2022 NFL regular season through Super Bowl LVII

3 hours ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

For example, when I talk about the 2017 NBA Finals, do you think about how Zaza took out Kawhi in game 1 of the WCF while the Spurs were up 20? Or do you think about how KD and the 73-win superstars trucked the Cavs?

Actually it was the 2016 GSW who went 73-9. And spoiler alert, the Cavs came back from 3-1 to win that NBA Finals. Causing the GSW to go out and sign KD.

• Like 3

Clevelandcavaliersfirstlogo.gif Cleveland Cavaliers Curent Logo.png Cavs New Logo 2017-18.jpg

43 minutes ago, PittsburghSucks said:

Actually it was the 2016 GSW who went 73-9. And spoiler alert, the Cavs came back from 3-1 to win that NBA Finals. Causing the GSW to go out and sign KD.

Right. KD joined the 73-win team for the 16-17 season. That's why I said KD and the 73-win superstars. The operative word is "and."

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

12 minutes ago, infrared41 said:

Exactly.  No one remembers the tuck rule game.

When did this guy play football?

fb0d318e44ba72dfd7e331df0c9b7a7c-1000.jp

• LOL 1

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

8 hours ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

They had an easy schedule, played mostly home games on prime time, got that bull:censored: mulligan win over Tennessee, barely eeked out a win over Houston, and they lost to Indianapolis, which should be disqualifying. 

Okay, I thought it was just me. It seems like every time I've seen the Chiefs on TV up here this season, they've played at home...doesn't even seem like they've played any road games at all. I don't think I've even seen their white jerseys once.

8 hours ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

Jacksonville upsetting KC at Arrowhead is a dream scenario regardless of what else happens.

Hey, it already almost happened once—for three quarters, anyway—it can happen again! 

(If not Jacksonville, then somebody...if for no better reason than to knock all these frontrunner fakin' Chiefs fans up here down a good peg or sixteen.)

• Like 1

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

5 hours ago, BBTV said:

My point here was that if the Bengals had lost to the Bills and were 11-5, Baltimore would have won the division with a win tomorrow since both would be 11-6 and Baltimore would have won both games.

With a draw or tie, Baltimore would have been robbed of an opportunity to win the division over a team they beat twice (in this scenario.)

Okay I get what you’re saying now. My mistake. 

3 hours ago, Ridleylash said:

Huh, almost like moving to a market that is an extremely common tourist destination and not making sure you quickly build a local fanbase by winning and is right near Los Angeles, which already has two teams, was a bad idea.

when I went to the Bengals game in Nashville this year I apologized to all the Titans fans around me and one Titans fan said “we’re used to being everybody’s road game destination. Don’t worry about it. At least you’re not Steelers fans.” I imagine Las Vegas would be that times 5. Mark Davis should welcome the visiting fans. Their money is green too. He wasn’t getting that at the old place is Oakland. 

• Like 2

PvO6ZWJ.png

10 minutes ago, ManillaToad said:

The Chiefs had 3 primetime home games, same as Buffalo and fewer than Philadelphia and Green Bay

What about late games that were nationally televised or same minus two or three markets?

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Primetime is one thing, but so too is CBS or Fox game of the week status.

For CBS, Romo and Nantz called the Chiefs in week 1, week 3,  week 6 (against Buffalo), week 10, and week 13. That's in addition to 5 national games (three SNF, one MNF, one TNF). And at least one, maybe two, games of the week appearances on Fox.

Also, they were initially scheduled for a fourth SNF against the Broncos, but that game was flexed IIRC.

Calling the late game almost everyone gets "America's Game of the Week" to cope with NBC flexing games to Sunday night was such a Fox move. August old CBS doesn't have to put a label on the Jim Nantz game.

3 minutes ago, the admiral said:

Calling the late game almost everyone gets "America's Game of the Week" to cope with NBC flexing games to Sunday night was such a Fox move. August old CBS doesn't have to put a label on the Jim Nantz game.

I feel like "game of the week" goes back to the Madden days. Or maybe when Aikman took over? I don't know; as I age it all mixes in my head.

I spent the 90s watching a lot of Cowboys and Packers games on Fox, and if Madden was calling it, it was the game of the week. Though I guess I'm distinctly showing my exact age by thinking of Madden as a Fox guy and not a CBS guy.

• Like 1

The "America's Game of the Week" branding goes back to late 2006. I remember Fox making a big deal about how they were able to protect the last three or four Giants games. Gee, thanks.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, the admiral said:

Calling the late game almost everyone gets "America's Game of the Week" to cope with NBC flexing games to Sunday night was such a Fox move. 

"America's Game of the Week" is really just FOX giving us a Dallas Cowboys game. So many times has there been really solid late-window match up, but they'll still make Cowboys vs Whoever the headliner. Hell, Dallas vs Bishop-Sycamore would get AGOTW consideration.

• Like 2

6uXNWAo.png

3 minutes ago, the admiral said:

The "America's Game of the Week" branding goes back to late 2006. I remember Fox making a big deal about how they were able to protect the last three or four Giants games. Gee, thanks.

I could swear NBC used some version of "game of the week" way back when they had the AFC, but I may be remembering it wrong. I was pretty high back then.

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

BB52Big.jpg