2021 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LVI

canzman

2 hours ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

"Old = better" is a lazy take, especially when this is objectively better:

Bills-Chiefs-1024x561.jpg

2 hours ago, MNtwins3 said:

The white helmet is objectively better for the Bills. The red helmet is too busy

Perfectly reasonable opinions, but how are either of these statements "objective"?

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, dont care said:

The 9ers did get approval to wear their throwbacks throughout the playoffs in 94 including the super bowl

My memory fails me here..  For that '94 season, were the 49ers the only team to hang onto their throwback unis after the designated throwback weekends? I know Dallas wore those star-shouldered alt unis a few times, including the NFCCG, but those weren't their original '94 throwbacks.

6uXNWAo.png

1 hour ago, Crabcake said:

God this Niners-Packers game looks so good. 

I agree. Though it still bothers me the niners going to 2 stripes on the primaries even though the throwbacks clearly show they can have the classic 3 stripe.

And also the random niners going all white on the socks.

The mismatch between the 49ers helmets and pants is almost as annoying as the Cowboys.   I’m also annoyed, albeit less so, by their era-mismatched helmet logo. 

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

9 minutes ago, BBTV said:

The mismatch between the 49ers helmets and pants is almost as annoying as the Cowboys.   I’m also annoyed, albeit less so, by their era-mismatched helmet logo. 

I came across a concept that modernized the logo, but kept it recognizable.

spacer.png

I didn’t like the uniforms, but if you want to see the full concept, here it is: http://www.joshleguern.com/49ers-rebrand

Is there a guy on SF wearing jersey number 02??? I’m certain I just saw someone in 02. 

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

8 hours ago, Cujo said:

My memory fails me here..  For that '94 season, were the 49ers the only team to hang onto their throwback unis after the designated throwback weekends? I know Dallas wore those star-shouldered alt unis a few times, including the NFCCG, but those weren't their original '94 throwbacks.

The Giants, Packers and Lions wore their throwbacks way more than the rest of the league but the 49ers adopted it as the permanent uniform for the rest of the season. It seems like the response to the Giants throwback is why they went back to the NY logo 5-6 years later.

bSLCtu2.png

8 hours ago, NFLfan10 said:

With the Rams confirming blue over yellow (a rarely worn combo this season), it brings to mind the question, when is the last time any team won a playoff game and then WILLINGLY wore a different combination the following week? I can’t recall.

Patriots and Broncos both chose to wear white jerseys in the super bowl as the "home" team when they both wore their colored jerseys the week before. Packers did the inverse in 2010 where they won all their playoff games in white and decided to wear colored jerseys in the super bowl.

4 hours ago, LA Fakers+ LA Snippers said:

spacer.png

Which this isn't a logo I would necessarily endorse, at least the "SF" are somewhat centered in the oval.

That's the one thing that bothers me about the Niners' current logo, the "S" virtually being centered and the "F" being on the very far right.

49ers.png

6uXNWAo.png

6 hours ago, GoHawks said:

Patriots and Broncos both chose to wear white jerseys in the super bowl as the "home" team when they both wore their colored jerseys the week before. Packers did the inverse in 2010 where they won all their playoff games in white and decided to wear colored jerseys in the super bowl.

I realized the 2017 Patriots did in fact do this most recently. But I mean more from wildcard to divisional or divisional to championship game, it seems like every mix and match team hops on the superstition train.

9 hours ago, Cujo said:

Which this isn't a logo I would necessarily endorse, at least the "SF" are somewhat centered in the oval.

That's the one thing that bothers me about the Niners' current logo, the "S" virtually being centered and the "F" being on the very far right.

49ers.png

I totally like the black and gold on the 49ers logo, and the clarity is far batter at a distance which is a very important thing. 

This to me is a prime example of people never being satisfied and always looking for something to be critical of, no matter what.

When SF first changed their uni's in the post Eddie DeBartolo years ago by making the red darker, changing the helmet decal to the current logo which is now worn on their helmets and dumping that red face-mask..  The 49ers current logo is far superior thanks to the black accent making it really stand out.  

How having the 'S' ever so slightly more to the centre of the oval than the 'F' is just downright nitpicking. The only thing that should be tweaked is if NIKE loses the NFL apparel contract and the new mfgr made the burnished gold pants with the glossy metallic shine that matches their helmet that they used to have pre-2012 with Reebok.  

I'm glad they went back to their classic gray face-masks and embrace the old wordmark in the end-zone from the Candlestick years. 

Archived