What is with the Seahawks craze?

phillyfan36

WHAT!? SEAHAWKS!? WHY IS EVERYONE PICKING THE SEAHAWKS???

this has been bouncing around in my head for weeks - why? hasselback is not a good pressure QB, and his o-line isnt any good. the defense is overrated, and lost some serious ground at CB. so why is this team bound to make the super bowl in most predictions? THEY ARE NOT GOOD!

let me hear why you think different cause i want to understand

I think people feel Seattle's due for a breakout season primarily because of their division. Don't forget, they play San Fran and Arizona twice each. They still have Shaun Alexander and a decent WR corps. And Hasselbeck isn't as bad as you seem to think he is.

Also, remember that preseason games aren't good indicators of how well a team will play during the season - just look at the 1-3 in preseason Patriots!

But even with that said, Seattle is overrated. I have a feeling that if the Seahags get off to a bad start (1-4, 2-3 maybe) you'll see Mike Holmgren get his walking papers.

[EDIT: Forgot about the Rams. But they're an injury or two from being nonfactors in that division. There's another reason people are jumping on the Seattle bandwagon.]

Sodboy13 said:
As you watch more basketball, you will learn to appreciate the difference between "defense" and "couldn't find the rim with a pair of bloodhounds and a Garmin."

meet the new page, not the same as the old page.

Why not pick the Seahawks? They have a very good group of recievers and save for a few freak dropped passes, they would have advanced past the first round of the playoffs last year. And although they lost Shawn Springs, he had slowly been losing his reputation as one of the better CB's in the league. Plus, give me Trufant any day.

My question is -- Why all the hatred for the 49ers? They have a good young group of recievers, topped off by Brandon Lloyd who has shown flashes of the Superstar he will become. Plus Tim Rattay has been good in the games he's played in the preseason and filled in very nicely for Jeff Garcia last year. I'm not saying they'll be really good, but I don't think they'll be the equivalent of a "bye week" for some of the better teams.

IUe6Hvh.png

Screw the west coast... I want to know why everyone's hating on the Giants!

Oh... it's cause one of our quraterbacks is 12 and the other is 52? And our offensive line couldn't stop a bag of marshmallows from breaking through? And our star running back is probably going to have more fumbles than touchdowns? I suppose it makes sense, then.

sticksstones4.png

The world's foremost practitioners of professional tag-team wrestling.

i think your venting is just coming from an Eagles fan who's nervous about losing 4-STRAIGHT!! :P

matt hasselbeck has proved he has what it takes to be a pro-bowl QB. he almost took his team into the 2nd round of the playoffs last year (this, in his first full year of starting). they have a very good recieving corps, and shaun alexander is one of the more underrated backs in the league.

as for defense, the got Grant Wistrom, who is a beast on the line, as well as two amazing young DB's, Trufant and Hamlin. Plus they got former pro-bowler Bobby Taylor from your good ol' Eagles.

so in my mind, Seattle is not overrated. you WILL be seeing them deep in the playoffs in January/February. Guaranteed.

i'd like to see Josh McCown make me look like a genius (i've been predicting the Cardinals will win the West, although I don't recall exactly WHY) :wacko:

the Seahawks are simply rated, though. oh, now i remember why i'm picking the cardinals: i sometimes forget teh Hawks aren't in the AFC anymore.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

i know the division sucks - but i dont see how they can get anywhere in the playoffs - and Super Bowl??? no way.

i wasnt responding to the preseason - i was responding to seeing the abilities of the players over the past few years

its not just the CBs - everyone i read was saying that they have a good enough defense to make it through - my question is who DO they have thats different - the LBs and DBs arent great, and although the D-line is solid, it doesnt seem liek anything special

hasselback wasnt the one who lead them there - it was alexander and the recievers - i believe that hasselback has been blessed with recievers throughout his career - and yet one playoff appearance

In honor of David Letterman, here's my top 10 reasons why Seattle will get to the Super Bowl.

10) Best RB in the NFC

9) St. Louis is overrated

8) Arizona looks like a high school team & plays like one

7) San Fran has nobody on offense

6) The city of Seattle is due for a championship

5) Statistically, they have the best QB in the NFC (3,841 yards, 26 TD's)

4) Coolest uniform in the NFC West (yes, better than SF and STL)

3) A 1-2 WR tandem of Robinson and Jackson that combined for 2,033 yards and 13 TDs

2) Did I mention Shaun Alexander?

And the number one reason why Seattle will be in JAX in February...

BECAUSE I SAID SO

Spurs2017_HomeSignature.png.d781df3b4d5c0e482d74d6a47c072475.pngDortmund2017_HomeSignature.png.277fd43b7b71e5d54e4c655f30c9a1e6.png

first of all, cut out 32 strips of paper, put nfl team names on them. then get 2 hats, put all the nfc teams in one hat, then put all the afc teams in another. now reach in and pick one from the afc hat and the nfc hat. then ask the Magic 8-ball if the picks are legit picks for the super bowl. if the 8-ball says, "all signs points to yes" then you have picked your teams for the super bowl. :grin:

well in todays NFL of bad teams, where the 0-16 cardinals can be legit super bowl contenders the next season, thats about as reliable in making picks. :P

Magus.png

General Magus Zeal

Leader of the Mystics of Medina.

