22-23 NBA Season Thread

DG_ThenNowForever

2 hours ago, Digby said:

What? Postgame work for players is a normal thing. You don't always see it with the away guys but it's not unheard of. It's not "time to go home" if there are still fans and media there witnessing the whole thing, we are not talking like it's 12:30 in the morning here. Players can do their thing and the bull gang waits til they're done. This is not the town rec league gym with a hard stop.

Literally the only reason this is a story is because Harrell got bizarrely aggro and caused a scene -- which prolonged the ordeal.

Pushing the ladder was maybe a Karen-level move from Giannis but didn't rise to the level of POS.

Not going to belabor it after this, but it was "time to go home" because the arena crew was on a schedule and they were literally in the middle of doing their job and he not only interrupted that, but endangered people.  I take it you've never worked at a stadium/arena (I'm not saying that as an insult - most people haven't) but the crew there is on a pretty strict schedule, not only a literal job schedule (if thing A doesn't get done on time then thing B is delayed and so on) but also they just want to go the hell home, and the post-game shootaround work time was probably accounted for in the schedule, but got  disrupted because of the a-hole Sixers guy.  But either way, it was time to go.  The Sixers guy was an a-hole, but so was Giannis.  Again - not saying he's an a-hole in general (all signs point to the opposite), but in that one isolated moment, yeah. 

Two people can be jerks, even if only one started it.  Just my opinion, obviously. Nothing more.

• Like 1

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not gonna say the Celtics need a win in Brooklyn... but visiting Toronto on the second half of a back-to-back is a scheduling loss if I've ever seen one, and then it's out west to face three quality teams and then the Lakers, who I was going to say might well decide to play up to their talent level for a night just because... but then I looked at their ESPN depth chart and Troy Brown Jr., Austin Reaves, Wenyen Gabriel, and Thomas Bryant are in their top ten. I,um... I don't know these people.

Ridiculous. The Nets are so thirsty.

The Lakers started 2-10 and are 8-2 since, with a big win on Friday over the Bucks in Milwaukee, and AD going for 55-17 (!!) today in DC.

They're going to digging out of that early season whole all year long, but at least they look like a basketball team.

Like the last four years, they'll go as far as AD takes them.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

We don't have (or likely need) a WNBA thread, but really good to see Brittney Griner coming home.

• Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Dislike 1

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

On 12/10/2022 at 8:33 PM, DoctorWhom said:

I knew the Warriors were faking it. 

They :censored: around in the regular season, get a 5 or 6 seed and cheese their way to the The Finals. 

Play the game.  League won't let them rest, then why not game the system legally and take off the target off your own back?  Losing to the Bucks, a team that they will only face twice in a season until the Finals, let's them figure out what plays Bucks will run and also lets the Warriors keep their own plays a secret until they meet in the Finals (IF they meet in the Finals).  It's something that Kerr picked up from Pop in San Antonio, whether directly or indirectly.

Even if the Warriors blatantly coast and end up in the bottom half of the west bracket, it's tough to say (duh, it's December) who in the West would beat them in the playoffs.

Memphis and NO - assuming they keep going the way they are, there's plenty of time for the Pelicans especially to fall off since that group has done nothing yet over a full season - are unproven newbies in the May-June contention arena, and history has shown that that matters.

Phoenix and Denver are yesterday's news, the former is still a dumb team that disappears when it matters then blames everyone else, the latter is still larping as the neighties Rockets (surrounding their MVP center with a bunch of randos and wondering why their season's always over in mid-May).

A healthy Clippers team with home court advantage would probably be favored, but come on they're not gonna make it.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, who do you think said:

Even if the Warriors blatantly coast and end up in the bottom half of the west bracket, it's tough to say (duh, it's December) who in the West would beat them in the playoffs.

Memphis and NO - assuming they keep going the way they are, there's plenty of time for the Pelicans especially to fall off since that group has done nothing yet over a full season - are unproven newbies in the May-June contention arena, and history has shown that that matters.

Phoenix and Denver are yesterday's news, the former is still a dumb team that disappears when it matters then blames everyone else, the latter is still larping as the neighties Rockets (surrounding their MVP center with a bunch of randos and wondering why their season's always over in mid-May).

A healthy Clippers team with home court advantage would probably be favored, but come on they're not gonna make it.

This is why I sigh when the ESPN pundits fuss about "Are the Warriors backsliding?" "What's wrong with Golden State?"

They did the same thing during the KD era--coast through the regular season, win enough games to get a top 2 seed, then turn it on during the playoffs-- and it got them 2 rings in 3 tries. They did it last year and they won another ring.

56 minutes ago, Gary said:

Imagine being a pos and selling the team and getting rewarded 

The billionaire class can only ever fail successfully.