than with a set that is clean and balanced - even if that set is somewhat simple. 

It's like looking at a plate of sloppy  joe meat versus looking at a dish from a fine dining restaurant. Although there is a lot more going on with the sloppy joe, the end result is somehow more boring because it all just slopped together in one big bowl of subpar ingredients.

2 hours ago, AFirestormToPurify said:

spacer.png

2 hours ago, 8BW14 said:

I think what the Cardinals need is something in the vein of Wazzu or  of what the Jaguars are wearing. Something  with a traditional football aesthetic, but with some modern touches; simple uniforms with a blockish  number font and probably a real stripe on the pants.

Reminds me of how Ive said to myself many a time that the Jags should just give their current design to the Cardinals. The Cards need this type of “return to tradition” vibe more than the Jags do. Maybe a red facemask, wear the right pants and socks and youre clean.

subsource-done-button-uid-EE3-BD340-E9-F

2 hours ago, oldschoolvikings said:

spacer.png

Yeah? Now post the Panthers with their truncated stripes and ridiculous tiny numbers lol

Are you seriously trying to tell me that sleeve length hasn't dramatically decreased since the 90s and that the stripes used back then would still work now? Half the examples you cherry picked are of quarter backs with the longest sleeves and they STILL have incomplete stripes. Where are the offensive linemen? 😂

spacer.png

2 hours ago, Bathysphere said:

Reminds me of how Ive said to myself many a time that the Jags should just give their current design to the Cardinals. The Cards need this type of “return to tradition” vibe more than the Jags do. Maybe a red facemask, wear the right pants and socks and youre clean.

I hate how much I like this. Why it works for the Cardinals but not the Jags is beyond me

Sorry, I'm on an iPad

5 hours ago, NFLfan10 said:

Bengals weekly releases says it will be white over black for the third straight time they've played in Denver, who has worn orange every time. Why the Broncos refuse to wear navy and spare us this hideous orange overload is beyond me. The below with black pants would look great:

Through the Years: Broncos vs. Bengals

What can people do to sway teams to wear certain things for a game? We can't do anything about it. It's just like when fans want coaches or management to do something about playing certain players or do certain things on theirfor their gameplan on the team. 

1 hour ago, AFirestormToPurify said:

Yeah? Now post the Panthers with their truncated stripes and ridiculous tiny numbers lol

Are you seriously trying to tell me that sleeve length hasn't dramatically decreased since the 90s and that the stripes used back then would still work now? Half the examples you cherry picked are of quarter backs with the longest sleeves and they STILL have incomplete stripes. Where are the offensive linemen? 😂

spacer.png

That’s more due to the collars being bigger, not the sleeves being smaller. The panthers don’t even use sleeve stripes but shoulder loops that make the area even smaller. 

3 hours ago, Bathysphere said:

I’d make the black “stripes” white and keep the gray face mask, but yeah that’s pretty much perfect.

Archived