NFL 2023 Changes

DCarp1231

4 hours ago, Pigskin12 said:

Unfortunately, we can expect to see the following looks even less frequently with the addition of all these new throwbacks and alternates:

kansas-city-chiefs-v-tennessee-titans.jp

1450238176.jpg

GettyImages-1448401332.jpg

1244772444.0.jpg

The Titans Columbia Blue jersey is the best thing (out of an overall meh rebrand), so it sucks we will see it once or twice like the Bengals' orange jersey.  Denver is fine. I think we'll still see a decent number of Bucs and Seahawks games in those uniforms, especially Seattle.   

• Like 4

jOfO5Rh.pngaYLRFMy.png1FNdgQe.png

41 minutes ago, NOLAPelicans23 said:

The Titans Columbia Blue jersey is the best thing (out of an overall meh rebrand), so it sucks we will see it once or twice like the Bengals' orange jersey.  Denver is fine. I think we'll still see a decent number of Bucs and Seahawks games in those uniforms, especially Seattle.   

It the Titans would if went with Silver Knight looking helmet like how Rutgers had in the 2010s I think the Set would look way more good

• Like 2
  • Huh? 1

1 hour ago, NOLAPelicans23 said:

The Bucs, sure, but I still see the Seahawks favoring the all navy look, as well as mixing in the neon greens. Throw another alt in the mix (the throwback, which also features a blue over gray look), and I'm worried the navy over gray will be phased out or may only appear once if at all.

The NFL trying to mimic other sport leagues with these numerous alternate uniforms doesn't work quite as well when there are only 17 games as opposed to 82, 162, etc.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, McCall said:

But far fewer regulations and restrictions than the NFL.

Exactly. NFL teams can wear alternates 3 games a year, unless they petition the league for an exemption. Something that has only happened once I believe for the 49ers anniversary season. 

College football only really cares about number legibility and player safety when it comes to uniforms. Teams could wear a a dozen different jerseys throughout the season and it would be perfectly okay. 

Comparing the NFL to college football is a pretty extreme stretch. 

• Like 1

On 4/4/2023 at 2:08 PM, CDCLT said:

I would be totally ok with white/blue/white being our look. I'd imagine some kind of blackout color rush would be the alt.

White/Blue/White. Titans fans might have an issue with it since they’re rolling out the Oilers throwbacks this coming season. Chargers fans might have beef with it too. . 

7 hours ago, jerrylawless3 said:

Titans have officially teased Oilers throwbacks via this oil-barrel teaser video

But aside from the Cardinals (whom are also rebranding), no one is doing White/Black/White. That’s the play the Panthers should make (with blue trim of course) 

NYCdog.png

6 hours ago, Pigskin12 said:

Unfortunately, we can expect to see the following looks even less frequently with the addition of all these new throwbacks and alternates:

kansas-city-chiefs-v-tennessee-titans.jp

GettyImages-1448401332.jpg

How could these possibly be missed in favor of the throwbacks that they are cheap replicas of?

• Huh? 1

1 hour ago, TreyEight said:

It the Titans would if went with Silver Knight looking helmet like how Rutgers had in the 2010s I think the Set would look way more good

The funny thing is that I actually don't disagree with this—well, I can do without all the battle-mark scratches and whatnot, but a dark metallic (anodized?) silver helmet w/ matching pants would've looked pretty sharp with either navy or Columbia blue jerseys...

• Like 3

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

1 hour ago, McCall said:

Steve Harvey Huh GIF - Steve Harvey Huh What - Discover & Share GIFs

spacer.png

Im trying to think of a positive out of negative lol. Maybe not the Rutgers helmet but same texture as the mascot armor but they would have to wear gray bottoms lol. Then again of the they just changed the numbers font it would be much better 🤣 

1 minute ago, shadyloaf said:

I remember back when the Titans were working on their new uniforms, there was a dude on reddit who said he saw them and they were red primary with a silver battle scratched helmet. 

Lol. I remember that. Said Red & Silver was the primary colors. Then when the sneek peaks revealed he fled the scene. I remember people being so upset when at the Number when the Mariota Jersey leaked 

1 hour ago, Pigskin12 said:

At least the Eagles will likely wear black only once or twice with the Kelly Greens coming back.

Since I don’t think they’ll ever drop the black… I hope at some point they redesign the blacks to match the retro look design wise / use Kelly. Would allow for some mixing around too. 

Midnight green on black has never been a great look together.