NFL 2023 Changes

DCarp1231

41 minutes ago, oldschoolvikings said:

The Seahawks' color distribution is all out of whack, anyway. The helmet is navy, with gray and white details, and a tiny drop of green. The home jersey is navy, with a fair amount of gray, green trim and no white. The white jersey has navy numbers, a small amount of green, and no gray. The navy pants have greren trim, but no white, or gray. The gray and white pants have no green. 

WTH?

I’m okay with that kind of thing as long as the set as a whole has all the colors…and sometimes if it doesn’t - I love the Giants’ red-heavy road set. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, oldschoolvikings said:

The Seahawks' color distribution is all out of whack, anyway. The helmet is navy, with gray and white details, and a tiny drop of green. The home jersey is navy, with a fair amount of gray, green trim and no white. The white jersey has navy numbers, a small amount of green, and no gray. The navy pants have greren trim, but no white, or gray. The gray and white pants have no green. 

WTH?

The white on the helmet really bothers me when they're clearly going for a gray-not-white color scheme otherwise. Similar to the white on the Lions helmet logo, but the Lions bother me way more. 

a decade later and the Seahawks jerseys are still as divisive as ever. 

IMO their best home look is blue over gray

road should also be with gray pants. It is a shame they didn't use a silver helmet in the initial design as I feel that would make the uniforms look better

• Like 1

Cal Bears | Miami Dolphins | Cleveland Cavaliers |
@dcjames5

The Seahawks uniforms are just too much. There is a core of a good uniform in there, but its like the designers had some kind of compulsion and couldn't leave them alone once they were finished. They couldn't stop and just kept adding and changing things right up to the deadline and now they're an overly designed, baroque mess. 

• Like 2
  • Dislike 1
  • Eyeroll 1

52 minutes ago, Chromatic said:

The Seahawks uniforms are just too much. There is a core of a good uniform in there, but its like the designers had some kind of compulsion and couldn't leave them alone once they were finished. They couldn't stop and just kept adding and changing things right up to the deadline and now they're an overly designed, baroque mess. 

Baroque? Interesting. Like baroque music and art, they do have a good bit of ornamentation and embellishment. 

1 hour ago, MCM0313 said:

Baroque? Interesting. Like baroque music and art, they do have a good bit of ornamentation and embellishment. 

I was being a bit dramatic with my language, but I was using the term in the sense that it is "characterized by grotesqueness, extravagance, complexity, or flamboyance". Not related to the historical period or specific art style or anything like that. And I do stand by it. I think there is a good uniform at the core of the Seahawks current identity. But with all the little details like overextended shoulder panels, off centre wordmark, mismatch between the shoulder pattern and the rest of the uniform, the tire track on the helmet, etc it really drags it down. 

• Like 3

What REALLY chaps my ass about Nike lately is how freaking small some of these uniform numbers are on the front of the jersey.  They look freaking ridiculous.  These are high-school sizes 8-9" numbers instead of 10" or more.  And I guarantee it's because of that God-awful jersey template. 

BJ Ojulari is only 6'2, 248lbs and that tiny number makes him look like he's 6'8, 285lbs.

It's really noticeable on the big guys but even stands out on some of the smaller skill players.

• Like 3

On 8/26/2023 at 5:43 PM, oldschoolvikings said:

All reflective, or chrome, or metallic thread elements on sports uniforms are garbage. Not usually. Not mostly. Always.   

So you're telling me you prefer this shade of gold:

spacer.png

Over this?

spacer.png

• Like 5

1 hour ago, oldschoolvikings said:

spacer.png

You brought up a completely irrelevant jersey. I was asking if you prefer the flat beige over the metallic gold, not which Penguins jersey is your favourite.

• Like 6
  • Huh? 1

On 8/27/2023 at 11:55 PM, HOOVER said:

What REALLY chaps my ass about Nike lately is how freaking small some of these uniform numbers are on the front of the jersey.  They look freaking ridiculous.  These are high-school sizes 8-9" numbers instead of 10" or more.  And I guarantee it's because of that God-awful jersey template. 

BJ Ojulari is only 6'2, 248lbs and that tiny number makes him look like he's 6'8, 285lbs.

It's really noticeable on the big guys but even stands out on some of the smaller skill players.

These guys look like somebody here opened a blank template in photoshop, realized within 10 minutes they had no idea what they were doing, and called the concept finished.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

3 minutes ago, DCarp1231 said:

The Cardinals uniforms are a vast improvement over their predecessors.

I think what’s throwing a lot of people off is Arizona’s unwillingness to forgo monochrome.

One the white set, I would even be okay if they went all white if the white socks had horizontal stripes at the top. I think that would look killer. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, CS85 said:

These guys look like somebody here opened a blank template in photoshop, realized within 10 minutes they had no idea what they were doing, and called the concept finished.

For a team that historically had a very, very basic uniform, the bland part of it doesn’t bother me.  And I prefer under-designed to over-designed.

It’s the fact that when you go basic, you really need to nail the details, because they are amplified as the only design elements.

These high school-sized front numbers are ridiculous and shows that Nike didn’t learn from the Detroit Debacle.  

The thing is, someone there knows better:  they’ve done large numbers for Oregon and others, even with the stupid new template.  

So that tells me that someone in the process believes the small numbers look better.  They do not.  It’s one reason why UA’s jerseys look so amateur next to Nike’s.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, PlayGloria said:

One the white set, I would even be okay if they went all white if the white socks had horizontal stripes at the top. I think that would look killer. 

I disagree.  White-striped socks and white pants look terrible. 

• Like 1
  • Dislike 1