NFL 2023 Changes

DCarp1231

There's no way the Raiders are wearing the same pants they used to wear. They were much more shimmery in the past.  

1994: Raiders Drop Broncos in Playoff Pressure Cooker

2020 Las Vegas Raiders 53-man roster projection entering training camp

Also, the kooky shoes are far more of an affront to the Raider aesthetic than any change in pants fabric.

• Like 8
  • Yawn 1

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

1 hour ago, the admiral said:

There's no way the Raiders are wearing the same pants they used to wear. They were much more shimmery in the past.  

Also, the kooky shoes are far more of an affront to the Raider aesthetic than any change in pants fabric.

Gray pants have gotten lighter in general. They don’t contrast very well with white jerseys in most cases.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, the admiral said:

I mean, to be fair, the difference in lighting for those two photos you selected is pretty significant. I am not sure if the Raiders have retained the older pants manufacturer or not, but they look more shimmery to me than a team like the Panthers currently wear-

1445281841.jpg?w=1000&h=600&crop=1

will-the-raiders-re-sign-josh-jacobs-why

VS

usatsi_19710217.jpg

1196639384.jpeg

• Like 10

spacer.png

5 hours ago, the admiral said:

They may have lightened the shade a touch ( @TruColor, do you know?) but they have the exact same dazzle fabric and same cut as they did pre-Nike. 

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

5 minutes ago, DCarp1231 said:

What a damn shame New York left this jersey behind

spacer.png

That picture has two too many greens in it. Maybe three.  Chrome and one of two jersey colors. Three depending on what I think of the facemask at any given moment.

• Like 3

It's where I sit.

1 minute ago, Pigskin12 said:

If I recall correctly, it was at this exact moment (first Color Rush game ever) that football uniform trends began to go downhill. 

This is the truth. After this we saw striped socks, or even solid stripe socks with a white sanitary sock look disappear. 

• Like 1

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

20 hours ago, the admiral said:

Yes, let's go back to the fabric we used 30 years ago.   

It's almost like these never existed:

daryl-lamonica-qb-oakland-raiders-1968-t

Just because you grew up in the era when they used shiny fabrics, doesn't mean that's what they're *supposed* to be.

• Like 9
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 1

Just now, HOOVER said:

Just because you grew up in the era when they used shiny fabrics, doesn't mean that's what they're *supposed* to be.

That's sort of the premise around this site and opinions 🤪

• Like 1

It's where I sit.

3 minutes ago, Sec19Row53 said:

That's sort of the premise around this site and opinions 🤪

That's what people say when they can't defend their opinions.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 2
  • Huh? 1
  • Dislike 2

20 hours ago, the admiral said:

That photo was probably during the My Cause My Cleats week.  

• Like 9

7 minutes ago, HOOVER said:

Nah - I happen to like the look of dazzle fabric better than the alternative. But it's just my opinion. No one needs to agree with it, nor do I need to defend it.

• Like 14
  • Applause 2

It's where I sit.

I will be a shiny pants proponent until the day I croak. The 49ers uniforms during their 80s and early 90s runs were iconic, but that doesn't make up for the fact the gold was muted and flat, making for a rather dull uniform. 

These were 10x better *ducks behind desk*

UGA Football: Garrison Hearst, a forgotten hero among Georgia running backs

• Like 6
  • Love 2
  • Applause 2
  • Dislike 2

1 hour ago, HOOVER said:

I don't know man, I'm not a fan of the dazzle fabric either, but I'm not in a hurry for anybody to explain why they might be.  Some people like them, others don't. I'm not sure why that would prompt you to call the so-called "shiny pants complainers" ignorant. 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Pigskin12 said:

If I recall correctly, it was at this exact moment (first Color Rush game ever) that football uniform trends began to go downhill. 

It could also be argued that the 2019 season was actually a more significant contributing factor with the relaxed sock rules that had every team wearing solid white socks. Color Rush was originally just a Thursday thing.

3 hours ago, HOOVER said:

Nike has its faults, but I'm really tired of the ignorance of the shiny pants complainers:

Brock-Purdy-Joe-Montana-Split-GettyImage

We're all aware the 49ers and many others wore matte pants. Absolutely nobody who posts here is ignorant of that fact. That's got nothing to do with a personal preference of matte vs. dazzle fabrics. 

• Like 4

PvO6ZWJ.png