NFL 2023 Changes

DCarp1231

I feel like it’s safe to assume the Panthers redesign won’t go well. In the past few years they’ve shown a real lack of taste with the bad choices of mix and match combinations as well as that dopey black helmet.  Any team that would Okay that all blue logo (during a time period when this change was already in the works) is not giving me a lot of confidence in their ability to handle an all new uniform.

Hope I’m wrong. 

• Like 18
  • Applause 1

2 hours ago, HOOVER said:

If this is an indicator of things to come, I'm not happy about it, as a Kansas City Chiefs fan, and I can't imagine Clark Hunt & Co. would be either.

This would be a foolish move by Arizona, and a confusing one if approved by the NFL.

What's to be confused about? For one, the Cards are apparently keeping their white helmets. And KC just uses yellow as a trim color, doesn't even appear in their logo.

KC can cry all they want. But if we're being honest, red and yellow have been a part of the Cards palette since getting the Chiefs even existed.

Moving on.

• Huh? 1
  • Facepalm 1

6uXNWAo.png

15 minutes ago, Cujo said:

What's to be confused about? For one, the Cards are apparently keeping their white helmets. And KC just uses yellow as a trim color, doesn't even appear in their logo.

KC can cry all they want. But if we're being honest, red and yellow have been a part of the Cards palette since getting the Chiefs even existed.

Moving on.

Silver does not appear in the Cowboys' logo, yet (albeit different shades) it's one of their colors.

Black does not appear in the Jets' logo, yet is is (unfortunately) one of thier colors.

There is very little green in the Seahawks logo, and very little yellow in the Steelers logo, yet if you ask anyone, Seattle is navy and green and Pittsburgh is yellow and black.

Furthermore, the Chiefs have been using yellow since 1960, and the only time the Cardinals used yellow was on the state flag, which was 1989.

• Like 8

11 minutes ago, Captain Poncho said:

Looks very much to me like the Panther's draft caps have dropped silver entirely.

Can't quite tell if the threads inside the text are silver, but it looks like the "no silver"rumors are true.

Fanatics Site

Not exactly, the full color version of the hat has silver letters

All of the team color hats seem to be the primary jersey color, outside of Baltimore (Ravens hat is black).

Might be a clue that the Panthers will have a blue home jersey...

mens-new-era-blue-carolina-panthers-2023

• Like 5

2 hours ago, oldschoolvikings said:

I feel like it’s safe to assume the Panthers redesign won’t go well. In the past few years they’ve shown a real lack of taste with the bad choices of mix and match combinations as well as that dopey black helmet.  Any team that would Okay that all blue logo (during a time period when this change was already in the works) is not giving me a lot of confidence in their ability to handle an all new uniform.

Hope I’m wrong. 

IF ANYTHING, the firm doing the update/redesign or what have you should be keeping an eye out for reactions from the recent redesigns.  ESPECIALLY the owner. There are plenty to gauge potential pushback from if you really just look around. Bottom line he want's to bring back fan engagement and bring in cash.  Easy route to that, don't put out something that everyone hates. Everyone isn't going to be pleased, which is fine.  I'm a panthers fan and if it goes the Falcons or Commanders route I'm going to be very dissapointed.. Both were huge mistakes design wise.

8 minutes ago, Captain Poncho said:

Looks very much to me like the Panther's draft caps have dropped silver entirely.

Can't quite tell if the threads inside the text are silver, but it looks like the "no silver"rumors are true.

It seems to me like the hat itself is on a light grey canvas and the threads inside are still silver-ish

1 hour ago, Cujo said:

Moving on.

That's like saying the Raiders could add Yellow-Gold into their brand because the Steelers only use it as a trim color.  Stupid.

Look at the uniforms.  Look at the stadiums.  Look at the merch.  The only place you see Yellow-Gold in Arizona anything is in on the beak of the Cardinal.  In Kansas City, it's almost everywhere Red is.

1277403960.0.jpg

Show me on the picture, outside of the Cardinal beak and goal posts, where Yellow-Gold appears for the Cardinal brand.

I tell you what, using your logic, let's just have the Texans, since they're redoing their brand next offseason, add Silver.  That way no one confuses them with the Patriots...

• Like 1

To add, good on the Cards if they start using yellow in their uniforms. It's been a long time coming and will be a breath of fresh air after yearssss of just red and white. Will also go over well with locals who dub as ASU fans.

Also, does anyone know how furious the Ford family is with Dallas for using their colors over the last half-century?

🥴

• Like 4

6uXNWAo.png

12 minutes ago, oldschoolvikings said:

Well...

spacer.png

and...

spacer.png

Yes, and the draft cap is brand new.  

So, 1 hat out of 260 other hats listed on Fanatics used Athletic Gold in the artwork.  1/260.  

Now do the tees.  I just flipped through 5 pages and found 1 Yellow Tee and 1 other shirt that had Athletic Gold in the design.  That's 2 out of 360 tees.  

Athletic Gold, Yellow-Gold, whatever we want to call it, is not part of the Arizona Cardinals brand outside of being used in the Cardinal beak.  It is no more a part of their brand than Yellow & Red are part of the Ravens brand.  It has never been worn on the uniform outside of the Arizona state flag.  

