MLS kits 2023

gosioux76

Cornball, corporate synergy nonsense better suited to 2000s NASCAR.

I get ads for these crossover t-shirts on Fanatics all the time and I think it's silly -- woohoo, I love my sports team AND Captain America or Darth Vader or whatever -- but putting it on the athletes is fully cringe.

• Like 2

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

19 hours ago, Digby said:

Cornball, corporate synergy nonsense better suited to 2000s NASCAR.

I get ads for these crossover t-shirts on Fanatics all the time and I think it's silly -- woohoo, I love my sports team AND Captain America or Darth Vader or whatever -- but putting it on the athletes is fully cringe.

XPIYHKM.png

If it was just some sort of design like this I might be fine with it. But even then I expect it'll look like a MiLB jersey. 

Syracuse Mets to get Marvel superhero jerseys as part of new Minor League  Baseball deal - syracuse.com

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

14 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

AwzaKs0.png

So they also include the player's name on the front in the Marvel font. Not a good look for an already bad look.

That’s just something the Timbers’ EQ staff did, not a league-wide thing. For the last couple of years their EQ guy has customized all of the special warmup jerseys:

spacer.png
spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 3
  • WOAH 1

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

7 hours ago, upperV03 said:

That’s just something the Timbers’ EQ staff did, not a league-wide thing. For the last couple of years their EQ guy has customized all of the special warmup jerseys:

spacer.png
spacer.png

spacer.png

That's actually kinda neat. It still didn't help that shirt though. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

On 2023-06-26 at 5:19 PM, MJWalker45 said:

mls x marvel 7-min.jpg

This design without the Marvel additions would make for a pretty good MLS regular season ball.

Without the Marvel additions, it would just be a plain white ball with an adidas and MLS logo.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, VampyrRabbit said:

Without the Marvel additions, it would just be a plain white ball with an adidas and MLS logo.

Yes, but if the shields had American and Canadian designs instead it would be a great league ball. 

• Like 1

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

It’s definitely interesting. I agree the solid colored back is lame but at lease this fits with what I would say a 3rd kit is. Hopefully more teams reveal one this year or next.

2 hours ago, VampyrRabbit said:

So Toronto flogged enough shirts to get a 3rd kit, and the result is much like a lot of the home and away kits that adidas has launched this year - nice until you get to the one colour back.

DXOaaz1.png

4aa9yV8.png

It probably wouldn't be so bad if they went with the darker blue color instead of pink. 

• Like 3

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

3 hours ago, VampyrRabbit said:

So Toronto flogged enough shirts to get a 3rd kit, and the result is much like a lot of the home and away kits that adidas has launched this year - nice until you get to the one colour back.

Worse is that the names and numbers will be yellow on the pink background, making them very hard to read even when standing still.

front-back.jpg

• Huh? 1

43 minutes ago, officeglenn said:

Worse is that the names and numbers will be yellow on the pink background, making them very hard to read even when standing still.

front-back.jpg

A prime example of why MLS need to either come up with a name and number font that works with an outline, or let teams use a custom font of their own.

• Like 4

Does anybody else think Inter Miami is going to quickly reach the mark to be eligible for thirds next season once Messi jerseys become available?

I would assume next year's primaries will be pink. The black secondary kits will return next year. Wonder what direction they would go with a third?

Hotter Than July > Thriller