NFL 2023 Changes

DCarp1231

Just now, IceCap said:

It's always great when a 100+ year old franchise changes its colour scheme. 

A 100+ year old franchise with a legacy of failure and irrelevance between three cities

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
  • Meh 2
  • Facepalm 1

spacer.png

Just now, Jamesizzo said:

A 100+ year old franchise with a legacy of failure and irrelevance between three cities

🤷🏻‍♂️

Seems like chasing a flavour of the month thing isn't a great step forward. What happens when the new car smell wears off and they're still not winning Super Bowls? 

Everyone going "tEhEr IrRelEvanT" is, well, sorry. You're wrong. No team in the NFL is irrelevant. The Cardinals have more brand cache then some MLB , NHL, and NBA teams. 

They're the oldest team in the league and over a century old. Just go back to the uniforms with the flags on the sleeves. There was dignity in simplicity. 

• Like 6
  • Yawn 1

2 hours ago, TruColor said:

My Reddit contact said that the Draft Hats we're seeing are placeholder hats or something. Not the real ones.

I'm calling bullsh!it on this one. The hats are in stock and ready to ship. They wouldn't manufacture thousands upon thousands of placeholder hats that would be obsolete by the time the draft happens.

My guess is that this reddit guy is looking at photos that have terrible lighting and/or saturation. Cardinal and gold in poor lighting look an awful lot like "maroon and orange".

• Like 7

spacer.png

34 minutes ago, IceCap said:

It's always great when a 100+ year old franchise changes its colour scheme. 

Did you know the oldest NBA franchise is the Sacramento Kings?

• Like 4
  • WOAH 2
  • Meh 1

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

11 minutes ago, burgundy said:

I'm calling bullsh!it on this one. The hats are in stock and ready to ship. They wouldn't manufacture thousands upon thousands of placeholder hats that would be obsolete by the time the draft happens.

My guess is that this reddit guy is looking at photos that have terrible lighting and/or saturation. Cardinal and gold in poor lighting look an awful lot like "maroon and orange".

Have you seen thousands of those hats?

It's where I sit.

Could it be we’re getting info about an alternate uniform? Do the new alternate “rules” allow for a “city connect”style alt? Those colors are very desert sunset/southwest, just a though.

19 minutes ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

Did you know the oldest NBA franchise is the Sacramento Kings?

I don't care about the Cards doing whatever they're doing but this isn't a good comparison since the Kings haven't been using the same color scheme for nearly a century

• Like 4

4 hours ago, TruColor said:

Someone else here already brought this up (I thought of it as well), but it seems fairly obvious this would be a move towards the coloration of a Desert Cardinal, or Pyrrhuloxia:

spacer.png

I've had this idea kicking around in my head for a while. I'm also surprised they haven't tried it at some point in the last 40 years since moving to the desert. I had a color in mind as something they could own, like their version of the Bucs' pewter:

SUoUfZo.png

1 minute ago, Cosmic said:

I've had this idea kicking around in my head for a while. I'm also surprised they haven't tried it at some point in the last 40 years since moving to the desert. I had a color in mind as something they could own, like their version of the Bucs' pewter:

SUoUfZo.png

aka “Gruel”

• Like 2
"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

45 minutes ago, burgundy said:

I have the alleged Pantone values. It's not "terrible lighting".

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, bowld said:

These seats are going to look awfully out of place if the team goes to Maroon over Red-

spacer.png

I was just saying to my wife that if they go through with this, it will probably be in conjunction with stadium renovations...everything there is Red, Black, Yellow and Gray...

• Like 4

This...

4 hours ago, TruColor said:

Someone else here already brought this up (I thought of it as well), but it seems fairly obvious this would be a move towards the coloration of a Desert Cardinal, or Pyrrhuloxia:

spacer.png

And this...

1 hour ago, Survival79 said:

So... from this to this?

CMLu2WK.png

It's not as drastic as I thought it would be. Although it sounds like the colors will be distributed differently in the new identity.

I always imagine the Cardinal Red being so much brighter than it really is.

...remind me of my submission for our Cardinals redesign contest:

Piecing these rumors together, it's almost like they're going with the desert cardinal for their primary look and the maroon, orange, etc., look for a City Edition-style alternate.

1 hour ago, IceCap said:

🤷🏻‍♂️

Seems like chasing a flavour of the month thing isn't a great step forward. What happens when the new car smell wears off and they're still not winning Super Bowls? 

Everyone going "tEhEr IrRelEvanT" is, well, sorry. You're wrong. No team in the NFL is irrelevant. The Cardinals have more brand cache then some MLB , NHL, and NBA teams. 

They're the oldest team in the league and over a century old. Just go back to the uniforms with the flags on the sleeves. There was dignity in simplicity. 

Obviously they aren't truly irrelevant, but I mean, look through out NFL history, with what's remembered and shown in those docs, iconic pictures, and NFL films stuff, or hell even iconic players, the Cardinals as a team, and as a result, their brand, are utterly abandoned and forgotten about, outside of Super Bowl 43, and maybe when they talk about Ottis Anderson prior to Super Bowl 25. I think they should stick with red white and black, because it looks good, but I think overhauling the brand isn't really ridiculous or unquestionable, it's fairly logical, and if it looks good, it looks good, and frankly I don't think we're losing that much. I think people know that if they change colors, the team isn't magically become good, but the teams brand has been a mess for nearly 20 years and needs fixing, and if it looks good with a overhaul, that's fine, there's no real cardinals tradition. 

• Like 2
I have borderline personality disorder, if my posts ever come off as aggressive or word vomit-y to you, please let me know.