2021 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LVI

canzman

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, upperV03 said:

To say nothing about the rest of the problems that the set has, I’ve really come to hate the shades of blue and yellow that the Rams went with. Both are too bright IMO, and I especially hate how the shade of blue looks on those helmets. I think I could tolerate it a little more if the helmets were more of a satin finish, but the candy finish in that shade of blue just looks incredibly cheap. I don’t mind the yellow on its own, but it’s definitely too bright to compliment that blue. Why they felt like they needed to change the shades at all is beyond me when they were pretty much perfect on the throwbacks.

Proof that opinions can actually vary . . . 

The shade and finish of the helmets is my favorite part of the Rams uniform.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

Besides the gradient and bone color, I wish the Rams would make their pant striping consistent. If it were up to me, they would like this: 

Rams Sol Pants Striping:

spacer.png

Rams Royal Pants Striping: 

spacer.png

Rams Bone Pants Striping: 

spacer.png

Rams White Pants (if they existed) Striping: 

spacer.png

spacer.png

On 1/15/2022 at 4:50 PM, CreamSoda said:

First Bengals game I have watched.  They look great! 

but. 

why isn’t the panel on the pants black with orange stripes?!

NOBODY KNOWS! I genuinely love their new uniforms and I think the orange socks, white pants, and black jerseys are a nearly perfect football uniform, but even when they get a uniform right Nike always has one giant WTF decision that keeps it from perfection and the Bengals' clownfish looking white pants are this set's big goof. I hope they fix that in the future and go back to black stripes on an orange background like the good lord intended. 

On 1/15/2022 at 9:05 PM, xmichaelp said:

Oh I just noticed the stripe on the Bills helmet gets wider on the back. Add that to list of things I don’t like.

No way I love that. It mimics the stripe coming off of the logo. It's a small detail, but it makes their helmet uniquely theirs. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

1 hour ago, Sport said:

NOBODY KNOWS! I genuinely love their new uniforms and I think the orange socks, white pants, and black jerseys are a nearly perfect football uniform, but even when they get a uniform right Nike always has one giant WTF decision that keeps it from perfection and the Bengals' clownfish looking white pants are this set's big goof. I hope they fix that in the future and go back to black stripes on an orange background like the good lord intended. 

No way I love that. It mimics the stripe coming off of the logo. It's a small detail, but it makes their helmet uniquely theirs. 

I think there are issues beyond that. The number outline is way too thin. Split the difference between the current outline and the previous would be perfect. The road uniform also has way too little orange. Again, an overcorrection from the previous set. In addition to the thicker number outline, they should have outlined the shoulder stripes in orange to match it. That would also eliminate the need for the black and white pants.

If the side panel on the black/orange jerseys and the yoke that extends to the nameplate on the white didn't exist on the old set, I think the new set would be a downgrade.

Carolina Panthers (2012 - Pres)Carolina Hurricanes (2000 - Pres)

12 hours ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

The Rams modernized their uniform but kept the core elements. How is this still a problem?

It's become clear for some time now that you are literally the only person on this site that doesn't think the new Rams' uniforms suck.  That's cool, you do you. But every time someone says how crappy it is,  why do you continually act like it's a big surprise?

Titans lost in all-navy in their first playoff game last year. Do they maybe switch it up? Doubtful, yet possible.

Bengals in all white is disappointing. Hasn't been worn since Halloween.

Not sure what reason there is to believe the Bills will wear anything but all white. No white over blue since the Week 9 loss to Jacksonville, and they beat the Chiefs in all white this year and lost to them in the AFCCG in blue pants last year.

7 minutes ago, NFLfan10 said:

Never mind.  Leave it to the Titans to make every game look worse than it should.

As long as they're in their current design, they have no choice but to make every game they're in look worse.  Trying to come up with a better combination is just changing the shades of the lipstick on the pig.

43 minutes ago, throwuascenario said:

I think there are issues beyond that. The number outline is way too thin. Split the difference between the current outline and the previous would be perfect. The road uniform also has way too little orange. Again, an overcorrection from the previous set. In addition to the thicker number outline, they should have outlined the shoulder stripes in orange to match it. That would also eliminate the need for the black and white pants.

For reasons I've already covered many times on this forum I disagree with every single piece of this criticism. 

43 minutes ago, throwuascenario said:

If the side panel on the black/orange jerseys and the yoke that extends to the nameplate on the white didn't exist on the old set, I think the new set would be a downgrade.

Computer, show me what these uniforms would look like without the yoke and side panels. 

15001144-850x560.jpeg

9c8f214b-99f3-4938-99ab-91d79046286d-100

Computer: 

033b8dc6-3e8d-446f-87c3-bf131a3fbc18-082pdewulthqbw9clcc4dcf.jpg

PvO6ZWJ.png

43 minutes ago, NFLfan10 said:

Titans lost in all-navy in their first playoff game last year. Do they maybe switch it up? Doubtful, yet possible.

Bengals in all white is disappointing. Hasn't been worn since Halloween.

I wonder if the Bengals are trying to recreate their win over the Titans last year

4308a388-4a0c-4812-8e61-71364d2bf9c8-110

The Titans may have chosen to wear all blue to avoid that. 

Who knows?

PvO6ZWJ.png

55 minutes ago, oldschoolvikings said:

It's become clear for some time now that you are literally the only person on this site that doesn't think the new Rams' uniforms suck.  That's cool, you do you. But every time someone says how crappy it is,  why do you continually act like it's a big surprise?

For the same reason everyone races to express their displeasure with everything the Rams do. And the same reason you complain about the Seahawks every chance you can.

We all have our crosses to bear. Some of us happen to be right, too.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

3 minutes ago, PaleVermilion81 said:

Yup. Changing the uniform should have a big impact on the outcome of this game.

Didn't say it would. I wasn't editorializing on whether the uniforms are going to have an impact (They won't. That goes without saying, which is why I didn't say it). I'm merely spitballing why the two teams may have chosen to wear these specific combinations because we're on a sports uniform message board. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

10 minutes ago, Sport said:

Didn't say it would. I wasn't editorializing on whether the uniforms are going to have an impact (They won't. That goes without saying, which is why I didn't say it). I'm merely spitballing why the two teams may have chosen to wear these specific combinations because we're on a sports uniform message board. 

It's probably just more simple like: the Titans are at home and their preferred home look is all navy. 

1 hour ago, oldschoolvikings said:

As long as they're in their current design, they have no choice but to make every game they're in look worse.  Trying to come up with a better combination is just changing the shades of the lipstick on the pig.

This true to an extent. But I think many of us agree that when they don more light blue (pants or jerseys), they generally look better and more like the franchise they are.

Archived