2021 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LVI

canzman

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, AFirestormToPurify said:

So basically, you're in agreement with me that those uniforms are dated? ;^)

There's a difference between a dated uniform and one that was a small tweak away from being perfect.

1 hour ago, EddieJ1984 said:

I'm just going to assume the Eagles will wear their white jersey's w/black pants against the buccaneers Sunday.

Tampa is wearing white.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

39 minutes ago, ManillaToad said:

Tampa is the most forced white-at-home team ever

This makes me so mad. They barely wear red/pewter. Heck, the few times they wore red, they paired with white (twice I believe and pewter twice). They have the pewter jersey and more than likely bucco Bruce next year to even take away more red opportunities. I don’t know where the boner for white at home came from. They’d usually be white for the first half of the season for 1pm games. Now it’s everything including playoffs.

KISSwall09.jpg

40 minutes ago, NFLfan10 said:

Have the Bucs even confirmed white yet? I haven’t seen anything. I’m sure they will, but I’m still holding out hope. Maybe we see red over white.

I could have sworn I saw it but I can't find any proof, so I guess the could still go with red.

EDIT: in hindsight, I probably just saw what canzman posted, which is obviously not confirmed.  So who knows?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

6 hours ago, spartacat_12 said:

There's a difference between a dated uniform and one that was a small tweak away from being perfect.

Oof I'd say it's about a dozen major tweaks away from being perfect so we'll just agree to disagree I think

I just thought it was funny that you didn't think it was dated but that it needed to be updated lol. I was just being pedantic on purpose, nevermind

2 hours ago, NFLfan10 said:

Have the Bucs even confirmed white yet? I haven’t seen anything. I’m sure they will, but I’m still holding out hope. Maybe we see red over white.

I wanna say the Bucs only wore red at home once this year, and it was the game vs New Orleans where Brady was shutout for the first time since like 1964 -- so ya, were never seeing their home red again.

6uXNWAo.png

23 minutes ago, Cujo said:

I wanna say the Bucs only wore red at home once this year, and it was the game vs New Orleans where Brady was shutout for the first time since like 1964 -- so ya, were never seeing their home red again.

They wore it Week 11 vs the Giants and Week 14 vs. the Bills. Won both games and both were with white pants.

20 hours ago, BBTV said:

Tampa is wearing white.

I know you've walked this back since posting it, but I would hardly be surprised if this happens at all either. After winning the Super Bowl in their home stadium last year wearing white (because they wore red against KC a few weeks earlier, yada yada), something tells me that wearing white at home for any and all playoff games is going to be a new custom moving forward at least for the remainder of this particular core. It really shouldn't but it probably is. After all, they wore red/pewter precisely one time at home all season, and they lost that game. In fact, thanks to that sparseness, the last time they won a home game in that combination was Week 14 of last season. 

It's a good thing that white/pewter itself works, and that even the red/white jersey and pants combo works as decently as it does, because the Bucs do seem hell-bent on making their best combination their least-liked one, which from an aesthetics POV is extremely unfortunate.

spacer.png

IDK if it's the colors that convinced me of this but the Rams to me just have some parallels to what the Sabres went through in the 2010s. I wouldn't be surprised if they go back the the classic set in future years.

kZ9pI3p.jpg

=

GmFI01D.jpg

---------------------------------------

dQsbB2s.jpg0Yz0Is4.jpg

=

RaLugC9.jpg

Archived