NFL 2023 Changes

DCarp1231

1 minute ago, DCarp1231 said:

I honestly hope they eliminate the logo and slide the numbers to the sleeves

I wonder if the way they’re adjusting the sleeve stripes will help accommodate TV numbers more.

Also, I’ll miss the current Blue, but I’d bet most fans won’t even notice. 

• Like 2

So, if all they are allegedly doing is changing the blue that they’ve been using, then why have they already unveiled the uniforms? I suspected they’ll be at least one other significant change, either with the shoulder stripes or the TV numbers. 

• Like 2

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

Two options I would anticipate:

1.  Vapor Untouchable template:

FlMiYL3aUAcD4-w?format=jpg&name=large

2.  Vapor F.U.S.E (aka Fusion) template:

Z2iHypH.jpg

Hoping the NFL doesn’t transition to the new template anytime soon.  Hate the front neck design and vertical seams on the body.  Didn’t look particularly great on Oregon.

Neither seem to leave room for TV numbers, unless you’re a linemen,  so I hope they just drop them.  

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, Chawls said:

So, if all they are allegedly doing is changing the blue that they’ve been using, then why have they already unveiled the uniforms? I suspected they’ll be at least one other significant change, either with the shoulder stripes or the TV numbers. 

Im betting they change from block numbers with Tampa and New Orleans already having it 

All the Panthers are doing is changing the shade of blue slightly and changing the jersey template so the stripes don't go all the way around?

Yikes. Huge whiff by the mothership in posting that article earlier confirming that "new uniforms" are coming. By no reasonable measure does this count as new uniforms. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, HOOVER said:

I knew that.  I really did know that.  I swear.

This is what my brain was trying to ask:

Fs_BpvBWYAEQVyR?format=jpg&name=large

What's weird is this graphic, taken from the Carolina Panthers website, makes it look like the actual color in the logo is a different shade altogether and the non-matching background is process blue:

Panthers Home | Carolina Panthers - Panthers.com

If the color in the team logo is actually process blue, the "outline" should seamlessly disappear, but it doesn't on the team's webpage. In the new Riot Report graphic, it does just that. 

• Like 2

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

1 hour ago, Jezus_Ghoti said:

Yikes. Huge whiff by the mothership in posting that article earlier confirming that "new uniforms" are coming. By no reasonable measure does this count as new uniforms. 

Some clarification and transparency regarding the story on the front page. I must first start out by saying it absolutely classifies as a new uniform. It's very much like the Colts in 2020, when all they did was update the number font, added the secondary logo inside the collar and changed the color of the Nike swoosh on the white jersey. Not very notable to the casual fan, but it still classifies as a new design nonetheless.

Secondly, there was a miscommunication between Chris and I about the silver, as you'll notice how I only tweeted about them getting new uniforms, not any potential changes. I had three very reliable sources (who have all shared NCAA and NFL with me accurately in the past) confirm to me that they were getting new uniforms, with all three telling me (off the record) the exact date they'll be revealed.

However, one of those three sources indicated that silver would no longer be a part of the redesign. I regret that I didn't make it clear to Chris before he tweeted the story that I could only verify that information from one source, not all three, and that's why it was included at the bottom of the original story. My story should have focused solely on the new uniforms and not indicated any potential changes, and I apologize for that.

• Like 15

45 minutes ago, TreyEight said:

Im betting they change from block numbers with Tampa and New Orleans already having it 

What? Why would they change that. It would be one thing if they shared a custom font with another team but the Panthers' number font is just a basic block set.

1 hour ago, HOOVER said:

Hmm, if that is what happens I'd actually be kinda disappointed. In my opinion, they should try to look more like the blue on the left than on the right. It feels like Charlotte FC matches the left color as well.

As I've said many times - I'm glad that the team isn't doing a major overhaul because they don't need one. Tightening up certain elements (hopefully removing the sleeve logo or TV numbers to give the stripe some room to breathe) and making the switch to blue primaries (if that happens) is a good change. Forcing the stripe short is unfortunate and I blame Nike for being unable to accommodate the design. While dropping silver would be the best way to go I'd rather they keep it than go to an all-black disaster.

• Like 5

the user formerly known as cdclt