MLS kits 2023

gosioux76

3 hours ago, aawagner011 said:

So are we expecting this to finally release? Or are they just going to use the gray all season?

The indigenous inscription is nowhere to be seen on the new leaked images, so it’s possible Adidas has finished producing updated versions and is starting to send them out to retailers. Wouldn’t surprise me if they end up launching it in May.

Shifting back to the Parley kits for this week, St. Louis has posted a teaser with tomorrow’s date:

Looks like the turquoise colorway, so that means Colorado chose the black as the home team for Saturday’s matchup between the two clubs.

So far then we know the colors for these two matchups:

Atlanta (black) vs. Chicago (turquoise)

Colorado (black) vs. St. Louis (turquoise)

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

Most of the Parley (officially called “One Planet”) jerseys are up on the Dick’s site. They’ll be available on MLS Store later today.

Here are all of the selections: 

Charlotte (turquoise) vs. Columbus (black)

Cincinnati (black) vs. Portland (turquoise)

Montreal (black - no pic yet) vs. NYRB (turquoise)

New England (turquoise) vs. SKC (black)

NYCFC (turquoise) vs. Dallas (black)

Orlando (turquoise) vs. DC (black)

Philadelphia (black) vs. Toronto (turquoise)

Houston (black) vs. Miami (turquoise)

Nashville (turquoise) vs. LAFC (black)

Colorado (black) vs. St. Louis (turquoise)

RSL (turquoise) vs. San Jose (black)

LAG (turquoise) vs. Austin (black)

Seattle (turquoise) vs. Minnesota (black)

Atlanta (black) vs. Chicago (turquoise)

The home team picks which color they want. 8 of the 14 home teams picked the turquoise color way, while the other 6 picked black. Vancouver has a bye this week, but I assume they’ll still have a version to buy. As with the previous Parley jerseys, they all have color-matched sponsor logos except for Minnesota who has the big white bullseye on the chest:

spacer.png

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

I just find it funny that the way they promote sustainability is to create a "recycled" jersey that is only worn once and never again. Kinda dilutes the message, doesn't it? If the NHL can do the whole PrimeGreen thing with their regular jerseys, can't they do that with MLS products as well? 

• Like 5

spacer.png

Visit my website at SSmith Designs (google.com)

11 minutes ago, SSmith48 said:

I just find it funny that the way they promote sustainability is to create a "recycled" jersey that is only worn once and never again. Kinda dilutes the message, doesn't it? If the NHL can do the whole PrimeGreen thing with their regular jerseys, can't they do that with MLS products as well? 

The regular kits are already made using recycled materials. What makes the Parley kits different is that they use a yarn that contains 50% recycled ocean plastic. I’m fine with them doing the Parley jerseys because it’s a worthy cause to promote, I just hate that they’re worn in matches. Either make team-colored versions or only have them used as prematch tops.

• Like 3

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

29 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

The regular kits are already made using recycled materials. What makes the Parley kits different is that they use a yarn that contains 50% recycled ocean plastic. I’m fine with them doing the Parley jerseys because it’s a worthy cause to promote, I just hate that they’re worn in matches. Either make team-colored versions or only have them used as prematch tops.

Or just make every jersey all season long out of this ocean-plastic fabric. 

I agree that it's an important and worthy cause, but doing it as a one-off is more about feel-good marketing than actually embracing change. It's like someone saying, "I recycle, but only on Earth Day."

• Like 6

On 2023-04-16 at 12:59 AM, upperV03 said:

One more thing for tonight, I just noticed that St. Louis did indeed wear their secondaries at home against Cincinnati but debuted the navy shorts with them:

spacer.png

Seriously, they should just wear the navy shorts full time. With both kits.

Their pinkish-red is kinda off-putting as the primary kit color, probably even worse monochrome, but I really like it as a trim color.

• Like 2
  • Dislike 1

19 minutes ago, gosioux76 said:

Or just make every jersey all season long out of this ocean-plastic fabric. 

I agree that it's an important and worthy cause, but doing it as a one-off is more about feel-good marketing than actually embracing change. It's like someone saying, "I recycle, but only on Earth Day."

Agreed. Nike has been making kits out of recycled plastic bottles for over a decade; they’ve of course highlighted that in their releases but they haven’t felt a need to make special kits for it. 

• Like 2

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

Still no shirt release, but Montréal wore the shorts from their new primary kit in tonight’s Canadian Championship match:

spacer.png

spacer.png

Wasn’t totally clear in the latest leaks whether the new shirt has white or light gray accents; these shorts seem to show that it’ll be a light gray. Nice to see black shorts instead of blue. Would assume the socks of the new kit will be blue, but we’ll have to wait and see.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

We had a full slate of US Open Cup matches last night and will again tonight, but I’m gonna jump ahead and give my predictions for this weekend’s MLS matches. * = confirmed shirt and/or full kit choice.

Nashville (all-yellow) vs. Atlanta (stripes/black/red)

Columbus (all-yellow) vs. Miami (all-black)

DC (all-black) vs. *Charlotte (blue/white/blue)

*New England (all-navy) vs. Cincy (all-orange)

Orlando (all-purple) vs. LAG (all-white)

Toronto (gray/red/gray) vs. NYCFC (all-city blue)

Austin (green/black/black) vs. San Jose (all-light gray)

Chicago (navy/navy/red) vs. NYRB (all-yellow)

SKC (all-navy) vs. Montreal (all-gray)

St. Louis (all-pink/red) vs. Portland (all-green)

*RSL (red/navy/red) vs. *Seattle (all-green)

Vancouver (all-white) vs. Colorado (burgundy/light blue/burgundy)

Minnesota (all-black) vs. Dallas (all-white)

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

Here’s a guess at this week’s matchups. * = confirmed shirt and/or full kit choice.

*Charlotte (blue/white/blue) vs. NYCFC (all-orange)

Cincy (royal/navy/navy) vs. DC (all-white)

Miami (all-pink) vs. Atlanta (stripes/black/red)

Montreal (all-gray) vs. Orlando (all-purple)

NYRB (all-red) vs. Philadelphia (tan/blue/blue)

San Jose (all-black) vs. LAFC (all-smog)

Toronto (gray/red/gray) vs. *New England (all-white)

Dallas (red/blue/blue) vs. St. Louis (all-gray)

*Houston (all-orange) vs. *RSL (all-gold)

Nashville (all-yellow) vs. Chicago (navy/navy/red)

*LAG (all-white) vs. Colorado (burgundy/blue/burgundy)

Portland (all-green) vs. Austin (all-mint)

Vancouver (white/navy/white) vs. Minnesota (all-black)

*Seattle (dragon/black/black) vs. SKC (all-sporting blue)

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

TOR-NE is interesting in that I don’t think the Revs had shown white shorts and socks with their new away kit at all before …. think I like this better for them though, at least with the faux-River Plate shirt.