So yes, Kansas City folks would have the right to be upset if Arizona adds it as a core color in their update.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, HOOVER said:

So yes, Kansas City folks would have the right to be upset if Arizona adds it as a core color in their update.

5 hours ago, HOOVER said:

If this is an indicator of things to come, I'm not happy about it, as a Kansas City Chiefs fan, and I can't imagine Clark Hunt & Co. would be either.

This would be a foolish move by Arizona, and a confusing one if approved by the NFL.

Does Arizona use the same Red as Kansas City?  I always thought it was darker.

Seriously, this is already more annoying than Jackson Mahomes. 

Aside from a yellow beak on a red bird, guess what colors are in the AZ state flag? I’m not from AZ nor a Cards fan but I can totally envision why the Cards might add yellow trim to the team color palette. It’s not a reach and it makes sense, unlike some of other things Nike does with rebrands. And if Kansas City is pissed about another team using some variation of red and yellow, tough :censored:, Goldilocks.  Get over yourselves. See all of the red, white, and blue teams this league is filled with. 

• Like 9
  • LOL 1
NYCdog.png

1 hour ago, HOOVER said:

Look, I'm not saying it's going to happen or that I'd even want it to, but whether or not the Cardinals add yellow-gold elements to their uniforms has absolutely zero to do with the Kansas City Chiefs. Would the Chief get upset?  Probably not, but if they did, they can kick rocks. No one cares.

As I Viking fan, did I appreciate it when the Ravens decided to use purple and gold?  Not especially, but you know who didn't give a rat's ass what me or any other Viking fan felt about the choice?  The Ravens.  Anymore than the Panthers spent much time worrying about what the Raiders thought about their silver helmets and pants worn with black jerseys.

Arizona's red is Cardinal red, a dark red noticeably different from the Chiefs' bright scarlet red. If anything, cardinal red and athletic gold makes me think of USC, not KC. Add to that, my guess is that the Cardinals, if they add yellow, would use it in equal amounts to black. Even though the Chiefs have that odd black trim on their logo, black isn't really one of their colors and doesn't show up anywhere else on the uniform.

Giants and Bills... royal and red.

Bears and Broncos... navy and orange.

• Like 10

+1 on the "be careful what you wish for" in the Panthers camp. If I see any "cat scratch" striping then you can throw the entire thing in the garbage. There's not much that needs to be changed. I'd rather they keep the silver than drop it if it means keeping some semblance of the classic set. There's a reason the team hasn't changed before and they shouldn't make too drastic of a change now. I'm hoping that Charlotte FC's emphasis on blue means the team will finally make the change to blue primaries. We can (and almost certainly will) keep the all-black for primetime games but blue primaries would go a long way in endearing me to the set.

The Panthers need to avoid two key pitfalls: stripeless pants and blank, pants-matching socks. I don't have any faith they actually will but if they do then I can't be too upset.

• Like 7

the user formerly known as cdclt

1 hour ago, HOOVER said:

Yes, and the draft cap is brand new.  

So, 1 hat out of 260 other hats listed on Fanatics used Athletic Gold in the artwork.  1/260.  

Now do the tees.  I just flipped through 5 pages and found 1 Yellow Tee and 1 other shirt that had Athletic Gold in the design.  That's 2 out of 360 tees.  

The t-shirts I found with athletic gold:

Spoiler

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

And some other stuff with athletic gold:

Spoiler

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

• Like 5

spacer.png

56 minutes ago, oldschoolvikings said:

Look, I'm not saying it's going to happen or that I'd even want it to, but whether or not the Cardinals add yellow-gold elements to their uniforms has absolutely zero to do with the Kansas City Chiefs. Would the Chief get upset?  Probably not, but if they did, they can kick rocks. No one cares.

As I Viking fan, did I appreciate it when the Ravens decided to use purple and gold?  Not especially, but you know who didn't give a rat's ass what me or any other Viking fan felt about the choice?  The Ravens.  Anymore than the Panthers spent much time worrying about what the Raiders thought about their silver helmets and pants worn with black jerseys.

Arizona's red is Cardinal red, a dark red noticeably different from the Chiefs' bright scarlet red. If anything, cardinal red and athletic gold makes me think of USC, not KC. Add to that, my guess is that the Cardinals, if they add yellow, would use it in equal amounts to black. Even though the Chiefs have that odd black trim on their logo, black isn't really one of their colors and doesn't show up anywhere else on the uniform.

Giants and Bills... royal and red.

Bears and Broncos... navy and orange.

As a Niner fan is a Red & Gold team in the same division, I could care less if the Cards  add Yellow/Gold. Its not a big deal at all. Chargers & Rams are in the same town with the same colors lol

• Like 6

I don't personally take the gold on the draft cap to mean anything definite. Some people like playing up gold for the Cardinals, even though I am in the camp that hardly considers it a team color. Madden graphics, for example, treat the Cardinals as a red and gold team.

EDIT: As an addendum, while I do think there is a way that yellow might look good, I also think that 3 red and gold teams is enough for a 32-team league.

fiowXOD.png