2022 NFL regular season through Super Bowl LVII

3 minutes ago, Germanshepherd said:

So happy for the Jags. Removing Urban did WONDERS for that team. 

Trevor Lawrence made significant strides this season and there's a really good chance he's the most experienced QB in that division next year, because I don't think Tannehill comes back.  Texans and Colts will take a QB and Titans go with.....Malik Willis?

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

Today we all love the Jaguars. Good for them.

I sort of want to see the Jags win the Super Bowl this year for the sole purpose of Triple H having to award a replica WWE Title to an NFL team owned by his rival Tony Khan.  

The only conference championship combination I do not want is Bucs vs. Packers.   That would be the most boring combination possible on either side.  As I said earlier, on the NFC side, any two of Daniel Jones, Kirk Cousins, Dak Prescott, Jalen Hurts, Brock Purdy in the NFC Championship game is something I want to see.  I was happy we didn't get Rodgers vs. Brady in the NFC Championship last season and it was Jimmy G vs. Matthew Stafford.  

Doug Pederson certainly isn't a genius mastermind, but he's a good guy and I'm happy for him.  Good for him and the Jags.

Trevor Lawrence is not a franchise QB and if a true franchise QB is available in the draft, they shouldn't be too proud to grab him and move on.  Trevor Lawrence will never be the reason a team makes it to the conference championship game, let alone a super bowl.  He's simply not better than above average at the NFL level.

3R7IXQQI5FC2HKTZU3NXUDLLFY.jpg

• WOAH 1
  • Huh? 2

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Yeah, I wasn't too impressed with Lawrence tonight. Must-win game and he was, I dunno, not bad. Jags won because they were lucky not to get Tuck Ruled on the defensive touchdown; run that scenario against Pittsburgh or New England and maybe it doesn't go their way.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

3 minutes ago, the admiral said:

Yeah, I wasn't too impressed with Lawrence tonight. 

I've watched a handful of his games, and while I never watched him play in college, I'm not sure what they saw in him (other than his build) that made them think he would be a standout NFL QB worthy of the #1 overall pick.  He simply doesn't have the talent necessary to achieve anything in the NFL.

• Huh? 3

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

4 minutes ago, the admiral said:

Yeah, I wasn't too impressed with Lawrence tonight. Must-win game and he was, I dunno, not bad. Jags won because they were lucky not to get Tuck Ruled on the defensive touchdown; run that scenario against Pittsburgh or New England and maybe it doesn't go their way.

Maybe?

• Like 3

BB52Big.jpg

Just now, BBTV said:

I've watched a handful of his games, and while I never watched him play in college, I'm not sure what they saw in him (other than his build) that made them think he would be a standout NFL QB worthy of the #1 overall pick.  He simply doesn't have the talent necessary to achieve anything in the NFL.

Any chance we're being a little rough on a second year guy who's playing in what is essentially his first NFL season with a real NFL coaching staff?

• Like 4
  • Applause 1

BB52Big.jpg

8 minutes ago, infrared41 said:

Any chance we're being a little rough on a second year guy who's playing in what is essentially his first NFL season with a real NFL coaching staff?

Of course there's a chance.  I've been wrong before and I'll not mind being wrong again, but regardless of his coaching, I just don't see "it" with him.  I think for the most part, "it" is independent of any outside factors.  I'm not talking about being just a starting NFL QB, I'm talking about him becoming a true franchise QB that was worth taking #1 overall and (presumably) getting paid in the $30-$40M range.  You kill your franchise (see Raiders) by paying QBs like they're franchise QBs when they're really 10-win QBs.  Right now I see him as a guy you can win with, but not a guy you you because of.  That's a huge difference.

EDIT:

Also, it's not lost on me that Doug Pederson was brought in to "reset" after the Chip Kelly debacle (though to be fair, Kelly had two 10-win seasons) and then brought in to "reset" after the Urban Meyer debacle.  It's like he's the guy you want to fix things after you hire a weird college bully coach.

1 hour ago, GDAWG said:

So when does Todd Downing get fired?

Should've been fired ten or eleven weeks ago. Now after this all-time monumental collapse, Vrabel will have zero excuse...

53 minutes ago, GDAWG said:

Trevor Lawrence made significant strides this season and there's a really good chance he's the most experienced QB in that division next year, because I don't think Tannehill comes back.  Texans and Colts will take a QB and Titans go with.....Malik Willis?

Yeah, about that. I have a funny feeling Tennessee is gonna look really hard at axing Tannehill, even if only as a business move (I think they'd save like 17M or so in cap space if they cut him before June), and hold onto Dobbs. Dude isn't exactly a world-beater, but for him to play as good as he has (comparatively speaking) despite only having been with the team barely three weeks will give them something to think about...well that and now Tannehill has become pretty injury-prone. Shoot, if they could somehow get Lamar Jacks--you know what, I ain't even going there right now. 