The forums most hated member ever.

In honor of David Letterman, here's my top 10 reasons why Seattle will get to the Super Bowl.

10) Best RB in the NFC

3) A 1-2 WR tandem of Robinson and Jackson that combined for 2,033 yards and 13 TDs

BECAUSE I SAID SO

I must ask for clarification on this one -- 49ers have nobody on offense? They still have Kevan Barlow, the better half of that RB by committee they had last season, having averaged 5.1 YPC last year, and let's not forget that there was a time on which every offensive lineman had atleast one sprained ankle, last year. They're no worse on offense than they were with Owens and Garcia. Tim Rattay, in the little time he played, outplayed Jeff Garcia. 7 TD's, 2 INT's, and 800+ yards, and a 96.6 QB Rating in his 3 starts, last season. Their O-Line is probably the same off as the O-Line that played last year due to injuries. Not to mention, they still have Fred Beasley who is one of the better FB's in the game, as proven by him being an All-Pro a few years back, not sure if he got the honor last year. And to their WR's -- They're a little inexperienced, but as I said, Brandon Lloyd showed flashes of being a superstar last season.

lloyd3.giflloyd2.gif

He's gonna be a pimp. And as unlikely as it may look, the picture against the Seahawks WAS a catch.

IUe6Hvh.png

10) Best RB in the NFC

BECAUSE I SAID SO

my retorts:

10) who theyve had for 3 years and still havent gotten anywhere with

9) everyone knows that theyre not as good - so, no, theyre not, plus that makes no difference in the playoffs

8) makes no difference in the playoffs

7) see above

6) chicago and philly are both more due than seattle

5) CAUSE OF THE RECIEVERS and they still havent gotten anywhere

4) the eagles have the coolest uniforms in the NFC, not just the west :P

3) 2, 033 yards, 13 TDs, and no playoff victories (choke artists)

2) duh

1) which makes a difference ... How?

so there you have it - any more retorts and ill make a 10 list for philly!

I think the Seahawk craze is because they had a decent first season with Holmgren as just head coach. Hasselbeck stepped up and had an excellent year. Alexander has scored 50 TD in three seasons, plus a great WR core. Also, give them credit for taking the Packers to OT in the Wild Card game last year, where only the 2002 Falcons have won a playoff game at the Frozen Tundra. Also, its a weak division, where even the Rams look vulnerable.

As for the 49ers...eh! As much as ICS will kill me for being down on my team, you got to face the truth.

Inexperienced QB in Tim Rattay who is not 100% from his groin injury at mini camp and wrist problem in preseason.

When you let go of two Pro Bowlers without even trying to get something DECENT in return, that says a lot about the front office.

Speaking of front office, the owner has no clue if Right Guard is in reference to his O-line or the deodorant.

The O-line did not play together except for the first few plays on Opening Day last year, including Kwame Harris, who was booed for holding on one drive vs. San Diego three time, in which all three times caused touchdowns to be called back.

Brandon Lloyd is a sleeper for you fantasy folks. That catch is considered one of the best in 49ers REGULAR season history.

The team is also $29 million in dead cap money (players being paid who are no longer with the team), which was originally said by the team that they were out of back in 2001, but now says they NEVER got out of.

Plus while I like Candlestick, it is an insult that a team with the success of the 49ers play in a dump.

NFC West Predictions

Seahawks 12-4

Rams 10-6

Cardinals 5-11

49ers 2-14

2004 San Jose Sharks 7th Man Fan of the Year

San Jose Gold Miners - 4x Lombardi Cup Champions

My question is: Why root for anyone else in the Wild Wild West?

St. Louis sucks out loud. *gets bullhorn* YES YOU IDIOTS, SAINT LOUIS SUCKS.

San Francisco: YAWN.

and Arizona: Arizona can win the NFC West.....When I die.

MouthoftheSouth.jpg

I don't speak for democrats, democrats don't speak for me.

this has been bouncing around in my head for weeks - why? hasselback is not a good pressure QB, and his o-line isnt any good. the defense is overrated, and lost some serious ground at CB. so why is this team bound to make the super bowl in most predictions? THEY ARE NOT GOOD!

Okay come on Hasselback had a killer year and it showed by getting the Pro Bowl nod. He is a great quarterback who people must overlook as great. He is one of the most consistent good quarterbacks in the league. And offensive line no good? Have you not heard of Steve Hutchinson or Walter Jones? That is the best left side of the line in the NFL, hands down. Shaun Alexander isn't the best running back in the league, no doubt about that, but he is definately top 5 in the NFL ranks as runningbacks go. If a guy can get 5 touchdowns in a half and has doubters than something is wrong. The WR corp of Koren Robinson, Darrell Jackson, and Bobby Engram is one of the top 5 trio of wide receivers in the league. DJ may have had a few drops last year but that only means he worked harder in the offseason to stop that. And thats just the offense.

