MLS kits 2023

gosioux76

Atlanta makes the third kit official.

spacer.png

spacer.png

It includes a solid black back.

spacer.png

Also, here is how NYCFC’s third looked on the pitch. I really like it and think this is one of the best thirds we have seen in MLS.

spacer.png

One last thought: historically third kits are worn for one single season never to be seen again. Will that be the case here? I haven’t seen any mention of their lifespan. If they are for 2023 only, I have to ask, what’s the point? There’s only 9 or 10 games left in the season. These would make a lot more sense if they are introduced earlier in the campaign or worn for two years.

• Like 5
  • Huh? 1

4 hours ago, aawagner011 said:

Also, here is how NYCFC’s third looked on the pitch. I really like it and think this is one of the best thirds we have seen in MLS.

spacer.png

I know I missed it somewhere, but what's the reason NYC's thirds are green? Whatever the reason, these fit, at least in my mind, what a "third" kit should be, at least in soccer/futbol: something that extends beyond the brand—or at least something about either team locale or nickname—but not completely disconnected from it. (I'm guessing the green deals with Central Park??) Also, that little bit of light blue looks great with the two-tone green, IMO.

• Like 1

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

15 minutes ago, tBBP said:

I know I missed it somewhere, but what's the reason NYC's thirds are green? Whatever the reason, these fit, at least in my mind, what a "third" kit should be, at least in soccer/futbol: something that extends beyond the brand—or at least something about either team locale or nickname—but not completely disconnected from it. (I'm guessing the green deals with Central Park??) Also, that little bit of light blue looks great with the two-tone green, IMO.

It's an homage to all NYC parks, not just Central Park. https://news.sportslogos.net/2023/08/16/going-green-nycfc-releases-third-kit-paying-homage-to-citys-parks/soccer/  The NYC Parks logo is on the jock tag.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, aawagner011 said:

Atlanta makes the third kit official.

spacer.png

spacer.png

It includes a solid black back.

spacer.png

I'm sorry but these are just... not good. It looks like some bad streetwear, not a proper kit, (which I guess is what they wanted to accomplish, but the point remains). 

Also, that makes 2 MLS third kits that are black with a graffiti/street art inspired. And neither look really feels good IMO, but I guess it gets over with the intended crowd.

• Like 8

spacer.png

Visit my website at SSmith Designs (google.com)

Both of the graffiti kits debuted today and I personally think they both looked as bad or worse than the initial releases made them look. I think the NYRB kit has a little more going for it overall, but I still can’t get on board with it. The ATL kit is just… awful.

spacer.png
spacer.png

• Like 2

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

3 hours ago, upperV03 said:

Both of the graffiti kits debuted today and I personally think they both looked as bad or worse than the initial releases made them look. I think the NYRB kit has a little more going for it overall, but I still can’t get on board with it. The ATL kit is just… awful.

spacer.png
spacer.png

Toronto wore their third kit at Columbus as well.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png