2023 MLB Season Thread

Gary

14 hours ago, Unocal said:

The Diamondbacks are 2 wins away from completing 2023's triple crown of lowest seeds to make the championship round

Just as we all predicted

Serious question, why do you care so much about this? What's the harm in low seeds making the championship round?

• Like 1

BB52Big.jpg

8 minutes ago, JerseyJimmy said:

I'm rooting for the Phillies because I hate the sun belt with the undying fury of a thousand suns. simple as.

That might be one of the dumbest takes I've seen on these here boards and that's really saying something.

• Like 1

BB52Big.jpg

On 10/11/2023 at 10:27 PM, Unocal said:

Probably gonna be HOU. Because as we saw last year, it's shaping up to be HOU vs 6 seed again

On 10/17/2023 at 10:34 AM, GDAWG said:

The MLB Script Writers are working feverishly to figure out how the Astros will win 4 straight.  

hiL.gif

6uXNWAo.png

4 hours ago, GDAWG said:

I was all in favor of the NBA Finals and Stanley Cup Finals outcomes as I wanted to see Denver and either Vegas or Florida win their first championships.  In 2019 we had the Nats, Raptors and Blues win their first ever championships and I enjoyed those title runs because I love teams winning their first championships as long as they do it the right way.  I also enjoyed the title run a season before with the Capitals, with one of the greatest Stanley Cup celebrations ever with Alex Ovechkin.  I knew that I wasn't likely to get a first time champion in MLB or NFL (as in the NFL I think it will either be the Chiefs again or Eagles or 49ers, even though I would love for it to be Bills or Bengals).  So in situations like those, I root for a certain player.  Last year, it was Bryce Harper in the World Series.  

In all championships, in the Big 5 (MLS included) I root for the team without a championship in their history if one of them is competing for it.  If there is none of that, I root for a certain player or coach.  If the Rangers somehow are able to win two in a row to get to another World Series, I will be rooting for them to win their first World Series ever, even if it's against the Phillies.  Bryce Harper is among my top 4 MLB players who I want to see get a ring with the other 3 being Othani, Trout and Judge.  

If Arizona makes it, I will probably be rooting for them as Evan Longoria is on that team and I liked him in Tampa.  

I don’t want to see ohtani or trout to win. They are choosing to play on a team that refuses to get them the team around them to even make it to the playoffs. They have under performed so greatly I don’t pity them in the slightest. Judge is so young I can take it or leave it if he gets into a position to win a championship in the near future.

1 minute ago, dont care said:

I don’t want to see ohtani or trout to win. They are choosing to play on a team that refuses to get them the team around them to even make it to the playoffs

Ya, the Angels are and will always be garbo under Arte, but I applaud guys like Trout who stay loyal, don't force trades or ring chase. As twisted as this might come off, sports needs dudes like that. I don't think I want to see Trout win a ring at age 40 as a Yankees pinch hitter. Not sure he wants that either.

• Like 1

6uXNWAo.png

8 minutes ago, dont care said:

I don’t want to see ohtani or trout to win. They are choosing to play on a team that refuses to get them the team around them to even make it to the playoffs. They have under performed so greatly I don’t pity them in the slightest. Judge is so young I can take it or leave it if he gets into a position to win a championship in the near future.

Not only is this the dumbest take I've ever heard, implying that being loyal to a team means you don't deserve to win a championship, but Judge is not "so young". He's 32, just like Trout. And Shohei's younger than both.🤦‍♂️

Oh, and Ohtani's a free agent for the first time since he came to MLB. Maybe do some research before sticking your foot in your mouth.

6 hours ago, JerseyJimmy said:

I'm rooting for the Phillies because I hate the sun belt with the undying fury of a thousand suns. simple as.

A New York sports fan rooting for a team from rival Philadelphia. Your disdain for warm-weather cities makes no sense.

Great that the umpires have decided to be centerpieces again. Every one of these pieces of feces has been awful behind the plate. Killing rallies on both sides and keeping batters guessing at what a strike really is. 

fire these guys and give me a cylon. Maybe break a kneecap or two before firing them. 

I’ve legitimately not seen worse plate umpiring in the playoffs. 

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

1 hour ago, Dynasty said:

A New York sports fan rooting for a team from rival Philadelphia. Your disdain for warm-weather cities makes no sense.

point number one: I like Philadelphia and I always have. it's one of my favorite cities in this godforsaken country. plus, these Phillies are one of the most objectionably likable teams in baseball, and out of the Mets' division rivals, I have the least issues with them aside from maybe Washington.

point number two: the weather isn't the problem and it never has been. I like the Padres. I like most LA teams. I like pretty much every other Atlanta team aside from the Braves. I think it's physically impossible for anyone who isn't a fan of a division rival to dislike the Jaguars. I could elaborate on what the problem is, but I personally enjoy posting here, so I won't.

point number three: honestly, at this point it's kind of just turning into a bit.

• Dislike 1
  • Facepalm 1

53Ocz8U.png

Just now, JerseyJimmy said:

...no? where the hell did you get that idea? I was born on Long Island and my family moved to South Carolina when I was thirteen.

anyway, Phillies won.

My mistake. I must have been thinking of someone else. Whatever. You're still free to leave whenever you'd like.

BB52Big.jpg