NFL 2023 Changes

DCarp1231

59 minutes ago, TruColor said:

I have NO idea if this rumored Maroon, Orange and Silver color palette is actually happening, but I have been talking with that Reddit user a lot, and he definitely has connections. I mean, I've now got the Pantone values for them and the silly Nike-speak for the colors ("Desert Night" for the Black for example). Seems incredulous that they would go in this direction. There's a lot more to the design of the uniforms than you're seeing there - these are extremely basic compared to what this guy is describing to me.

However, he and other contact of mine (who showed me the pic of the new White helmet) both have the exact same descriptions of the helmet. That I DO believe. No idea what the uniforms will actually be. I have a suspicion the Maroon/Orange/Silver could be an abandoned concept that is being put out there to throw us all off.

If this M/O/S design is truly happening, it might be one of the most extreme makeovers we've ever seen. Except for perhaps, the Bucs in '97.

(And they also have a darker Red, Orange and a little Silver in there...hmmm...)

Thanks for sharing - appreciate your detective work!

• Like 4

Just now, TruColor said:

Yeah - there isn't much in this rumored identity.

Just recalling similar changes in the past, it seemed like there was a purpose in something you might post. I just jumped on the absence of black, sort of looking for that confirmation.

It's where I sit.

3 minutes ago, DCarp1231 said:

Southwest Commanders

The Maroon and Orange (they're not actually called that in the Nike-speak palette description mind you), are actually VA Tech's colors.

At least at one time.

• Like 2
  • WOAH 1

Man, now I’m way more intrigued about this.  Sounds like it’ll be something way different than what I was expecting…and I’m trying to figure out how the draft hat fits in. 

• Like 1

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

8 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

Man, now I’m way more intrigued about this.  Sounds like it’ll be something way different than what I was expecting…and I’m trying to figure out how the draft hat fits in. 

I’m looking forward to it; I said awhile back their color scheme is really bland (pitiful if not for their history) and that their brand has probably the lease amount of brand equity and relevancy in the league, if not most of pro sports.

so, I applaud them, if any of this is true, for taking a risk.  This new rumored color palette can work if executed well.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

That’s a good point about the draft cap; would they hold off on unveiling new unis until AFTER the draft?  

Rumor I read had a 4/17 date for an unveiling.

• Like 4

Just now, HOOVER said:

That’s a good point about the draft cap; would they hold off on unveiling new unis until AFTER the draft?  

My Reddit contact said that the Draft Hats we're seeing are placeholder hats or something. Not the real ones.

2 hours ago, TruColor said:

However, he and other contact of mine (who showed me the pic of the new White helmet) both have the exact same descriptions of the helmet. That I DO believe. No idea what the uniforms will actually be. I have a suspicion the Maroon/Orange/Silver could be an abandoned concept that is being put out there to throw us all off.

Sorry if I missed it in a previous post, but what was the description of the white helmet? If you cannot share the info, no problem

16 minutes ago, HOOVER said:

Rumor I read had a 4/17 date for an unveiling.

Most likely they’ll have new draft hats for sale (IMO)

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Just heard that media invites for the Cardinals' unveiling will go out on Monday, and the date is indeed on April 17.

With the helmet details, I am going to keep those safe for now...I'm talking about this other stuff because I'm not sure I believe it either!

• Like 11
  • Applause 1

4 minutes ago, DCarp1231 said:

spacer.png

6 minutes ago, TruColor said:

They're not red-flaked.

We’re not going to get a “as the Cardinal emerges from the desert shadows…” fade job again, are we?

• Like 1
  • LOL 10
  • Sad 1