NFL 2023 Changes

DCarp1231

2 hours ago, HOOVER said:

I thought the Texans were going to be the Houston football team to do this. Who would’ve thought the University of Houston would’ve jumped them to it haha. 

I don’t mind it. That history belongs to the city it occurred in and is likely to be more appreciated, not some damn billionaire owner that repeatedly fleeces cities for money to get even richer (looking at you Amy Adams Strunk and the $1.2 billion you just got in public funding). It’s funny people ignore the Adams family history of this as an example yet vilify John Fisher for the same exact behavior.  Y’all better show up with pitchforks for the Brewers & Orioles owners too when Milwaukee & Baltimore get threatened 

• Like 4
  • Applause 1
NYCdog.png

2 hours ago, NYCdog said:

I thought the Texans were going to be the Houston football team to do this. Who would’ve thought the University of Houston would’ve jumped them to it haha. 

I don’t mind it. That history belongs to the city it occurred in and is likely to be more appreciated, not some damn billionaire owner that repeatedly fleeces cities for money to get even richer (looking at you Amy Adams Strunk and the $1.2 billion you just got in public funding). It’s funny people ignore the Adams family history of this as an example yet vilify John Fisher for the same exact behavior.  Y’all better show up with pitchforks for the Brewers & Orioles owners too when Milwaukee & Baltimore get threatened 

Yeah, because colleges have never taken advantage of taxpayers and athletes. They're paragons of virtue, I tell ya.

• Like 7
  • LOL 1

It's where I sit.

On 8/29/2023 at 8:49 PM, BBTV said:

Reminds me of the title of the second Hyperbole and a Half book - "Solutions and other problems".

I want to read this alot.

• LOL 1

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

21 hours ago, Survival79 said:

It's from the team's official logo slick.

for whatever reason I  can't find any logo slicks if I google them, it may be cause I'm currently in the EU? Can you post a link to all the slicks please ?

Edit: the only slicks google finds here are on usteamcolors.com , but they're all dated, I'd say 2015-ish

1 hour ago, BandaBassotti said:

for whatever reason I  can't find any logo slicks if I google them, it may be cause I'm currently in the EU? Can you post a link to all the slicks please ?

Edit: the only slicks google finds here are on usteamcolors.com , but they're all dated, I'd say 2015-ish

The current logo slicks are not publicly available. Access to them is restricted.

• Like 1

"If things have gone wrong, I'm talking to myself, and you've got a wet towel wrapped around your head."

2 hours ago, Survival79 said:

The current logo slicks are not publicly available. Access to them is restricted.

Every few years I used to stumble across them on some random website.  I’d bookmark it but when I’d go back they were always gone. Eventually it occurred to me that they were being posted by someone who shouldn’t be sharing them so I’d download them whenever I ran across them.  It’s been probably 6 or 7 years at this point and I no longer have those old files.  

Too bad … there were always fun to look over.  

7 hours ago, Old School Fool said:

I don't really know what the point of restricting it is. 

For one thing, counterfeits would look a whole lot better if the exact specs were publicly available, so there’s one reason. 

• Like 3
  • Applause 1

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

On 8/31/2023 at 1:18 PM, NYCdog said:

Nissan stadium is literally falling apart, it needs to be replaced before it collapses. The orioles are never leaving Camden yards, it will just be updated. Milwaukee I don’t know enough to comment.

On 8/31/2023 at 10:53 PM, fouhy12 said:

Maybe this is common knowledge and I just missed it, but Arizona's number font is the same as the old one except all of the rounded edges have been squared off. And just that subtle difference makes it look so much better. 

Did Arizona’s old numbers have the weird diagonal cuts on the inside of the numbers. And if they did alter it then it’s not the same.

On 8/31/2023 at 8:26 AM, HOOVER said:

What the Texans should have done:

DSC09199.jpg

Can Titans ownership send a C&D to Univ of Houston like they did the XFL Houston Roughnecks and would the Texans if they tried something similar? -- giant "Houston" across the jersey combo'd with Luv Ya, white and red.

6uXNWAo.png

17 minutes ago, dont care said:

Did Arizona’s old numbers have the weird diagonal cuts on the inside of the numbers. And if they did alter it then it’s not the same.

They did. Aside from the outside corners/terminals being squared off on these new numbers, the numbers themselves are also thinner (and the strokes juatasmidge thicker), making those opposing-corner/angled counters more noticeable. Observe:

01h5r10a89tj33bp1h29.jpg

IMG_5848-scaled.jpeg

• Like 2

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

45 minutes ago, MNtwins3 said:

I feel like we didn't comment on how horrendous their old road uniforms were nearly enough

I think we might have if anyone had spoken positively of them. Since seemingly nobody like them, it was accepted that they suck and that was it.

• Like 1

It's where I sit.

On 9/2/2023 at 10:58 AM, BBTV said:

For one thing, counterfeits would look a whole lot better if the exact specs were publicly available, so there’s one reason. 

The logosheets that are available on the NFL Communications site are nice to have, but they aren't the definitive uniform spec files. I used to have access to the *real* NFL Branding Site (it's certainly not NFL Communications), and the "On-Field" files were glorious. Every measurement, every uniform detail immaculately depicted.

I so miss having access to those.

• Love 1