infrared41's Best and Worst: NFL Week 13 - 2022

After a less than stellar run for a while there, week 13 was stacked with good looking match ups. The competition for the top spot should have been fierce, but the #1 game is all but impossible to beat. I'm sure there will be some debate over who got the #1 spot and I'm not sure I'd strongly disagree with any of your choices. We also had the rare "this uniform is so bad, it's making the worst list all by itself.  Let's go to the big board...

BEST

1. Packers - Bears: Full disclosure - when these two teams meet wearing these uniforms, Vegas takes the odds of who gets the top spot on my list off the boards. The sharps know it's automatic and everyone else is playing for the #2 slot. In my not so humble opinion, this is the best uniform match up in the NFL.

WEsKAMc.jpg

2. Steelers - Falcons: It's not fair that this game had to compete with Packers - Bears, but it did and that's the only reason this one is in the #2 slot. Kudos to the Falcons for the gold stripes on the helmet. Yeah, I know gold isn't part of their color scheme, but I don't care. It's cool, it's quirky, and it totally works. The sooner the Falcons give up on having the dumbest uniforms in the league and go back to the throwbacks full time, the better off we'll all be. Never change, Steelers.

OhzYc6t.jpg

3. Chargers - Raiders: Damn, you know it was a good week when this game can only manage the #3 slot. Another classic. It feels like the Raiders haven't been on the best list as often as they should be this season. Great looking game - and #1 in pretty much any other week.

YRkH67b.jpg

4. Bills - Patriots: The Pats throwbacks and the Bill in all white at #4? Blame the competition and the long johns look with the socks. The throwbacks are the Patriots best look. You can disagree if you want, but you'll still be wrong.

wEruTcT.jpg.

5. Colts - Cowboys: You know week 13 was a real banger when this one is last on the best list. It was cool seeing the Cowboys bring back the 1976 helmet stripes.

hDszW1U.jpg

WORST

1. The Cincinnati Bengals: Someone thought these uniforms were a good idea. That person should be fired and then arrested. Good Lord.

alYM7Ro.jpg

2. Broncos - Ravens: There are a lot of people who like the Ravens wearing purple over black. I'm not one of them. Let's hope the Broncos do better with the upcoming change. I doubt they will, but you never know.

9OgXJM6.jpg

That's a wrap.

• Like 4

BB52Big.jpg

Normally I agree with your football uniform takes, but I don't get what's so offensive about the Bengals uniforms. 

They're not monochrome, they wore socks that contrast with the pants, there's no ugly side panel or yoke, they don't have some dumb number font or striping treatment, and the jersey stripes match the helmet stripes. As far as a modern football uniform goes they're pretty restrained. What's the problem? 

FNEXPAX36JGJ5EUBZTEQSI4V7E.jpg

My only criticism is they keep wearing them against the Chiefs, but at least the black pants are there for contrast. Would've been harder to watch if they'd worn the white pants. 

1235638239.0.jpg?resize=840,560&ssl=1

• Like 14

PvO6ZWJ.png

19 minutes ago, Sport said:

Normally I agree with your football uniform takes, but I don't get what's so offensive about the Bengals uniforms. 

They're not monochrome, they wore socks that contrast with the pants, there's no ugly side panel or yoke, they don't have some dumb number font or striping treatment, and the jersey stripes match the helmet stripes. As far as a modern football uniform goes they're pretty restrained. What's the problem? 

My only criticism is they keep wearing them against the Chiefs, but at least the black pants are there for contrast. Would've been harder to watch if they'd worn the white pants. 

The Bengals uniforms just aren't good and for some reason every single time someone has a negative comment you jump in to defend them. Yes they are better than the previous set, but just about anything would be.  Just because you are a fan of a team doesn't mean you can't admit they have ugly uniforms. 

• Like 2
  • Huh? 2
  • Yawn 1
  • Dislike 4

6 minutes ago, VDizzle12 said:

The Bengals uniforms just aren't good and for some reason every single time someone has a negative comment you jump in to defend them. Yes they are better than the previous set, but just about anything would be.  Just because you are a fan of a team doesn't mean you can't admit they have ugly uniforms. 

