NFL 2022 Changes

simtek34

3 hours ago, Sec19Row53 said:

No, I meant tOSU. They will ALSO wear an all black uniform this year. Black is not a color found in the color scheme of either tOSU or the New Your Jets. If you are the Scarlet and Grey, or Big Green, how about you wear those colors?

Black is a tertiary color at Ohio State and has been for years. Those black sleeve numbers are why people seem to have  a thing for their 1968 jerseys. Winning a national championship probably helped too. They have black trim on the sleeves as far back as the 1940's as well. But you are correct that most people don't think of black when the fight song calls out scarlet and grey. 

Screen_Shot_2020_05_01_at_3.05.56_PM.png

1942 (away uniform and 2010 throwbacks)

20516809_standard.jpg

And according to the school, black is an official color. 

https://teamcolorcodes.com/ohio-state-buckeyes-color-codes/

• Like 7

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

21 minutes ago, VDizzle12 said:

Great: Patriots, Cowboys, Texans, Panthers, Falcons, Giants

What's go great about the Giants helmet? Aside from it being attached to 2 Super Bowl wins.. It's a navy blue helmet paired with a royal blue uniform. It also features one of the most generic, mailed-in logos of all time, 'GIANTS'. Iirc that logo was basically thrown together after the Giants moved to the Meadowlands, replacing 'ny', because they wanted to include the New Jersey market.

• Like 3

6uXNWAo.png

38 minutes ago, oldschoolvikings said:

Because the NFL’s alt helmet “rules” didn’t even make it to the start of the season. Hilarious. 

Its still in the rules, if not an already identified loophole. When they wear the white socks with the white jerseys and pants, it becomes the "color rush" uniform, which is fair game.

1 hour ago, Kiltman said:

They reportedly are getting the whole look tweaked/changed in 2024, so that decision next year will impact that too. 

Hold up.

superman.jpg

• LOL 5

Important note: Lurie and the Eagles are petitioning to keep both.

If they are only allowed one Alt helmet they’ll go Kelly next year yes… but their aim is to have all 3.

They reportedly are getting the whole look tweaked/changed in 2024, so that decision next year will impact that too. 

do you have sources for any of this? They absolutely petitioned for multiple helmets so that they could do Kelly green throwbacks, but is there anything that states that they’re trying to have three helmets and doing a redesign for ‘24?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

5 minutes ago, Bathysphere said:

Hold up.

superman.jpg

Might be 2025, but that’s the report from some of the beat writers around the time of the new Wordmark dropping. Could be a tweak or more,  no clue. Inference was that was step 1z

Was kinda hard to disseminate speculation from sourced info. 

I am glad the Eagles black helmets are sparkly, I guess? They remind me of blacktop. But it continues to show how dark the current green is because they don’t feel much different. I wished they embraced silver/charcoal or whatever they call it instead of black. 

• Like 4

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Dr. Kelso: My son is a big baseball fan. Not so much playing it, but more the designing and sewing of uniforms.

Tyler: That's neat.

Dr. Kelso: No, it's not.

Just now, Kiltman said:

Might be 2025, but that’s the report from some of the beat writers around the time of the new Wordmark dropping. Could be a tweak or more,  no clue. Inference was that was step 1z

Was kinda hard to disseminate speculation from sourced info. 

the word was it might take till ‘24 to get the new wordmark on the jersey since it might count towards the “2-year lead time” thing. I don’t recall reading anything hinting at any kind of redesign. 

Just now, BBTV said:

do you have sources for any of this? They absolutely petitioned for multiple helmets so that they could do Kelly green throwbacks, but is there anything that states that they’re trying to have three helmets and doing a redesign for ‘24?

Straight from Lurie’s mouth on the first one

Says it could be a one year thing but want to keep them.
https://youtu.be/mL75AfksGyw=345

The later was moreso inference from beat writers saying Wordmark was step one and changes would occur in 2024. It could just be logo tweaks, but seemed like maybe a little more. I’ll try to find some of those. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, BBTV said:

the word was it might take till ‘24 to get the new wordmark on the jersey since it might count towards the “2-year lead time” thing. I don’t recall reading anything hinting at any kind of redesign. 

Yeah it could just be that. There was some talk that there could be more, even just a main logo tweak to be more in line with the new Wordmark.

My bad I remember some of them talking about it but might’ve just been misinterpreted by the community. 

10 minutes ago, Cujo said:

What's go great about the Giants helmet? Aside from it being attached to 2 Super Bowl wins.. It's a navy blue helmet paired with a royal blue uniform. It also features one of the most generic, mailed-in logos of all time, 'GIANTS'. Iirc that logo was basically thrown together after the Giants moved to the Meadowlands, replacing 'ny', because they wanted to include the New Jersey market.

It's great because it matches the throwback uniforms being worn. Which I feel like is an improvement over their typical blue and white jerseys. It's not just a random color swap or unnecessary black/white alternate. Maybe I should have clarified that my use of the term "great" was in regards to the use of the alternate helmet rule and not based on great design?

• Like 1

More shots

shjtVM7.jpgSDgjdOz.jpg
419ckfG.jpg

W1nKPJP.jpg

This has 1991 2L2Q/Jerry Glanville impulse written all over it.

(And ain't nann ounce of midnight green to be seen...just like those '91 Falcons lids had no red.)

• Like 3

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

5 minutes ago, NFLfan10 said:

It's here and it looks exactly how everyone expected it would look. Cincinnati Zebras.

This reminded me that Grandview High School in Texas is named the Zebras and uses that exact same helmet

5f2e3a051109d.image.jpg?crop=989,989,300

I have a hard time getting excited about a helmet that looks exactly like it would if you look at a black-and-white picture of the current helmet. It doesn't stretch the imagination enough to be interesting. 

You could say the same about throwbacks, but at least those designs tend to mean something to people. You don't have to think too hard to imagine what every team would look like if they were just a different color. 

1 hour ago, Sport said:

According to President Creamer the helmets are going to be worn with their regular white jerseys. 

Good decision.

The Bengals have a great white jersey look. No need to add a fourth jersey.

Ideally, I would go:

Home: black jersey, white pants w/orange stripes, orange socks

Road (outdoors): white jersey, black pants, white socks

Road (indoors): white jersey, white pants w/black stripes, black socks

Cleveland matchup: white helmet, white jersey, white pants w/black stripes, white socks

Halloween: orange jersey, black pants, orange socks

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, tBBP said:

This has 1991 2L2Q/Jerry Glanville impulse written all over it.

(And ain't nann ounce of midnight green to be seen...just like those '91 Falcons lids had no red.)

Teeeeechnically, their middle pant stripe and number outline were red.     You were talking about their lids.  Disregard.

This definitely makes more sense now. I always interpreted it as the helmet could only be worn with an alternate uniform, but now they say whenever it's worn that counts as an alternate uniform. So you get 3 alternates a season where either helmet or jerseys count toward that number. 

• Like 8