2022 MLB Postseason

Kooky01

Phillies definitely underachieved in the regular season, glad to see them getting how now. I knew they had the potential to be a good team. 

Poor Mariners are doing  everything they possibly can do afford a sweep. They really do deserve better. 

58 minutes ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

Why does every Astros reliever have like a 1.4 ERA? Good lord. Is there anything that team doesn't do well?

Playing by the rules.

IDC if people are sick of hearing about it, a scandal like that should haunt them for at least the next few years. Or until the win a championship legitimately. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, DoctorWhom said:

Phillies definitely underachieved in the regular season, glad to see them getting how now. I knew they had the potential to be a good team. 

They underachieved when they had a terrible manager who simply didn't care and was in it just for the check.  Joe Girardi "lead" them to 8-games under .500 by June 1. 

Since June 1 they were 23 over .500.  If you were to give me that clip for an entire season, I'd probably argue that they over achieved, given 1) Nick "walking garbage" Castellanos and Kyle Schwarber were supposed to alternate at DH, but Harper tore his UCL and hasn't been able to play the field all year, so those stiffs have had to play.  2) Harper (playing at an MVP level at the time) and Jean Segura each missed two months with broken thumbs, and 3) Didi Gregorious wasted a roster spot (as well as oxygen) for 3/4 of the season before they let him go so that the few young home-grown guys they have could play.

The team is very flawed, and they tried to buy their way out of poor player development and it backfired (because that always backfires) and the irony is that they're probably behind where they'd be had they not signed stiffs to $100M contracts.  But when their guys are hot then they can beat anyone - the problem is that they have a habit of going ice cold at the worst times.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

20 minutes ago, TrueYankee26 said:

It continues! Now at the bottom of the 15th inning in Seattle! 0-0

While in Cleveland, the Yankees lead 4-2 in the 6th!

My secret hope is the Yankees/Guardians game ends before the Mariners.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

I was like "hey, let's just watch the end of this game then catch up on The Patient".  90 minutes later...

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Well damn.  I have nothing against the Astros and think it's silly that people are still on the sign-stealing crap (as if they wouldn't want their own team to do it) but I've always had some bizarre affection for the Seattle area and its teams and was hoping they'd get to enjoy at least another postseason round.

• Like 1

Eagles are playing in Houston on Thursday November 3.  That stadium will be 90% Philadelphia fans who are likely staying for the weekend.

If the Astros advance, game 6 of the World Series will be in Houston on Friday November 4.  Just sayin...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JerseyJimmy said:

I'm starting to think the AL just sucks.

Nah, it's just the Astros* making the ALCS or World series every god damn year. Like the Warriors & Lightning, the team just won't :censored:ing die. 

Unless Cleveland can pull off the upset, we have the worst case ALCS. Yankees - Astros*. In which case I';m rooting for the Meteor NASA just crashed into to obliterate both teams.  

At least the NLCS will be fun if San Diego can finish off the Dodgers. 

I do really feel bad for the Mariners, they really deserved better than to be swept by such an unlikable team like the Astros*, if not for those key mistakes like in Game 1, I really think they would have had a chance.  At least the drought is over for them. 

• Like 2

If the Yankees lose this series, I wonder if they'll finally fire their manager who only got the job because he hit a lucky walk off HR  for them in the ALCS years ago. 

I'm just worried that even if the Guardians can beat them, I give their odds of beating the Astros* near 0.