22-23 NBA Season Thread

DG_ThenNowForever

21 minutes ago, Unocal said:

The Celtics remind me of last year's Suns: coming off a Finals loss, look unbeatable in the regular season, but they'll get tripped up in round 2

Would be hilarious if they ended up losing in the 2nd round to the Nets. 😄

• Like 2
  • Applause 1

On 2/2/2023 at 11:18 AM, gosioux76 said:

👆

3 hours ago, Indigo said:

Let the Photoshops begin:

With six days notice? Brooklyn should tell him to eat balls and just not trade him. When/if healthy, they're probably the biggest threat to the Celtics in the conference. It's not like they'll get anything of value back for him, especially not from the Lakers, who have even less to trade than they did before they went digging for couch change so they could bring in Rui Hachimura of all people.

2 hours ago, who do you think said:

With six days notice? Brooklyn should tell him to eat balls and just not trade him. When/if healthy, they're probably the biggest threat to the Celtics in the conference. It's not like they'll get anything of value back for him, especially not from the Lakers, who have even less to trade than they did before they went digging for couch change so they could bring in Rui Hachimura of all people.

Uhhhh I'm sorry what?  The team the Celtics have beaten 10 straight times is their biggest threat in the Conference?  That's gonna be a no from me, dawg.

Bucks, Cavs, I'll even  put Miami up there.   But not the Nets. 

• Like 1

Nets already lost all their future assets trading for a different guy who's no longer on the team, so they probably need to get whatever less-than-full-value they can get in return. My schadenfreude is currently torn between a half-season of him actively sabotaging Nets games the way he did that Celtics/Bucks semifinal, or limping through a Lakers lineup that's even more injury-prone with an even thinner bench. I don't know if Nets fans have it in them to be as vulgar with the Kyrie chants, but Celtics/Cavs fans welcome you to the club anyway.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, DoctorWhom said:

Uhhhh I'm sorry what?  The team the Celtics have beaten 10 straight times is their biggest threat in the Conference?  That's gonna be a no from me, dawg.

Bucks, Cavs, I'll even  put Miami up there.   But not the Nets. 

Half those Celtics wins were against a less-than-full-strength Nets team with a coach in over his head. As December showed, the Nets are as good as their potential would suggest when their roster physically and mentally healthy (now that they have a real head coach). The Heat haven't had a stretch anywhere close to that strong this season.

3 hours ago, Digby said:

Half those Celtics wins were against a less-than-full-strength Nets team with a coach in over his head. As December showed, the Nets are as good as their potential would suggest when their roster physically and mentally healthy (now that they have a real head coach). The Heat haven't had a stretch anywhere close to that strong this season.

And Yet Miami has beaten the Celtics more times than the Nets have. 

Calling the Nets their "biggest threat" is a ridiculous stretch when there are teams that weren't healthy, that still beat the Celtics.  

3 minutes ago, Unocal said:

The Mavs are not a shoo-in for a guaranteed playoff spot (half a game ahead of 7th to avoid the play-in)

The NBA play-in games are the playoffs. 10 teams in each conference make the playoffs. No different from MLB's wild card format.

6uXNWAo.png

8 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

The NBA treats them as separate. 

All those 32-50 records get thrown out the window once their version of Wild card round begins -- Thus, the postseason. Not sure why or how NBA fans don't see it as that.

• Like 1

6uXNWAo.png