NFL 2023 Changes

DCarp1231

27 minutes ago, Eszcz21 said:

More confirmation that the Lions alternate helmets will be worn with the color rush and new unis in 2024.

https://www.detroitlions.com/news/10-takeaways-from-rod-wood-s-media-session-sanders-johnson

If it's just a darker grey helmet does it even count? I'd rather they get rid of the greys anyways, they're just ugly.

12 hours ago, HOOVER said:

FWIW - Mecum Auto Auctions is running at State Farm Stadium on those days.  

Do stadiums typically close their team shops when non-football events are taking place?

I'd think they would, since they wouldn't be giving up their store space to sell Frozen on Ice clothing or gear from whatever event is taking place there. It's not the same at the Alamodome, since no team is there, but there are designated locations within the stadium for events to sell their wares and that applies to AT&T Center as well. The Spurs closed their team store for WWE events as well, and some of the non-team store locations were used to sell WWE merch. Too bad Whataburger was closed too though. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

3 hours ago, TBGKon said:
12 hours ago, Cujo said:

Which makes you wonder why Higgins picked #85 to begin with. 🥴🥴

Because 5 was claimed by Ryan Finley thru the 2020 season per this history.

My point.. He could've picked any number 10-19 or 80-89. You can't tell me 85 was the only number available he joined the Bengals 

6uXNWAo.png

14 minutes ago, Cujo said:

My point.. He could've picked any number 10-19 or 80-89. You can't tell me 85 was the only number available he joined the Bengals 

I don't follow the bengals too closely, but did he even have a choice?  Lamb was -given- 88 by Jerry Jones, I don't know if there was a specific story to why he chose 85.  Maybe it's a motivational tactic for him (Changing from 85 to 5), refocusing himself for the upcoming season. *shrug*

Edited by SteeloGreen
context

3 minutes ago, DCarp1231 said:

Tee Higgins college number at Clemson was 5. Chances are he just tacked on 8 because he had to pick a double digit number. Now that single digits for WRs are allowed, the opportunity to return to his old number opened up.

Yeah I did some digging and I think 15 WAS available, but probably not until after he was drafted.  He probably liked the 85 back when he got drafted too.  Nothing wrong with that.

3 hours ago, Eszcz21 said:

More confirmation that the Lions alternate helmets will be worn with the color rush and new unis in 2024.

https://www.detroitlions.com/news/10-takeaways-from-rod-wood-s-media-session-sanders-johnson

Well, the current rules state that an alternate helmet can only be worn with an alternate uniform, so I guess they have no choice.  I still think it’ll be white and will be worn later with an all white uniform once the NFL’s lack of backbone waters down the rules again. 

It’s hard to imagine they’d go with a dark gray helmet when they’re changing the whole uniform in a year. Unless of course they plan on adding even more of that ugly dark gray color with the new look.  Ugh.  Nike sure does have a weird boner for ugly shades of dark gray.  Which is strange because they’ve managed to make a good looking uniform from charcoal gray, anthracite, etc. exactly (let me check)… zero times.  

• Like 9

So are the Cardinals going to announce the changes, or are they going to shadow drop them like the Bucs “Alarm clock” uniforms? Because they’ve been quiet on social media and haven’t posted anything.

59 minutes ago, WBeltz said:

So are the Cardinals going to announce the changes, or are they going to shadow drop them like the Bucs “Alarm clock” uniforms? Because they’ve been quiet on social media and haven’t posted anything.

As much as I would love for all of this smoke to be true about new uniforms... theres some auto event going on at State farm Stadium this weekend, which is likely the reason for the shop closure. Im not getting my hopes up.. 

a2BRS8U.png

11 minutes ago, TruColor said:

The Cardinals changes ARE happening...I have in fact, seen the new helmets.

What’s your opinion on the cardinal facemask? 

……….. 😀

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

15 minutes ago, TruColor said:

The Cardinals changes ARE happening...I have in fact, seen the new helmets.

Are black and white still the options? Or did they decide differently?

Ive heard a few Cards rumors but not sure how accurate they are. Take these with a grain of salt for now-

* Silver/gray is being added to the color palette

* Black may be removed from the color palette or at least used less

* Helmet stays white but has red flakes in it like their black one has

Not sure if this goes here, but the superdome's title sponsor has been Caesars rather then Mercedes since 2021. This isn't reflected in the stadium logos portion of the Saints' page.

caesarssuperdome.png