infrared41's Who am I? Super Bowl Trivia for the Old School Crowd - Super Bowl LVI Edition

infrared41

Round III

I. I played in just one Super Bowl and I made a lot of  valuable contributions from start to finish.

II. Some would argue that the Super Bowl I played in was the most exciting one ever. I helped a great deal with that.

III. infrared41 and I have something in common.

IV. In a roundabout way, I am sort of responsible for Antonio Brown being drafted by the Steelers. You're welcome.

V. I lost in an AFC Championship to the team I'd previously won a Super Bowl with.

Who am I?

BB52Big.jpg

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Cujo said:

Santonio Holmes. Final Answer.

Cujo is in the game with Santonio Holmes.

I. I played in just one Super Bowl and I made a lot of  valuable contributions from start to finish.

Caught the TD pass at the end to win Super Bowl XLIII for the Steelers. Was Super Bowl MVP.

II. Some would argue that the Super Bowl I played in was the most exciting one ever. I helped a great deal with that.

Super Bowl XLIII was a pretty exciting game.

III. infrared41 and I have something in common.

We both went to Ohio State.

IV. In a roundabout way, I am sort of responsible for Antonio Brown being drafted by the Steelers. You're welcome.

The Steelers traded Holmes to the Jets for a 5th round pick, they traded that 5th round pick the Cardinals for a 6th round pick, and then used the 6th round pick from Arizona to select Antonio Brown.

V. I lost in an AFC Championship to the team I'd previously won a Super Bowl with.

Holmes and the Jets lost to the Steelers in the 2010 AFC Championship Game.

063a8afec080bdbe314ba48233f16678.jpg

BB52Big.jpg

Round IV

I. I played in two Super Bowls with two different teams - both from the same division.

II. I lost a Super Bowl to one dynasty and won a Super Bowl with another.

III. My son was ESPN's top rated High School player at his position in 2007. He went on to play college football in the same city I played part of my career in.

IV. I have something in common with one of the members of Aerosmith.

Who am I?

BB52Big.jpg

5 hours ago, pepis21 said:

Wendell Tyler

Pepis21 gets on the board with Wendell Tyler.

I. I played in two Super Bowls with two different teams - both from the same division.

Super Bowl XIV with the Rams and Super Bowl XIX with the 49ers - both NFC West teams

II. I lost a Super Bowl to one dynasty and won a Super Bowl with another.

Lost to the 70's Steelers, won with the 80's 49ers.

III. My son was ESPN's top rated High School player at his position in 2007. He went on to play college football in the same city I played part of my career in.

Marc Tyler was ESPN's top rated High School RB in 2007. He went on to play at USC.

IV. I have something in common with one of the members of Aerosmith.

Steven Tyler.

3233-815916RepFr.jpg3239-158Fr.jpg

BB52Big.jpg

Round V

I. I played in one Super Bowl. It was in my rookie season. We won and kept our opponent from adding another Lombardi Trophy to their trophy case.

II. I started my rookie season on IR, but ended up breaking my team's single game record in this category.

III. In college I set a career record in this stat for my hometown college team. I was also the first player from my team to hit this milestone at the FBS level.

IV If you don't look closely, the name of my college team could easily be mistaken for the name of this NFL team that plays nearby.

V. In college, we occasionally played on this weeknight.

VI. I'm a bit of a rarity these days. I played my entire NFL career for the same team. So has one of my far more famous teammates, but that may end after this season.

Who am I?

BB52Big.jpg

6 hours ago, jmoe12 said:

James Starks?

James Starks is correct and jmoe12 is in on the board.

I. I played in one Super Bowl. It was in my rookie season. We won and kept our opponent from adding another Lombardi Trophy to their trophy case.

Starks and the Packers defeated the Steelers in Super Bowl XLV.

II. I started my rookie season on IR, but ended up breaking my team's single game record in this category.

Starks didn't play in a game until December 5th that season. In the wildcard round of the playoffs, he set the Packers rookie record for yards rushing in a playoff game.

III. In college I set a career record in this stat for my hometown college team. I was also the first player from my team to hit this milestone at the FBS level.

His 3140 career rushing yards were a University of Buffalo record at the time. He was also the first player to rush for 1000 yards after Buffalo's move to the FBS level.

IV If you don't look closely, the name of my college team could easily be mistaken for the name of this NFL team that plays nearby.

Buffalo Bulls - Buffalo Bills

V. In college, we occasionally played on this weeknight.

Tuesday Night MACtion, baby! Go Rockets.

VI. I'm a bit of a rarity these days. I played my entire NFL career for the same team. So has one of my far more famous teammates, but that may end after this season.

After a visit with the Patriots in 2016, Starks signed a 2 year deal to stay in Green Bay where he ended up playing his entire career. The more famous teammate is Aaron Rodgers.

63314-4483186Fr.jpg95556-9912017Fr.jpg

BB52Big.jpg

Round VI

I. I played in one Super Bowl. We won.

II. I played a key role in one of the most incredible finishes to a playoff game in NFL history. If I don't do what I did, the rest never happens.

III. I was a college teammate and backup to someone who played in one of the most famous Super Bowls ever.

IV. I am one of just three players from this "other side" who started in a Super Bowl. Two of us are in the Hall of Fame.

V. I was involved in two pretty famous "supernatural" plays - one of which led to a rule change.

Who am I?

BB52Big.jpg

Archived