NFL 2023 Changes

DCarp1231

3 hours ago, coborjobs2010 said:

Here are some tidbits regarding the Texans updates: 

The four uniform combos will be quite different than each other, not just switching out pants and jerseys and helmets. (1)One will be timeless, traditional. (2) Another will be traditional but modernized. (3) One will get wild with the bull theme. (4) One will have the H-Town blue tribute. (5) One was taken from player feedback and be very mean and tough looking.  

And we thought the Commanders and Cardinals combinations were disjointed, this sounds like it turns the dial to an 11.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, coborjobs2010 said:

Adding onto this with what I've seen:

- Expect the primary helmet to be the one with horns. There are a few different colorways, but all of them are either red dominant, or black dominant, with the main variance being details like outlines. Some horn designs use blue sparingly, others don't use it at all.

- There is also an H monogram in the mix, likely reserved for that "tribute to blue" uniform. There are a few variations within the H designs, but for the most part the only noticeable difference is the color (either red or royal blue). I'd assume that the H monogram will be on a white helmet, but don't know for sure. 

- Helmet decals may be partially chrome depending on which designs survive the focus groups

I long for the day when teams realize that fans and players have absolutely no idea how to establish a long-term brand and giving too much weight to their opinion will only lead to gimmicky outdated styles that constantly need to be updated and therefore diluted.

• Like 7
  • Applause 2

5 hours ago, coborjobs2010 said:

Sounds more like they will have the Marlins colors 👍  I hope they drop or minimize the navy.  The mean and tough uniform sounds dope to me!  I would love a black uniform with H-Town blue numbers and a red trim.  As long as all uniforms have elements of red and light blue, that sounds pretty cohesive to me.  And yes to chrome helmet decals!!!

• Like 1
  • Hurl 5
  • Dislike 2

spacer.png

Last updated 5/23

Nike's gonna do to the Texans what they did to the Snatit circa 2019....go from football uniforms to full-on cosplay. Watch...

• Like 6

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

I don't get why players get a vote considering that a high percentage of them won't be on the team next year, and an even higher percentage won't wear them more than one or two seasons.

I'm not one that usually does this, but this sounds horrendous already.  Just like with the AZ Cardinals, the home and road aren't going to be simple recolors, which with very few exceptions, should always be the case.  If you have 4 (or 5?) looks, then you don't have a look.  That's not good.

• Like 6
  • Applause 2

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

9 hours ago, coborjobs2010 said:

"One was taken from player feedback and be very mean and tough looking.  "

So it will be monochromatic and black.

And The "H-Town blue tribute" will probably be the Nike logo.

• Like 2

So,  Nike just plans on making the NFL as NBA as possible. I feel like most teams that make a uniform change are going to start having home and road uniforms that are completely different from each other than an alternate that has nothing to do with them as well instead of everything just being a color swap.  I'm absolutely terrified of what the Lions are going to look like when they get new uniforms, I'd rather them just stick to what they have now if they're not going to just go back to the Barry Sanders uniforms with the current logo. 

• Like 4

11 hours ago, VikWings said:

"One was taken from player feedback and be very mean and tough looking.  "

So it will be monochromatic and black.

1247314623.0.jpg

• Sad 1
"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

17 hours ago, fortunat1 said:

Adding onto this with what I've seen:

- Expect the primary helmet to be the one with horns. There are a few different colorways, but all of them are either red dominant, or black dominant, with the main variance being details like outlines. Some horn designs use blue sparingly, others don't use it at all.

- There is also an H monogram in the mix, likely reserved for that "tribute to blue" uniform. There are a few variations within the H designs, but for the most part the only noticeable difference is the color (either red or royal blue). I'd assume that the H monogram will be on a white helmet, but don't know for sure. 

- Helmet decals may be partially chrome depending on which designs survive the focus groups

The primary helmet having horns is an idea I’m completely on board with. It’s a good idea and should immediately make their helmet more memorable. 

I hope they go red primary with royal blue or light blue or teal as the secondary color. Navy or black can be used for trim. 

I’m not as pessimistic about this redesign as many. I don’t think it will look completely good, but I do believe at least one or two of the uniforms there in will be decent. 

19 hours ago, PlayGloria said:

The best way to establish a strong identity is to have 4 uniforms that are completely unrelated to each other. Everyone knows that. 

I see the Texans went to the Carolina Hurricanes School of Uniform Consistency.

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

1 hour ago, MCM0313 said:

The primary helmet having horns is an idea I’m completely on board with. It’s a good idea and should immediately make their helmet more memorable. 

I hope they go red primary with royal blue or light blue or teal as the secondary color. Navy or black can be used for trim. 

I’m not as pessimistic about this redesign as many. I don’t think it will look completely good, but I do believe at least one or two of the uniforms there in will be decent. 

The Vikings have already shown that will work 🤪

• LOL 1

It's where I sit.

2 hours ago, MCM0313 said:

horns and faux-fur.  Basically this, but with a cutout for the player’s face. The face masks should also be fur lined. 

NYPICHPDPICT000013951775.jpg

• Applause 2
  • LOL 3

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

1 hour ago, Sec19Row53 said:

The Vikings have already shown that will work 🤪

That was literally my first thought when I read about the horned helmet. How are they going to do this without looking like the vikes? Even if they flip the horns towards the front, that still just seems too close to the Vikings for me. 

• Like 2

This doesn't seem good.

All speculation: I'm envisioning them becoming a red/black team, with Oilers blue used in 1 or 2 uniforms. Red helmet and White helmet. Something flag related will happen. If they go with horns on the front of the helmet, the H logo will be on the back, possibly in Oilers blue.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, PlayGloria said:

That was literally my first thought when I read about the horned helmet. How are they going to do this without looking like the vikes? Even if they flip the horns towards the front, that still just seems too close to the Vikings for me. 

Eh. Texans’ horns will definitely be bulls’ horns. The Vikings’ horns definitely aren’t. I would hope that Houston’s start front center and end no farther back than the middle of each side. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, BBTV said:

horns and faux-fur.  Basically this, but with a cutout for the player’s face. The face masks should also be fur lined. 

NYPICHPDPICT000013951775.jpg

Not sure why the sarcasm. The Vikings, Rams, Eagles, and Bengals all have helmet designs that incorporate a detail associated with their mascot (rather than simply slapping their main logo on the side), and those are four of the best-loved helmets in the league. 

• Like 2