2022 NFL regular season through Super Bowl LVII

1 hour ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

There is a world where Buffalo should have just forfeited and made this easy for everyone.

This comment opened my eyes. Valid point.

Coach Taylor the Cincinnati Bengals franchise were beyond awesome with allowing Buffalo to dictate whether they wanted to go back onto the field that night or not. They didn't force Buffalo to continue the game. Despite if being a home game. Despite leading the game. Despite the huge AFC seeding on the line.

On the other hand, the Bills very well could've conceded the contest to since 1) they were losing when the game was stopped and 2) Cincinnati (the franchise, fans and city) were great in how everything was handled that night. Tack on Buffalo having a player almost lose his life on the field and the "it's only a game" narrative, seems borderline selfish Buffalo wouldn't to ask the league to hand Cincy the W.

So by not forfeiting the game, while witnessing a one of their own nearly lose his life, Buffalo kinda made it clear the easiest path to the Super Bowl also pretty damn important.

• Like 1

6uXNWAo.png

18 minutes ago, Sport said:

Their schedule has been so easy! Nobody is talking about this. I have a sneaky feeling the Chiefs are going to lose their divisional round game. 

I get annoyed by all of the Mahomes for MVP talk, since the Chiefs have lost their two biggest games of the year and their conference schedules included a down AFC West, a terrible AFC South, and a down NFC West. And their bonus game was against the Buccaneers, who stink.

I get you can only play the schedule in front of you, but theirs was bad and they squeaked out a lot of those games.

4 minutes ago, infrared41 said:

You and I must have been reading stuff from different pundits because I recall a lot of them saying the Chiefs weren't even a lock to win the AFC West this season.

That was more about Tyreek Hill and Russell Wilson, and no one expected the latter to fall of a cliff the way he did. (No one except the Seahawks org, that is).

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

9 minutes ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

That was more about Tyreek Hill and Russell Wilson, and no one expected the latter to fall of a cliff the way he did. (No one except the Seahawks org, that is).

Obviously. There was also a lot of talk about the Chargers being the team to beat in that division too. There were even people who thought the Raiders would win the AFC West. No one was saying the Chiefs would be bad, but I don't recall anyone calling them "invincible" or inevitable at the beginning of this season either. 

• Like 1

BB52Big.jpg

2 minutes ago, oldschoolvikings said:

You don’t say!  

I think we all got that a while ago.  

🤷 We all have our gimmicks; tell me how you feel about the Seahawks uniforms.

1 minute ago, Red Comet said:

My apologies that my team is benefiting from a situation that no one actually wants to benefit from. 

Let's come back to this in February if the Chiefs win the Super Bowl.

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

2 hours ago, Sport said:

That's incorrect.  If the Bengals had lost to the Bills the Bengals would've been 11-5 and the Ravens would be 10-6 going into tomorrow so any Bengals win over the Ravens would've made them 12-5, the Ravens 10-7, which automatically clinches the division for the Bengals without needing tiebreakers. 

My point here was that if the Bengals had lost to the Bills and were 11-5, Baltimore would have won the division with a win tomorrow since both would be 11-6 and Baltimore would have won both games.

With a draw or tie, Baltimore would have been robbed of an opportunity to win the division over a team they beat twice (in this scenario.)

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

1 hour ago, Red Comet said:

My apologies that my team is benefiting from a situation that no one actually wants to benefit from

That's a lie.  Everyone wants their team to benefit from any situation, whether fair or not.  Everyone cares about the wellbeing of the player, but nobody would have complained if the scales tipped in their favor.  I don't blame any fan for that, but at the same time, it's reasonable for literally everyone else in the world to be bitter that the Chiefs are getting an unfair advantage that they didn't earn on the field.

While this is obviously a more serious situation than when teams were spreading Covid, everyone thought that the teams with Covid should just forfeit rather than moving games - if it benefitted their team.  Everyone thought the games should be moved to Wednesday... also, if it benefitted their team.

• Like 2

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

3 hours ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

There is a world where Buffalo should have just forfeited and made this easy for everyone. They actually controlled that particular destiny and are forcing 31 other owners to come up with a new plan.

That would have been the worst possible thing, because football fans being football fans, some people might have actually held it against Hamlin that the Bills didn't get the #1 seed.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Red Comet said:

Fair enough. This may wind up being much ado about nothing by Monday for all we know. 

I'm just getting wound up about narratives that haven't even happened yet.

If KC wins another title, the story of the 2022 season is Mahomes wins again, the best QB of his generation. The Hamlin stuff and its impact on the Bills' season, and their potential to have hosted an AFC CG, just gets lost. We remember the winners; we don't really remember confounding factors about the winners.

For example, when I talk about the 2017 NBA Finals, do you think about how Zaza took out Kawhi in game 1 of the WCF while the Spurs were up 20? Or do you think about how KD and the 73-win superstars trucked the Cavs?

• Like 1

Speaking of Mahomes, I think last week's Eagles game showed us that Jalen Hurts has a claim to the MVP, for which he was the Vegas favorite before getting injured.  Maybe if he plays tomorrow (I think he's doubtful?) he can get back into that convo.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, BBTV said:

Speaking of Mahomes, I think last week's Eagles game showed us that Jalen Hurts has a claim to the MVP, for which he was the Vegas favorite before getting injured.  Maybe if he plays tomorrow (I think he's doubtful?) he can get back into that convo.

14-1 as a starter in a division that's going to send three teams to the playoffs seems like the MVP to me.

• Like 5

42 minutes ago, BBTV said:

That's a lie.  Everyone wants their team to benefit from any situation, whether fair or not.  Everyone cares about the wellbeing of the player, but nobody would have complained if the scales tipped in their favor.  I don't blame any fan for that, but at the same time, it's reasonable for literally everyone else in the world to be bitter that the Chiefs are getting an unfair advantage that they didn't earn on the field.

While this is obviously a more serious situation than when teams were spreading Covid, everyone thought that the teams with Covid should just forfeit rather than moving games - if it benefitted their team.  Everyone thought the games should be moved to Wednesday... also, if it benefitted their team.

Yeah, I want the first-round bye. I didn’t want it because a guy’s heart stopped. My dislike of the means is a lot more than how much I may like the end. It’s going to taint it if it comes to that. 

6 minutes ago, Red Comet said:

Yeah, I want the first-round bye. I didn’t want it because a guy’s heart stopped. 

Of course not.  I wouldn't, and I'd like to think that not even the football fanniest of football fans would want it that way. 

The Chiefs aren't getting a bye because a guy's heart stopped.  They're getting it as a result of the league's decision regarding a suspended / cancelled game.  I think it's OK to separate the reason that a decision was needed (a "guy's heart stopped") from the result of the decision and be grateful and move on.  Doesn't make you or any other chiefs fan a bad person.*

*now if someone at Arrowhead (likely dressed in a full headdress and wearing a Tyreke Hill jersey) were to have a sign that read "Thanks Hamlin!!!" then I'd say that person is the absolute worst of the worst of the worst, and maybe even worse than that.  But I doubt that even the headdress crowd would stoop that low.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Ridleylash said:

What the hell did he expect would happen?  Vegas only exists as a place for people to visit from out of town.

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • WOAH 2

Eagles coach busting some reporters balls about the size of his cell phone: