2022 NFL regular season through Super Bowl LVII

6 minutes ago, DoctorWhom said:

And everyone was so quick to say that was his "breakout game" and he's the next great QB in the NFL like Jackson, Mahomes, & Allen. 

This is not a true statement.

• Like 2
  • Dislike 1

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Just now, BBTV said:

This is not a true statement.

Did you listen to anyone after their game last week or just turn the TV off? 

Both on TV and online I heard nothing but people say that was Tua's"breakout game" and how that's the kind of QB he can be.

I don't hate him or the Dolphins by any means,  but people took way too much out of that 1 game. Even against the Bills today, he wasn't anything special, and they just barely won. 

• Yawn 1

3 minutes ago, DoctorWhom said:

Did you listen to anyone after their game last week or just turn the TV off? 

Both on TV and online I heard nothing but people say that was Tua's"breakout game" and how that's the kind of QB he can be.

I don't hate him or the Dolphins by any means,  but people took way too much out of that 1 game. Even against the Bills today, he wasn't anything special, and they just barely won. 

I mean, your statement is still false.

Regardless, while I was looking forward to the intersection of Bills Mafia and Eagles fans, it's too likely that the Earth wouldn't have been able to handle all that mayhem and would have imploded.  

I guess Tua vs Hurts in the Super Bowl pretty much writes its own stories anyway.  I'm not disappointed.

• LOL 2

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

13 minutes ago, Red Comet said:

If Tua can play healthy, continue playing at a high level, then he certainly isn’t a draft bust anymore, but he’ll really need to put in a couple years of elite production at least before we can talk about him being in the Herbert/Mahomes/Allen tier. 

Why would he need to put in more years of elite production than Herbert currently has in order to be in his tier?

EDIT:

Full disclosure - I've never ever seen Tua play, and as a Hurts fan, I totally understand wanting to resist the urge to  celebrate a guy before it's time - but it seems like with both guys, people are moving the goalposts every week.  Why can't it just be "they've had an amazing season so far, let's see if they can keep it up and earn that next contract"?

Still, don't tell me Hurts vs Tua wouldn't give the networks the two weeks of storylines they need.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, BBTV said:

Why would he need to put in more years of elite production than Herbert currently has in order to be in his tier?

EDIT:

Full disclosure - I've never ever seen Tua play, and as a Hurts fan, I totally understand wanting to resist the urge to  celebrate a guy before it's time - but it seems like with both guys, people are moving the goalposts every week.  Why can't it just be "they've had an amazing season so far, let's see if they can keep it up and earn that next contract"?

Still, don't tell me Hurts vs Tua wouldn't give the networks the two weeks of storylines they need.

Oh absolutely. Two Bama teammates going at it, one who supplanted the other? Oh they'd eat that all up...that is, if the networks could get off Rodgers and/or Brady (or whatever going on in Dallas at that moment) long enough to acknowledge the two. And I'd be all for it.

Getting back to Mr. Tagovailoa...we shall see how this investigation into concussion protocol goes and whether it really was his back (as team sources are now saying) that caused him to give out or if that was a cover-up; regardless, give the guy credit for getting back out there and leading his team to the dub. No he didn't set the field on fire, but he also didn't have to--his receivers played for him, and also credit Miami's defense for stepping up. At any rate, the guy won today, and that's the key takeaway. He won.

And oh by the way, while we're talking about this--I suppose we should bring in Mike McDaniel for this part--this team just ran off three straight against Bill Belichick, John Harbaugh, and Sean McDermott, not to mention Lamar Jackson and Josh Allen back-to-back. So um...remember that 7-game winning streak they went on about halfway through last season? Perhaps that wasn't as much of a fluke as some might've made it seem? Perhaps that was a preview of what kind of team this could become, and is now showing they just might be?

Folk better pay attention to what's brewing down there in Miami...they got something cooking, that's for sure. (IF Tua can stay healthy, that is. That's a BIG if.)

On a somewhat different note, keeping it in state...don't look now, but the dang Jaguars are sitting up at the top of their division now. Yeah its a weak one, so--but who saw that coming this early in the season? They might be a team to keep an eye on going forward, too, if what they pulled off in LA is a harbinger of what's to come. (And I'd be all for that, too.)

• Like 1

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

5 minutes ago, tBBP said:

Oh absolutely. Two Bama teammates going at it, one who supplanted the other? Oh they'd eat that all up...that is, if the networks could get off Rodgers and/or Brady (or whatever going on in Dallas at that moment) long enough to acknowledge the two. And I'd be all for it.

I'm not sure why the networks would be talking about Rodgers, Brady, or the dumpster fire in Dallas if it's down to Tua and Hurts in the Super Bowl, which at this point is basically a done deal.  Networks tend to favor the two teams playing in the game.

2 minutes ago, BBTV said:

I'm not sure why the networks would be talking about Rodgers, Brady, or the dumpster fire in Dallas if it's down to Tua and Hurts in the Super Bowl, which at this point is basically a done deal.  Networks tend to favor the two teams playing in the game.

Oh...I didn't realize you were talking about a potential SB matchup between the two...wasn't even tracking on that.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

1 minute ago, GDAWG said:

11-10 in Baseball....a super fun game with possibly a lot of homers.

11-10 in football.....total boredom.

You take that back! I for one live for the release that comes with seeing the Iowa Broncos' one TD per game. The rest of you are spoiled with your expectations of anything ever happening ever. Such an entitled generation that expects to be entertained by their entertainment. What a joke.