But enuff about the Snatit—HOW 'BOUT THEM JAGUARS THO??? I don't care that it was ugly, a W is a W. Show of hands for anybody, even the Betazoids,  who saw Jacksonville in the playoffs this season

*crickets*

And not only that, now they get a home playoff game at that?? Kinda wish I was back down in Florida right about now (well that and because there's about four feet of piled-up snow on the ground outside right now and its negative degrees out there), but I can celebrate from here. 

• Like 1

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Just now, tBBP said:

Yeah, about that. I have a funny feeling Tennessee is gonna look really hard at axing Tannehill, even if only as a business move (I think they'd save like 17M or so in cap space if they cut him before June), and hold onto Dobbs. Dude isn't exactly a world-beater, but for him to play as good as he has (comparatively speaking) despite only having been with the team barely three weeks will give them something to think about..

But enuff about the Snatit—HOW 'BOUT THEM JAGUARS THO??? I don't care that it was ugly, a W is a W. Show of hands for anybody, even the Betazoids,  who saw Jacksonville in the playoffs this season

I saw Josh Dobbs play in the preseason with the Browns. Granted, he was playing against 2nd and 3rd stringers, but I really liked what I saw in him. He seemed to have a real grasp of the offense (such as it is in Cleveland) he made smart decisions, and he didn't have a single WTF moment that I saw. It never seemed "too big" for him if that makes any sense. I'm not saying he's a diamond in the rough who will turn into a top flight QB, but he's most definitely worth taking a flyer on.

These guys who do a podcast that I'm familiar with said the Jags were a possible playoff team. Not exactly calling our shot, but we saw the potential.

• Like 2

BB52Big.jpg

Dobbs certainly seems worth hanging onto as a backup but six teams in five years isn't the profile of someone you commit to. He should at least be able to maintain a roster spot for a few years.

57 minutes ago, the admiral said:

Dobbs certainly seems worth hanging onto as a backup but six teams in five years isn't the profile of someone you commit to. He should at least be able to maintain a roster spot for a few years.

I hope to never see Dobbs on tv again -- only because announcers mention his education and all that NASA bs every other snap.

6uXNWAo.png

39 minutes ago, Cujo said:

I hope to never see Dobbs on tv again -- only because announcer mention his education and all that NASA bs every other snap.

Yeah. Why focus so much attention on his degree in aerospace engineering? Dobbs isn't special. The league is filled with players who are smart enough to work for NASA. So the dude had a 4.0 GPA. Big deal, so did every other player in the NFL. I bet Josh Dobbs isn't even the smartest player on the Titans roster.

• Like 5

BB52Big.jpg

Astronauts-Cosmonauts, both teams looking for a big win here, impressive start from Yuri Gagarin, I know Yuri are, but what am I, I'm down 3-0 early is what I am, but here's Neil "Stretch" Armstrong, FROM -- Purdue University -- thank you, about to take one small step and then WHOOP! now it's one large step, but WHOOP! it's like he's defying gravity out there, Tommy! Gets it over to Buzz "Cola" Aldrin, and they could. go. all. the. way. Astronauts win big thanks to The "Warren" Moon, gotta wonder now what kind of changes THUHHHHHH RUSSIANS are going to make in the offseason.

• WOAH 1

4 hours ago, BBTV said:

Trevor Lawrence is not a franchise QB and if a true franchise QB is available in the draft, they shouldn't be too proud to grab him and move on.  Trevor Lawrence will never be the reason a team makes it to the conference championship game, let alone a super bowl.  He's simply not better than above average at the NFL level.

That's a bold statement. 

He's a massive reason as to why the Jaguars have made this run to the postseason, in what is essentially his true rookie season (or at least his first with a legitimate NFL coaching staff). His jump from last year, to this year and more specifically, the latter part of the season, showed exactly why Jacksonville made him the number 1 overall pick last season (and why teams were tanking to draft him). 

This Jaguars team isn't amazing, but they're in the postseason, after starting 2-6. The team is going to get better. He's going to get better and he's already been playing like an elite QB on this 7-2 run the Jaguars are on. Once his pre-snap ability catches up to his generational talent (and I don't say that lightly), he's going to be on that Mt. Rushmore of the current top QB's. He didn't play amazing tonight, and missed a wide open TD, but he's been outstanding this last month. 

As a fan of a NFC team, I'm quite relieved that all of the current and next crop of great QB's are in the AFC. Imagine Trevor Lawrence on the 49ers. They'd be in the next 5 Super Bowls.

• Like 2

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC