2022 Lacrosse

MJWalker45

44 minutes ago, JayMac said:

I am a lacrosse fan who will admit that he doesn't watch enough college lacrosse. Who is most likely to spoil the Terps' party?

Georgetown, Rutgers, or Ohio State.

• Like 1

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

2 hours ago, JayMac said:

I am a lacrosse fan who will admit that he doesn't watch enough college lacrosse. Who is most likely to spoil the Terps' party?

I don't know if Maryland can be stopped this year. Sure, they've somehow found ways to lose on Memorial Day plenty of times in Tillman's tenure, but they're simply the only great team in a year there isn't even a really good team, outside of Georgetown and February-mid April Princeton. They just do everything well in every area without any weakness and they've got way more depth than any of the other contenders. I suppose Virginia could give them a better game than they did in March if they play in the quarterfinals, but that's a huge if given their injuries and not looking anywhere close to the team we expected them to be since that Maryland loss. A semifinal against Yale or Princeton might be close, and a title game with Georgetown I think could have been more of a toss-up had it not been on two days rest as the Hoyas really only roll their 9 starters all game

• Like 2

ffMc5dZ.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29

Maryland might be the top seed, but the Ivy League has the teams that could cause problems for them.

Hell, Princeton got the 5th seed and were the odd man out last weekend for the conference tournament. That's how good the Ivy League is this season.

Don't be shocked if two or three Ivy teams are in the Final Four here.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, 4_tattoos said:

Delaware vs Georgetown was a good one.

I did not see that coming, especially once Georgetown took a late lead.

Delaware's behind-the-back-on-the-dead-run goal was a thing of beauty.

• Like 1

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

You know what I find weird? The sites for the D1 quarterfinals are Shuart Stadium at Hofstra and Ohio Stadium at Ohio State.

One of these things is not like the other.

Did Ohio State really just want to host the quarterfinal games or something? Wouldn't Historic Crew Stadium have been a much more sensible site? One stadium seats under 12K, while the other seats over 100K. I just don't understand how or why this came to be.

Hotter Than July > Thriller

9 hours ago, 4_tattoos said:

You know what I find weird? The sites for the D1 quarterfinals are Shuart Stadium at Hofstra and Ohio Stadium at Ohio State.

One of these things is not like the other.

Did Ohio State really just want to host the quarterfinal games or something? Wouldn't Historic Crew Stadium have been a much more sensible site? One stadium seats under 12K, while the other seats over 100K. I just don't understand how or why this came to be.

Crew 2 are using Crew Stadium so that may be why they aren't there. Ohio State has their own lacrosse stadium too, but I guess they're expecting big numbers from Maryland or Ivy League fans? Ohio State plays several games there a year, and have done double headers with the spring game as well.

• Like 1

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

I swear (without looking it up) the PLL and NLL basically made a truce not even a year ago.

• Like 2

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

8 hours ago, Jer15 said:

I swear (without looking it up) the PLL and NLL basically made a truce not even a year ago.

Wasn't Boston Cannons joining the NLL?

Logano wins BOWL before Chargers.

3 hours ago, tigers said:

No. When the PLL absorbed MLL the Cannons identity was the only one to crossover. The Cannons Lacrosse Club became the PLL's 8th team. FWIW Rabil mentioned the PLL's long term goal is to eventually go to a traditional city based model. You'd have to image the Cannons wouldn't be allowed to go anyplace but the Boston area whenever that day comes.

Cannons Lacrosse Club - Wikipedia

• Like 2

2 hours ago, tigers said:

Nope.

Boston Cannons joined PLL.... and I'm just seeing @4_tattoos said that too.

Either way the Cannons weren't going to NLL they were always field lacrosse.

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

15 hours ago, 4_tattoos said:

FWIW Rabil mentioned the PLL's long term goal is to eventually go to a traditional city based model. You'd have to image the Cannons wouldn't be allowed to go anyplace but the Boston area whenever that day comes.

I hope it's next season. I also wonder if they plan to just keep the league on the East Coast or if they'll split it between East and West. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

1 hour ago, MJWalker45 said:

I also wonder if they plan to just keep the league on the East Coast or if they'll split it between East and West. 

That's THE main reason PLL has a tour based schedule instead of the traditional city based model. The PLL is actively trying to expand high level lacrosse beyond the east coast. There's many locations out west, down south and the midwest the PLL hasn't even taken the tour yet. If I had to guess, the PLL will run under the touring model for at least a decade before the switch to a city based model.

Gotta give people outside the east coast (and Denver) a reason to care. Randomly sticking teams in other parts of the country without building interest would lead to quick failure. Look up all the MLL teams placed outside the east coast and how quickly those teams shut down compared to their northeast based counterparts. 

And after Sunday, next weekend will be the Big Ten/Ivy League Challenge.

• Like 1

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