In my eyes the Bengals uniforms are inoffensive at worst and great at best. It's not hometown bias on Sport's part. It's subjective, of course, but there's no need to dictate where someone can spout their opinion on a forum where spouting opinions on uniforms is the entire purpose of the site. Jumping in to defend opinions is the lifeblood of this site, otherwise there'd be nothing to talk about here.

• Like 8

lBzmcSM.png

Perrin Grubb | Aspiring Designer | NAFA Project ~ NFL Redesigns

On 12/8/2022 at 10:13 AM, VDizzle12 said:

The Bengals uniforms just aren't good

I don't agree, but that's an opinion you're allowed to have. 

and for some reason every single time someone has a negative comment you jump in to defend them.

I don't do it every time, but if you have a problem with it you can educate yourself on where to find the "Ignore" feature.

Yes they are better than the previous set, but just about anything would be. 

I agree. 

Just because you are a fan of a team doesn't mean you can't admit they have ugly uniforms. 

That's actually laughable. Nobody hated their uniforms from 2004-2020 more than me. I had no problem trashing them for 17 years. I have no problem pointing out some of the current uniform's flaws (the Finding Nemo pants, for instance). I'm not a fan of the uniforms because I'm a fan of the team. I'm a fan of the uniforms because I think they're good uniforms. If I didn't think they were good uniforms I'd say as much. 

I'm just honestly asking Red what he thinks is so wrong about them. 

• Like 2

PvO6ZWJ.png

13 minutes ago, Sport said:

That's actually laughable. Nobody hated their uniforms from 2004-2020 more than me [1]. I had no problem trashing them 17 years. I have no problem pointing out some of the current uniform's flaws (the Finding Nemo pants, for instance). I'm not a fan of the uniforms because I'm a fan of the team. I'm a fan of the uniforms because I think they're good uniforms. If I didn't think they were good uniforms I'd say as much. 

I'm just honestly asking Red what he thinks is so wrong about them[2]. 

1 - Highlighted for truth.

2 - Not Red, but I'll take a shot. My football aesthetic doesn't like it when pants are a darker color than the jersey, UNLESS the jersey is white. There's nothing WRONG with the combo, but I don't like it.

• Like 3

It's where I sit.

1 hour ago, Sport said:

The Bengals looked like an NFL themed Halloween party. I like the orange jerseys over white, I can live with the white jerseys over black, I can ignore monochrome black, but orange jerseys over black pants is a bridge too far. It's butt ugly and they look ridiculous...in my opinion.

• Like 1

BB52Big.jpg

Only gripes I have with Cincinnati's current set are the orange stripes on the white pants (switch to black and they're fine) and thicken the number outlines, at least on the orange jersey. Everything else? Leave 'em alone.

• Like 7

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

On 12/7/2022 at 11:16 PM, infrared41 said:

In my not so humble opinion, this is the best uniform match up in the NFL

I don't think it's opinion. I think it's fact.
I don't care for either team but the looks, for the most part, have been around since Jesus was watching the NFL in his manger. History + good aesthetics make it a fact*.

On 12/7/2022 at 11:16 PM, infrared41 said:

The Pats throwbacks and the Bill in all white at #4? Blame the competition and the long johns look with the socks. The throwbacks are the Patriots best look. You can disagree if you want, but you'll still be wrong.

I love my Bills and I think the Pats throwbacks are great but there needed to be a little less white. Even if the Bills just wore some blue socks.......and here I go talking about socks again. 

*- obviously i'm being a bit tongue in cheek here. Everyone is entitled to their opinion.

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

We can’t state our opinions about sports uniforms on a forum based around talking about sports logos and uniforms? Damn, what a shame.

Anyway,

I thought Commanders-Giants was a relatively above average matchup. Mostly due to the Giants throwbacks, and it’s clear that Washington’s uniforms aren’t exactly anyone’s cup of tea, but its a good color matchup.

spacer.png

• Meh 1

34 minutes ago, -Akronite- said:

The Bengals look absolutely fantastic in their orange jerseys with black pants, better designed and color balanced than those white pants.

In the spirit of an opinion-based forum I'm gonna say anyone who disagrees should be murdered on sight.

I'll take my chances. You're wrong.  They're ugly as hell. 😎

• Like 1
  • LOL 3

BB52Big.jpg