MLS kits 2023

gosioux76

15 minutes ago, 4_tattoos said:

I would assume next year's primaries will be pink. The black secondary kits will return next year. Wonder what direction they would go with a third?

I've always thought all-white works well for a Miami team, but may also be boring for a third (and putting Messi in all-white opens a new can of worms). I will instead regurgitate my idea that the Barca pre-match shirt from a few years ago would be a more perfect away kit for Miami than anything they've actually done so far (and now, more appropriate):

m_63e4492bf8c5daf043487997.jpg 

• Like 2
  • Love 2

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

The way MLS and adidas handle third kits is stupid. I understand why they have a threshold of units sold to require thirds, but releasing them in the middle of the season is weird. Atlanta did the same thing in 2021 with their third kit and it was only worn a couple of times and did not carry over to the next season. I understand they want to stagger the releases so people buy more, but it’s still bizarre.

• Like 5

54 minutes ago, MrOrange said:

from the Main Page

Yeah, I included that quote from the MLS announcement in the story because, the way it was worded, it's not clear if the sales threshold is still the criteria for a third kit. The word "selected" makes it seem like it's not and it instead was a strategic decision about which markets they could sell the most in.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Digby said:

I've always thought all-white works well for a Miami team, but may also be boring for a third (and putting Messi in all-white opens a new can of worms).

Messi wore an all white kit while playing for PSG. I'm sure that it's fine for him to wear an all white kit for Miami.

5 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

DXOaaz1.png

4aa9yV8.png

It probably wouldn't be so bad if they went with the darker blue color instead of pink. 

So, I might've missed it somewhere but...is there a particular reason for this specific colorway, or is it just a flavor-of-the-season template?

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

3 minutes ago, tBBP said:

So, I might've missed it somewhere but...is there a particular reason for this specific colorway, or is it just a flavor-of-the-season template?

It's a tie in between Toronto FC and the Toronto Caribbean Carnival.

6 minutes ago, tBBP said:

From MLSSoccer.com:

The new uniform pays tribute to Caribbean culture by featuring a bold color palette synonymous with the sights of Carnival. The textured pattern nods to the bright feathers worn by Mas Bands, complemented by the “All For One” pillars highlighted on the jock tag.

Ah, now THAT makes sense, with as big a *Caribbean* concentration of population as Toronto has...nice.

• Like 1

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

12 hours ago, 4_tattoos said:

Does anybody else think Inter Miami is going to quickly reach the mark to be eligible for thirds next season once Messi jerseys become available?

I would assume next year's primaries will be pink. The black secondary kits will return next year. Wonder what direction they would go with a third?

I'm thinking light blue could be a good idea. Hope they don't go for something boring like a white jersey.

On 6/16/2023 at 9:26 AM, WBeltz said:

So is this a part of that whole 100,000 units of jerseys sold or is it because Atlanta is by far and away one of the more popular MLS teams? Because it’s mind boggling to me that Portland, LAFC, Austin and other teams aren’t getting 3rd kits seeing how successful they are/the number of jerseys sold to qualify for this.

There is no way Seattle hasnt qualified with the Hendrix sales numbers. Absolutely shocked nothing has come from that yet.

• 2 weeks later...

2023 MLS All-Star Skills Challenge

MLS wore light blue again for the Skills competition last night. Looks like teamwear but there was a pattern on the jerseys that I don't think are on the actual teamwear kit itself. Crest was the sleeve sponsor. 

This is from last year, but I think it's pretty cool

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

2 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

MLS wore light blue again for the Skills competition last night. Looks like teamwear but there was a pattern on the jerseys that I don't think are on the actual teamwear kit itself. Crest was the sleeve sponsor. 

It’s the miCondivo 22 kit, which was available in catalogs and on Adidas’ now-retried miTeam site with that chevron design as one of the many customization options. It worked well enough, and I’m sure the light blue is to tie in with AT&T.

Not that it mattered, but I thought it was interesting/funny that Arsenal’s keepers looked so similar to the field players with the green/black/green keeper kit combo:

spacer.png

They have the blue keeper kit colorway as one of their other options, which I’m sure is what they’ll wear for the ASG tonight.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

On 7/3/2023 at 3:09 PM, 4_tattoos said:

Does anybody else think Inter Miami is going to quickly reach the mark to be eligible for thirds next season once Messi jerseys become available?

Maybe something like Angel City had for their first white jerseys? With that Apple TV money, they should start letting everyone have three shirts. 

Angel City FC 2022/23 Stadium Away Men's Nike Dri-FIT Soccer Jersey.  Nike.com

• Like 1
  • Love 1

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

• 2 weeks later...

NYRB have unveiled a new third kit. It’s interesting enough, if not a headache to look at. MLS did not news drop it, but this would be the 2nd of 4 teams getting thirds correct? Toronto and NYRB and Atlanta are, so who’s the last one? 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, WBeltz said:

NYRB have unveiled a new third kit. It’s interesting enough, if not a headache to look at. MLS did not news drop it, but this would be the 2nd of 4 teams getting thirds correct? Toronto and NYRB and Atlanta are, so who’s the last one? 

That looks so corny. It's like a t-shirt for kids, but instead of "trucks! Dig! Crunch! Wheels! Plow!" you're getting "New York! Hip-hop! B-boy! Breakdance!"

The Brooklyn Nets have been in this ballpark, but did it way better. I think less is more here.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

1 hour ago, WBeltz said:

nyrb 1-min.jpg

Feels like they just copied the Nets with this idea. It does look nice though. Almost reminds me of a Metrostars look. 

• Like 1

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png