NFL 2023 Changes

DCarp1231

5 minutes ago, HOOVER said:

@TruColor have you asked the Reddit leaker about what they know in regards to Carolina’s new duds?

He's trying to find out, but can't get anything yet.

He also mentioned another alt helmet coming which I hadn't heard of.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, TruColor said:

One of the reasons I'm trusting this Reddit user is the level of detail he's providing. And, he's not really a uniform aficionado per se. He also described the helmet down to the letter from the other sources I've seen and heard about.

He is the one who gave me the Pantone values - he read them right off of the press release he apparently has in his possession. I'm not even sure he has all that much Pantone knowledge to make them up. The colors he provided make sense as far as what I can expect from Nike and overall general uniform manufacturing. The individual color choices seem reasonable from a production standpoint. Nothing too out of the ordinary; tried and tested colors. Just a very different combination than we're used to for the Cardinals, or any NFL team to be honest.

It probably is all true, but I still can't believe it's happening. Could be the most radical change we've seen. Traditionalists are gonna HATE this! However, I am keeping a somewhat open mind. I'd like to see how it all comes together.

If I'm wrong about any of it, I'll be back to take my public flogging.

Traditionalists already hate the Cardinals’ uniforms. I’d like simple for them, but if they can make the elements flow together well, then anything can work. 

3 hours ago, GhostOfNormMacdonald said:

Coming from the midwest to Phoenix, the Cardinals brand  doesn't seem that stron when compared to how other states treat their teams.  growing up I saw Vikings stuff everywhere, even when I visited family in SD. Like the NFL and supporting some midwestern team (Packers, Chiefs, Bears)  is just the default. Down here, no one cares about the Cardinals really. It's mostly apathy or                    just not caring about football at all.      it's so diffeentirely. the cards can def afford toswitch it up. Almost no one down here will care, it might even draw more interest and make it feel more     "authentically" Arizonan instead of the basic brand they have now that could be in any city.        also, please fix thetyping on mobile,I feel like my flphone is having a seizure   

I think you need to come closer to the western part of Phoenix(Glendale, Peoria, Surprise, Goodyear, West Phoenix/Maryvale area, Because this is more football than anything East Valley will give you. I think ibe seen more Suns/Carcinals gear in the area. Than in the East Valley, this is coming from someome thats been raised and lived all over Phoenix for almost 37 years

19 hours ago, GhostOfNormMacdonald said:

Coming from the midwest to Phoenix, the Cardinals brand  doesn't seem that stron when compared to how other states treat their teams.  growing up I saw Vikings stuff everywhere, even when I visited family in SD. Like the NFL and supporting some midwestern team (Packers, Chiefs, Bears)  is just the default. Down here, no one cares about the Cardinals really. It's mostly apathy or                    just not caring about football at all.      it's so diffeentirely. the cards can def afford toswitch it up. Almost no one down here will care, it might even draw more interest and make it feel more     "authentically" Arizonan instead of the basic brand they have now that could be in any city.        also, please fix thetyping on mobile,I feel like my flphone is having a seizure   

locals and fans of the team disagree with these transplant takes.

• Applause 1

The cardinals tweeted this out 30 min ago, with the current jersey. if we are indeed getting new uniforms, 

I find it interesting that they wouldn't wait to do something like this.

a2BRS8U.png

38 minutes ago, H11K said:

The cardinals tweeted this out 30 min ago, with the current jersey. if we are indeed getting new uniforms, 

I find it interesting that they wouldn't wait to do something like this.

Not really. They want to get people to enter now, not wait until after the unveiling, which would only be 10 days before the draft, as opposed to 24 days now. All it says is a jersey from their first draft pick. I'm sure most fans would be ok if it's not the jersey pictured.

• Like 7

The Cards have been using this look on social for a little while, interesting here is the gradient from orange to maroon/cardinal on the left side and the orange drop shadow on the last name. The X and logo are still showing an athletic gold color but the drop shadow and top left are definitely orange.

• Like 1

The football gods have tortured Cardinals fans since 1898 and there's no reason they should stop now. That being said, I think the Cardinals should go as wild as possible with this rebrand. And when I say wild, I mean WILD.  Change the name to the CARDZ (all caps) make the helmets orange with a grey facemask (preserving tradition) and give us an all-black home set (or the #DRIPPY set, as we'll call it). Meanwhile, the road unis (or the #REZPECT set)  will have an orange top and a red bottom. The alternates (#IMPACTZ) will be made to look like the body of an actual cardinal, complete with the triangle "feathers" Nike designed for the Atlanta Hawks almost a decade ago. It will be terrible and glorious at the same time. So c'mon Nike! Pull the trigger and make these monstrosities a reality! I dare ya! 

• LOL 1

9 hours ago, DCarp1231 said:

This likely won’t happen at least for another four years, but good grief do I want Washington to swap their alt black helmet for gold. I don’t even care if they keep the same decal design. Just anything but all black.

I want them to burn that whole identity. Including the stupid name.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, eRay said:

The Cards have been using this look on social for a little while, interesting here is the gradient from orange to maroon/cardinal on the left side and the orange drop shadow on the last name. The X and logo are still showing an athletic gold color but the drop shadow and top left are definitely orange.

If I didn't know any better I'd swear that was posted by the Commanders...

• Like 6
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 1

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||