NFL 2023 Changes

DCarp1231

3 hours ago, HOOVER said:

TruColor, when are you going to spill the beans on what you know?  Give us the Reddit rumors and the rest of the juicy details you’ve learned.

Grey & Athletic Gold additions…or is that Athletic Gold actually truly Orange?  

Shifting from Cardinal Red to a deeper, darker shade, almost Maroon?

Definite facemask change?

Don’t hold out on us.

In your eyes, athletic gold is orange, but you need to realize that orange is more balanced yellow and red. Athletic gold is 65% to 80% yellow.

1 hour ago, TruColor said:

My Reddit contact said that the Draft Hats we're seeing are placeholder hats or something. Not the real ones.

Not sure how much you've heard about the Panthers but - are the Panthers' draft hats placeholders or are they keeping the color scheme?

the user formerly known as cdclt

2 minutes ago, Silver_Star said:

In your eyes, athletic gold is orange, but you need to realize that orange is more balanced yellow and red. Athletic gold is 65% to 80% yellow.

No, there was some debate on a Cardinals forum as the Reddit leaker was calling it Orange and mocked it up as such, but @TruColor suspected that he was misinterpreting Athletic Gold for Orange.

I don’t know what the current consensus is.

2 minutes ago, HOOVER said:

No, there was some debate on a Cardinals forum as the Reddit leaker was calling it Orange and mocked it up as such, but @TruColor suspected that he was misinterpreting Athletic Gold for Orange.

I don’t know what the current consensus is.

They are the exact colors as I used in the helmet concept. Exactly those.

• Like 3
  • Applause 2

1 minute ago, TruColor said:

They are the exact colors as I used in the helmet concept. Exactly those.

I think this is a good move for the Cardinals to take a leap into new colors.  Execution sounds like it might be wonky, but I’m looking forward to it.  Either way, with the coach/GM change and then a big brand update, it’ll help reinvigorate the franchise and the fanbase.

• Like 1

Well then...[something that looks like] maroon and [something that looks like] orange...if nothing else it'd instantly be, at least on the surface, one of the more unique colorways in pro sports. (Also, I 100% believe desert gray or whatver they're gonna call it will somehow be present in the new brand, as well.) Doesn't surprise me that they'd go for a darkened red—it syncs up with the Coyotes' and DBacks' sedona-ish red, as well. And of course, being that this is the era of The Swoosh...I wouldn't be the slightest bit surprised if that design team saw that picture of the pyrrhuloxia (sp?), saw the colors of its plumage, flew back up to Beaverton and started cooking up their own special blend of seasonings in their lab.

All that said: this is either gonna be really good, or really not good...

• Like 6

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Just now, AgentColon2 said:

But did he think they were #fire?

Not just #fire...#DESERTfire. You know, kinda like Cuban NOS...

• LOL 3

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Really looking forward to this.  Maroon/orange/white/gray could be awesome... if they keep it simple and don't go super wild with fonts and panels.  The sample jerseys posted suck - that font is ridiculous, even if it's only showing the 1.  

Get rid of the helmet stripe, make the face mask maroon (or white.. don't matter), and maybe make the white sleeve stripe gray, and this works for me.

6366c5fb78b28.image.jpg?resize=1200,918

• Like 5
  • LOL 1

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

51 minutes ago, TruColor said:

They're not red-flaked.

Red being the key word here lol

What we know so far: 

Logo is not changing. 

White helmets are coming back

Facemask is not gray (though with this rumored color palette, gray might not look that bad)

Maroon, orange and gray could very well be the new colors

Metallic flake will be used (we just don't know what color)

The number font might be the current font, just poorly illustrated in the tweet.  Assuming a maroon cardinal head on a white helmet, possibly with an orange facemask. 

• Like 3

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

23 minutes ago, HOOVER said:

I think this is a good move for the Cardinals to take a leap into new colors.  Execution sounds like it might be wonky, but I’m looking forward to it.  Either way, with the coach/GM change and then a big brand update, it’ll help reinvigorate the franchise and the fanbase.

Just what every fan wants: to suddenly be told that all the shirts in their closet are now useless.

• Like 8

6 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

Red being the key word here lol

What we know so far: 

Logo is not changing. 

White helmets are coming back

Facemask is not gray (though with this rumored color palette, gray might not look that bad)

Maroon, orange and gray could very well be the new colors

Metallic flake will be used (we just don't know what color)

The number font might be the current font, just poorly illustrated in the tweet.  Assuming a maroon cardinal head on a white helmet, possibly with an orange facemask. 

He told me his Photoshop skills are not good...he was just trying to convey a general idea.

Facemask isn't Orange either.

• Like 4

So... from this to this?

CMLu2WK.png

It's not as drastic as I thought it would be. Although it sounds like the colors will be distributed differently in the new identity.

I always imagine the Cardinal Red being so much brighter than it really is.

• Like 10

"If things have gone wrong, I'm talking to myself, and you've got a wet towel wrapped around your head."

1 minute ago, Bathysphere said:

Just what every fan wants: to suddenly be told that all the shirts in their closet are now useless.

How would a team changing color schemes make all previous merchandise useless? I'm sure Bucs fans can wear both the pewter and creamsicle merch without any problem

• Like 4

spacer.png