2021-2022 International Club Soccer

MJWalker45

1 hour ago, MJWalker45 said:

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/61212426

Fulham win the English Championship, Bournemouth can join them with a draw from one of the last two games and a less than four points from Nottingham Forest or Huddersfield.  Middlesborough can sneak in to the playoffs with a win and a Luton City draw, based on goal difference. 

Bournemouth needs to worry about The Reds tomorrow. Because if they beat Bournemouth tomorrow then they can at least be tied with them to end the season. I’m hoping the Forest can beat them tomorrow. Been a while since they have been in the EPL and would’ve ecstatic 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, TrueYankee26 said:

Champions League Final:

Liverpool vs Real Madrid (rematch of 2018)

Europa League Final:

Rangers vs Eintracht Frankfurt

Europa Conference League Final:

Feyenoord vs AS Roma

I love these finals.

It's such a win for football to have all these great, traditional big clubs with great fans in there.

• Like 1

I'm a simple person, I have a pixelated David Beckham as profile photo since 2010.

Also loving that all six clubs are from six different leagues. We were 🤏 thiiiiiiiis close to having an all-PL Champions League final and an all-Bundesliga Europa League final.

(Side note: Nine times out of 10, I can't type "Bundesliga" without first typing "Bundles" and then having to go back and delete three letters and try again. The 10th time, I'm concentrating really hard.)

1 hour ago, MJWalker45 said:

Liverpool wins the FA Cup and the quadruple is still alive. Chelsea chose yellow kits today, I guess hoping to change their luck from the League Cup. 

ngl, losing 3 FA Cups in a row kinda sucks

• Like 2

XM4KeeA.png

• 2 weeks later...

It doesn’t ever matter if Real Madrid plays well. It doesn’t matter who plays for them. It doesn’t matter who manages them. They’re like Infinity War-era Thanos. Fate wills them to trophies. It’s unbelievable. 

I refuse to consider a season where Liverpool won 2 trophies as a failure but to say it’s disappointing is an understatement. 

• Like 1

spacer.png

I, for one, am at least happy that Liverpool is at the point where they’re being bantered for not winning a treble as opposed to being bantered for, you know, being garbage like they were for most of the late 2000’s/early 2010’s. 

• Like 1

spacer.png

40 minutes ago, Gary said:

Nottingham Forest are now in the EPL with the win. Hot damn im so happy 

One more Premier League team with more European cups than City. 

• Like 2
  • Applause 1

spacer.png

21 minutes ago, TrueYankee26 said:

Could have been another Hillsborough in the UCL Final.

Their response was similar to the Greater Yorkshire police after the fact,  blaming Liverpool fans for arriving late. but fortunately there weren't any crushes like occurred at Hillsborough, only because the fans were more spread out. The fact that fans from both teams reported having to deal with gangs robbing them before and after the match is reprehensible as well. As many threats that Stade de France has dealt with before, this should have been no problem to get the max amount of stewards available to help move people through and into the stadium. I also don't know why they didn't use more electronic tickets instead of paper. For the Spurs and San Antonio FC here, it's a requirement unless you buy the tickets the day of the game (only at San Antonio FC). The Missions are a mix of both, and even the Commanders were doing this in 2019. Pepper spraying fans that are complaining about the amount of time it's taking to get in is BS as well. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

On 5/29/2022 at 1:50 PM, Gary said:

Nottingham Forest are now in the EPL with the win. Hot damn im so happy 

It's strange, that in the early 90s, English games were so difficult to even get info about, let alone watch on TV, that I found myself liking Nottingham Forest. And then almost immediately relegated and never back in the top flight my entire adult life. Until next season. Now I'll be able to watch a ton of their games easily.