On defense we have a great core of players. Bringing in Marcus Tubbs and Grant Wistrom boosts our offensive line, even if Marcus ends up coming off the bench. Trufant proved to be a great corner last year and should continue that trend late into his career. Springs was gone most of last season and we did fine without him so I dont know why that matters.

All in all, Seahawks will win the Super Bowl.

You forced me:

Top 10 Reasons Why The Eagles Will Win and The Seahawks Won't

10) Andy Reid can handle T.O.

9) The Best Safety Tandem in the game: Dawkins and Lewis

8) Solid Offensive Line of Thomas, Mayberry, Fraley, Andrews, and Runyan

7) A Boosted Pass Rush from Jevon Kearse which will take pressure off Sheppard and Brown

6) A Great No. 3 Slot Reciever in "FredEx" Freddie Mitchell

5) The Special Teams: K David Akers, KR JR Reed, PR Brian Westbrook, and Wedge Buster Ike Reese

4) Plenty of Cap Room if somebody goes down

3) Donovan's Legs

2) Brian Westbrook

1) Having a No. 1 Reciever that is a No. 1 Reciever

Anyone Argue With Any Of Those Points???

Screw the west coast... I want to know why everyone's hating on the Giants!

Oh... it's cause one of our quraterbacks is 12 and the other is 52? And our offensive line couldn't stop a bag of marshmallows from breaking through? And our star running back is probably going to have more fumbles than touchdowns? I suppose it makes sense, then.

That's the funniest thing I've heard in a LONG time. Poor Giants.

Don't worry though, Eli will EVENTUALLY be good enough to help the team.

Oh for goodness sakes this is getting crazy.

The Seahawks ARE legit playoff contenders. They showed that last year, and as long as their defence is improved, they may just prove these naysayers wrong.

Next off, Philly is most definitely not gonna walk off with the NFC. Owens is a great playmaker, but there are still questions about the running game and McNabb's consistency. They are a very good team though nevertheless and should make it to another NFC Championship game.

The problem is... it only takes one event to change the teams destiny in a season. Vick and Pennington's injuries in the preseason last year single-handedly ruined their team's seasons. Ricky Williams' retirement left the Dolphins rebuilding. Quincy Carter's drug issue left Dallas with an aging & fragile QB at the helm. Combine that with Astroturf & you'll be seeing Vinny on the sidelines in no time.

Plus, I can't really imagine anyone predicting the Panthers to win the NFC last year, so what makes you think that pre-season favourites will win it all? Most often they don't.

ccslcbanner_zps5eda8538.jpg

The problem is... it only takes one event to change the teams destiny in a season. Vick and Pennington's injuries in the preseason last year single-handedly ruined their team's seasons. Ricky Williams' retirement left the Dolphins rebuilding. Quincy Carter's drug issue left Dallas with an aging & fragile QB at the helm. Combine that with Astroturf & you'll be seeing Vinny on the sidelines in no time.

Plus, I can't really imagine anyone predicting the Panthers to win the NFC last year, so what makes you think that pre-season favourites will win it all? Most often they don't.

Word. Nobody knows nuthin.

10) Andy Reid can handle T.O.

9) The Best Safety Tandem in the game: Dawkins and Lewis

8) Solid Offensive Line of Thomas, Mayberry, Fraley, Andrews, and Runyan

7) A Boosted Pass Rush from Jevon Kearse which will take pressure off Sheppard and Brown

6) A Great No. 3 Slot Reciever in "FredEx" Freddie Mitchell

5) The Special Teams: K David Akers, KR JR Reed, PR Brian Westbrook, and Wedge Buster Ike Reese

4) Plenty of Cap Room if somebody goes down

3) Donovan's Legs

2) Brian Westbrook

1) Having a No. 1 Reciever that is a No. 1 Reciever

Anyone Argue With Any Of Those Points???

10 - Remains to be seen.

9 - granted, but will their corners develop?

8 - True

7 - Ideally....Kearse has gone from the Freak to an injury riddled question mark.

6 - Come on.......that's a r---------------------each. Mitchell couldn't bench Pinkston

5 - very solid

4 - very true

3 - true, but hasn't gotten them anywhere yet

2 - He's good, but I'd wager they didn't WANT to start the season with just him.

1 - well......that's the question right? What they've been missing. We'll see.

I wouldn't bet big money against it. But nobody knows. The NFC is a LOT more wide open than anyone gives credit for. New Orleans, Seattle, Minny, hell........pretty much anybody but AZ and SF has a shot.

The Official Cheese-Filled Snack of NASCAR

Archived