NFL 2023 Changes

DCarp1231

29 minutes ago, Carolingian Steamroller said:

Well it does match the orange helmet and I would argue that helmet should have a color balance that leans toward the brown rather than orange. I think it matches the jersey terrifically. Now the pants have a wider brown center stripe but then you mess with the striping proportions on the helmet compared to the non-alternate helmet and I think it's simpler just to roll with the stripes they did.

Again, I don't think they messed up at all. I thought it looked really slick.

Addendum: This swapped helmet/pant stripe deal is also found in the U.

FuMgF_jaQAE9tMZ?format=jpg&name=4096x409

And as a fan of Miami, I can't stand it anymore. The helmet stripe looks so much better. A lot of times the pants striping can end up looking brown on TV. 

• Like 5

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

21 hours ago, Carolingian Steamroller said:

Well it does match the orange helmet and I would argue that helmet should have a color balance that leans toward the brown rather than orange. I think it matches the jersey terrifically. Now the pants have a wider brown center stripe but then you mess with the striping proportions on the helmet compared to the non-alternate helmet and I think it's simpler just to roll with the stripes they did.

Again, I don't think they messed up at all. I thought it looked really slick.

Addendum: This swapped helmet/pant stripe deal is also found in the U.

FuMgF_jaQAE9tMZ?format=jpg&name=4096x409

As a Canes fan, I hate that they do this. 

• Like 3

I'm a little late, but I'm a bit surprised to see the distaste towards the Browns' throwback/alt. I honestly thought it looked pretty nice. The mismatched stripes are a bit quirky, but that hasn't stopped people from liking other traditional sets. Plus, it's historically accurate, and there's no way they were gonna change the helmet stripes too much.

I know people are going to hate me for this, but the only thing that would've made it better in my mind is if Pittsburgh went with their black-out Color Rush. More adventurous alternate uniforms like that can work well for divisional opponents, so it's not just the same matchup every year.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, MJD7 said:

I'm a little late, but I'm a bit surprised to see the distaste towards the Browns' throwback/alt. I honestly thought it looked pretty nice. The mismatched stripes are a bit quirky, but that hasn't stopped people from liking other traditional sets. Plus, it's historically accurate, and there's no way they were gonna change the helmet stripes too much.

I know people are going to hate me for this, but the only thing that would've made it better in my mind is if Pittsburgh went with their black-out Color Rush. More adventurous alternate uniforms like that can work well for divisional opponents, so it's not just the same matchup every year.

Great helmet on its own.  Great uniform on its own.  Not the greatest combo together for an established identity like the Browns.

Their standard Orange helmet with that uniform would be $$$.

This White alt helmet with their Brown home jersey and White pants would be $$$.

Together, didn't quite work as expected.  Still, could be worse.

• Like 4

51 minutes ago, MJD7 said:

I'm right there with you—I thought they looked really sharp. I'm not as wound around the axle as others are about Cleveland's usual helmet—I mean, it's called an alternate uniform for a reason, key word being alternate—and for it being exactly that, they work VERY well.  The only real gripe I had with them, and it's somewhat small, was the mismatched helmet/pants stripes—kinda wished the helmet stripe matched that of the pants. But as far as historically accurate throwback alternates go, the Browns pulled that off about as well as if not better than any other club.

• Like 5

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

1 hour ago, PlayGloria said:

One thing I noticed about the white Cleveland set was that some of the guys were wearing the striped socks with the stripes waaay low by their ankles. It threw off the entire set. 

Agree with others on the pants stripe. 

The socks in general need to be more standardized across a team. It’s not just the Browns. Some players’ socks don’t even match those of their teammates. 

• Like 4

9 hours ago, HOOVER said:

Their standard Orange helmet with that uniform would be $$$.

Except it's not what they wore with that uniform in 1946. This is a throwback not some random alternate uniform. I personally would have preferred if the helmet was more historically accurate and just a plain white helmet. It would have been very unique and old school as hell.

It still looked nice either way.

sl3ydt1r9arv4azersop.jpg

cad02697-919c-4311-8942-d8a762705f71_1.e

• Like 5

bSLCtu2.png

16 hours ago, MCM0313 said:

The socks in general need to be more standardized across a team. It’s not just the Browns. Some players’ socks don’t even match those of their teammates. 

Which is why uniform fines need to be stricter, or after 2 weeks of being fined players will be suspended from play on the 3rd occasion. It’s a uniform, it needs to be treated as such, but players won’t care until it actually impacts them and doesn’t just minorly inconvenience them.

• Like 2
  • Huh? 3
  • Eyeroll 1

2 hours ago, dont care said:

Which is why uniform fines need to be stricter, or after 2 weeks of being fined players will be suspended from play on the 3rd occasion. It’s a uniform, it needs to be treated as such, but players won’t care until it actually impacts them and doesn’t just minorly inconvenience them.

Yikes, that’s a little much even for my liking. 

• Like 2

Suspensions are a little too strict, but there needs to be a hard reset of expectations when it comes to uniforms. That applies to players and manufacturers. The NFL has most of the top brands in sports but they're diluting them beyond recognition. White tights instead of socks, Personal Opinion footwear, alternate helmets, they all have to go. 

• Like 5

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

15 minutes ago, the admiral said:

Suspensions are a little too strict, but there needs to be a hard reset of expectations when it comes to uniforms. That applies to players and manufacturers. The NFL has most of the top brands in sports but they're diluting them beyond recognition. White tights instead of socks, Personal Opinion footwear, alternate helmets, they all have to go. 

I have no issue with alt helmets or with players supporting their cause on their cleats, as long as both those things fall  within certain clear guidelines. They need a policy that clearly specifies just where the line falls. 

• Applause 1

9 minutes ago, MCM0313 said:

I have no issue with alt helmets or with players supporting their cause on their cleats, as long as both those things fall  within certain clear guidelines. They need a policy that clearly specifies just where the line falls. 

They do, just players don’t care because the fines are so inconsequential. It’s like you or me throwing our change at the local crackhead begging for money. There need to be legit fines, players shouldn’t be able to wear what ever they want onto the field, there needs to be a uniform official at the tunnel as players are walking out to make sure the uniform is worn correctly, otherwise they can’t walk out onto the field. They change their uniform on the field I.e. jersey comes untucked, socks fall down ect they have to fix it after being warned by the official or they get fined. They continue to disregard the official they get suspended the next game. It’s fairly simple 

• Like 1
  • Yawn 1
  • Dislike 1
  • Eyeroll 4

I’m sitting here trying to imagine the reaction of the average fan (the 95+ percent who couldn’t care less about what socks their team is wearing) when a key player on their favorite team gets suspended for wearing the wrong socks. The entire concept is idiotic.  

I just hope you’re kidding.    

• Like 13
  • Applause 2
  • Dislike 1

13 minutes ago, oldschoolvikings said:

I’m sitting here trying to imagine the reaction of the average fan (the 95+ percent who couldn’t care less about what socks their team is wearing) when a key player on their favorite team gets suspended for wearing the wrong socks. The entire concept is idiotic.  

I just hope you’re kidding.    

NFL fans would mutiny if star players got suspended for their SOCKS

Suspending players for minor aesthetic violations would be overkill. Once again, people on this forum need to remember we are a very significant minority who cares about this stuff. The average fan just wants to watch the game, and can't determine when most teams make uniform changes unless they change colors

• Like 4

Sorry, I'm on an iPad