NFL 2023 Changes

DCarp1231

Thielen spotted working out in a silver decal-less helmet.  I'm not sure how things work in the offseason for helmets, I know they get reconditioned.. Yet, is this any kind of indication.? Someone on twitter asked, so I figured to defer to the uniform pros.

Edited by officeglenn
Formatting

18 minutes ago, throwuascenario said:

Is there still a chance the Panthers change this year? If so, any leakings on what direction they could be headed?

I really hope they don't change. They absolutely nailed the jerseys from day 1. I do think silver muddies up the color scheme and would much rather them wear a blue helmet and blue pants full time. Would look fantastic with the home and away sets. But they would never make that change alone. If it even came at all, it would come with trashy "modern" jerseys that set them on the 5-year carousel to hell.

Let's hope they learned from their mistakes at QB and don't make the same with the unis. Sometimes what you have is as good as you're gonna get. Changing just to change is not the answer.

Believe they are changing. From the looks of it I think they are getting rid of Silver from all their graphics on Social Media 

53 minutes ago, SteeloGreen said:

Thielen spotted working out in a silver decal-less helmet.  I'm not sure how things work in the offseason for helmets, I know they get reconditioned.. Yet, is this any kind of indication.? Someone on twitter asked, so I figured to defer to the uniform pros.

I believe they are getting rid of Silver entirely. Take a look at the Panthers IG account of signings and look at the top right 

Edited by officeglenn
Formatting

24 minutes ago, throwuascenario said:

Is there still a chance the Panthers change this year? If so, any leakings on what direction they could be headed?

100% chance but no leaks yet

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

4 minutes ago, TreyEight said:

I believe they are getting rid of Silver entirely. Take a look at the Panthers IG account of singings and look at the top right 

Yeah, I believe it's happening, its more Blue/White/Black than anything getting posted now.

3 minutes ago, SteeloGreen said:

Yeah, I believe it's happening, its more Blue/White/Black than anything getting posted now.

DJ Moore tweeted about Matte White Helmets before he got traded. I wouldn't be surprised if they go for the Tar Heels look. White helmet, blue tops, white bottoms.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, throwuascenario said:

I really hope they don't change. They absolutely nailed the jerseys from day 1. I do think silver muddies up the color scheme and would much rather them wear a blue helmet and blue pants full time. Would look fantastic with the home and away sets. But they would never make that change alone. If it even came at all, it would come with trashy "modern" jerseys that set them on the 5-year carousel to hell.

Let's hope they learned from their mistakes at QB and don't make the same with the unis. Sometimes what you have is as good as you're gonna get. Changing just to change is not the answer.

Panthers jerseys are still on discount on Fanatics, so much like Arizona you might want to prepare for some modifications.

56 minutes ago, McCall said:

Charlotte FC scores fourth straight home win at Bank of America Stadium |  WFAE 90.7 - Charlotte's NPR News Source

Honestly, I'd have no problem with white helmet / blue jersey / white pants. I'd rather they just keep their current blue jerseys, but I can live with it if it's tasteful.

I'd still prefer blue / black / blue but that wouldn't be bad.

• Like 5

Carolina Panthers (2012 - Pres)Carolina Hurricanes (2000 - Pres)

1 minute ago, throwuascenario said:

Honestly, I'd have no problem with white helmet / blue jersey / white pants. I'd rather they just keep their current blue jerseys, but I can live with it if it's tasteful.

I'd still prefer blue / black / blue but that wouldn't be bad.

Theres going to be some kind of modification/simplification.  Current jerseys Black/Blue both have the silver in them.  If they are dropping silver then the jerseys are going to changed.

5 minutes ago, SteeloGreen said:

Theres going to be some kind of modification/simplification.  Current jerseys Black/Blue both have the silver in them.  If they are dropping silver then the jerseys are going to changed.

There's a tiny amount of silver that could easily just be switched to white. That's what I'd want but it's obviously not what they'll do. I think the palatability of the uniforms will come down to helmet color. White or blue helmet and they're on their way to doing well. Black helmets and the whole thing will be a train wreck no matter what.

Just now, CDCLT said:

I would be totally ok with white/blue/white being our look. I'd imagine some kind of blackout color rush would be the alt.

The blue pops on the black jerseys in a way it doesn't as the base for a jersey. Still, as long as the jerseys aren't overly modern trash, it will still be decent enough.

I really hope they don't touch the logo. It's perfect as it is.

• Like 2

Carolina Panthers (2012 - Pres)Carolina Hurricanes (2000 - Pres)

Just now, JOEYxFRESCO said:

Really gonna miss the silver for Carolina. Something about the silver lids made the black/blue really pop

I liked the silver in the Silver/Black/Gray set.. that's about it.  Silver/White/White Never did it for me. Thus as time went on and they went with other uniform combinations the Silver just became out of place.  I think its time for a refresh.  HOPEFULLY they address the useless tv numbers on the sleeves as well.

1 minute ago, throwuascenario said:

There's a tiny amount of silver that could easily just be switched to white. That's what I'd want but it's obviously not what they'll do. I think the palatability of the uniforms will come down to helmet color. White or blue helmet and they're on their way to doing well. Black helmets and the whole thing will be a train wreck no matter what.

The blue pops on the black jerseys in a way it doesn't as the base for a jersey. Still, as long as the jerseys aren't overly modern trash, it will still be decent enough.

I really hope they don't touch the logo. It's perfect as it is.

The logo could use some tweaks IMO but I don't think they'll change it. I'm for us switching to blue as our primary jersey color so that we can own that look and set ourselves apart from the NFC South. My ideal set would have blue helmets to truly create a unique look for the team but I'm ok with white/blue/white.

the user formerly known as cdclt

Just now, CDCLT said:

The logo could use some tweaks IMO but I don't think they'll change it. I'm for us switching to blue as our primary jersey color so that we can own that look and set ourselves apart from the NFC South. My ideal set would have blue helmets to truly create a unique look for the team but I'm ok with white/blue/white.

I would love blue lids for us if they are done properly.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, burgundy said:

Nope, only jerseys have to stay for five years, because that's what sells the most. The Eagles' black helmet will be a one and done*, and the Rams showed that even primary helmets don't need to last very long.

* Unless their attempt to get the league to allow third helmets is permitted.