2022 NFL regular season through Super Bowl LVII

8 hours ago, the admiral said:

Yeah, I wasn't too impressed with Lawrence tonight. Must-win game and he was, I dunno, not bad. Jags won because they were lucky not to get Tuck Ruled on the defensive touchdown; run that scenario against Pittsburgh or New England and maybe it doesn't go their way.

8 hours ago, infrared41 said:

Maybe?

Two weeks ago the ball slipped out of Mac Jones’s left hand (he’s right handed) and then he waived it around trying to grab the ball. The Bengals picked it up and scored. Review said the panicked hand waving was enough to constitute a throwing motion. underhanded, with his non throwing hand. Next play the Patriots scored on one of the luckiest Hail Mary heaves I’ve ever seen. It was a 14 point swing. Dobbs fumble was more of a pass than Mac Jones’s “pass”. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

I thought the Dobbs play could  have gone either way really. Without a real dog in the fight I wasn’t too worked up by the fumble call, although I’m sure Titans fans would disagree. I think whatever was called on the field was gonna stand regardless of whether it was called an incomplete pass or fumble. 

Something that just crossed my mind:  If Hamlin either can't play or chooses not to play again, his toy-drive charity will have earned exponentially more money than he will have.

• Hate 1

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Sean not closing that door honestly wouldn’t be the worst thing. Even with that Super Bowl, he’s proven to be only as innovative as the game script that he follows and can’t establish a running game to save himself even taking aside the bizarre Cam Akers soap opera from this year. Plus, as a fan of the team, hearing him after every loss get up to the mic and give the same “this one’s on me” speech has become eyerollingly annoying.

• Like 1

VmWIn6B.png

3 hours ago, Sport said:

Two weeks ago the ball slipped out of Mac Jones’s left hand (he’s right handed) and then he waived it around trying to grab the ball. The Bengals picked it up and scored. Review said the panicked hand waving was enough to constitute a throwing motion. underhanded, with his non throwing hand. Next play the Patriots scored on one of the luckiest Hail Mary heaves I’ve ever seen. It was a 14 point swing. Dobbs fumble was more of a pass than Mac Jones’s “pass”. 

Good lord. Brady's not even there anymore. It doesn't have to be this way. 

The AFC South race was fun to watch go down but they're gonna get wrecked by the Chargers next week, and the Chargers are not known for wrecking in the playoffs. 

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I guess, in the end, Jax/Tennessee was perfect for a Saturday night solo game. It felt collegiate in both atmosphere and level of play, and it took place before the actual playoffs start.

Jacksonville/LAC will so clearly be the early kickoff Saturday playoff game. Makes me miss the several years in a row that spot was reserved for KC (pre-Mahomes)/Indianapolis, or whoever Houston was playing.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

I’m taking it as a really good sign that they’re letting Damar watch the game.  There’s a bit of a parallel to Major League 2 with Lou Brown smuggling the radio into the hospital after his heart attack.

• Like 3

VmWIn6B.png

26 minutes ago, Germanshepherd said:

Don’t have strong feelings about the NFL playoffs situation, but this is damn funny

The coin flip is only if Baltimore wins, right?

I think Cincinnati will be okay.

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

No backdoor berth for the Steelers.

I hope the Bills can get to 42 points today. There's nothing that feels better than stomping the Patriots.

• Like 2