MLS kits 2023

gosioux76

2 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

Feels like they just copied the Nets with this idea. It does look nice though. Almost reminds me of a Metrostars look. 

As long as you look at it from far enough away to not read it, yeah, the color scheme does hint at that. But it's corny up close. Plus, this is the Newark team, their thing is early house music tbh.

• Like 1

On 8/1/2023 at 9:25 AM, WBeltz said:

NYRB have unveiled a new third kit. It’s interesting enough, if not a headache to look at. MLS did not news drop it, but this would be the 2nd of 4 teams getting thirds correct? Toronto and NYRB and Atlanta are, so who’s the last one? 

Heard Crew get mentioned for the last 3rd. Nashville does make sense but maybe for the next round of teams.

13 hours ago, TacoCat83 said:

Heard Crew get mentioned for the last 3rd. Nashville does make sense but maybe for the next round of teams.

The Crew? I'm surprised by that. I'm a little scared of what they come up with after Toronto's shirt.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

And the answer is... NYCFC. Going with an NYC Parks theme with the little green and gold leaf logo. I like the idea, execution's not quite there for me -- the pattern kinda loses the tree effect for me, and I don't like the bright green stripes. But otherwise I do like a dark green and gold and light blue color scheme, so that's kinda nice and pretty distinctive.

spacer.png

• Like 5

42 minutes ago, Digby said:

And the answer is... NYCFC. Going with an NYC Parks theme with the little green and gold leaf logo. I like the idea, execution's not quite there for me -- the pattern kinda loses the tree effect for me, and I don't like the bright green stripes. But otherwise I do like a dark green and gold and light blue color scheme, so that's kinda nice and pretty distinctive.

spacer.png

I think they could have pulled off the parks theme a little better, but it's not a bad shirt. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

2 hours ago, Digby said:

The lighting in that picture is a little weird, but I think all of the logos are white, not gold. The club changed their profile pic to this:

spacer.png

In any case, I don’t think it’s bad but the pattern isn’t my cup of tea and I think they should’ve made the adidas stripes light blue to match the side stripes. 

• Like 1

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

2 hours ago, upperV03 said:

The lighting in that picture is a little weird, but I think all of the logos are white, not gold. The club changed their profile pic to this:

Aha, you're right, and that jibes with the NYC Parks signage if this is an official "collab". In my mind those signs were green and gold too but I think I got it mixed up with Boston's parks.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSyiqDeCsHeSEIustQix9Y 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, ATLJ said:

Apparently new Atlanta kit. Matches advertising they had about the third kit. 

F3f5mOUXMAASg7d.png

Are MLS just coming up with crap like this so teams don't ask for third kits? Ugh!!! Reminds of every softball team that wears individualized airbrush helmets.

Airbrushed Batting Helmet - Etsy

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

57 minutes ago, ATLJ said:

Apparently new Atlanta kit. Matches advertising they had about the third kit. 

F3f5mOUXMAASg7d.png

46 minutes ago, ATLJ said:

Yea, this is horrible. No defending it. I'm sure some people will like it, which is fine. But this isn't really a kit design, just some text.

Like it? I love it!

Does that make me crazy? Possibly.

"If things have gone wrong, I'm talking to myself, and you've got a wet towel wrapped around your head."

7 minutes ago, Brave-Bird 08 said:

It appears MLS and adidas have entered "city connect" territory. This is going to go well...

adidas could have gone with Retro Reverse and this would have been a great kit design. Instead we have a 90's graffiti jersey. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

1 hour ago, Survival79 said:

Like it? I love it!

Does that make me crazy? Possibly.

I think its fine that people like it, eye of the beholder and all that. But it is undeniably a terrible "design" if you can even call it that. Its simply text slapped onto a blank and not in any creative way. No design went into this. 

It looks like there’s finally a United shirt I will not be purchasing. I have every primary, secondary, and third shirt thus far (besides Parley which have mostly been ugly; only one I wanted was the super dark gray and it sold out instantly). This new shirt is just ugly. I am open to new ideas and love the idea of local culture as inspiration, but this just ain’t it.

On 8/14/2023 at 8:09 PM, Rygi13 said:

Don't think this will be a 3rd jersey on the field, but Austin has a new jersey designed by local skate shop No-Comply.Fua9Pm2.pngre4pj5T.png

https://www.soccerbible.com/lifestyle/sneakers/2023/08/adidas-skateboarding-reveals-no-comply-x-austin-fc-collection/

It's their lifestyle brand. It does look better than the actual home shirt though. 

no comply 15-min.jpgno comply 4-min.jpg

• Like 4

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png