2023 MLB Season Thread

Gary

13 hours ago, GDAWG said:

It will be interesting to see how Ejections would be dealt with if there are robo umpires.

Unless I'm mistaken, it's just pitches that'd move away from human calls. They'd still have humans to do the rest.

• Like 1

Thunder Bay Lynx - International Hockey Association (2 seasons, 2017-18, 2019-20, 2018 Xtreme Cup Champions)Houston Armadillos - Major League Hockey (2 seasons, 2016-18) | Minnesota Muskies - North American Basketball Association (1 season, 2017-2018) | Louisville Thoroughbreds - United League of Baseball (1 season, 2017, 2017 United Cup Champions) | Las Vegas Thunderbirds - International Basketball League (1 season, 2016-17, 2017 Champions) 

13 hours ago, GDAWG said:

It will be interesting to see how Ejections would be dealt with if there are robo umpires.

If calls are 100% correct, there will be no reason for ejections. Unless there's a brawl, i suppose.

6uXNWAo.png

5 hours ago, Cujo said:

If calls are 100% correct, there will be no reason for ejections. Unless there's a brawl, i suppose.

Probably still will be.  There are players out there who seem like they will cause brawls to happen, like Marcus Strowman.  

On 10/29/2023 at 10:28 AM, Cujo said:

This Rangers doom and gloom after one bad loss when they're tied 1-1 the series is wildly exaggerated. Texas could dominate the next 3 games and I wouldn't be surprised.

jordan-shrug.gif

6uXNWAo.png

A Rangers World Series can wipe the stench of 2010 and 2011 away for good.  In 2011, when the Dallas Mavericks won the NBA Championship, it wiped the stench of the 2006 NBA Finals away for good and forever changed the perception of Dirk Nowitski.  2006 happened for the Mavericks, that cannot be wiped away, but the sting of losing the 2006 NBA Finals for Mavericks fans was gone after the 2011 NBA Finals.  Same can happen tomorrow night for Rangers fans.  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, McCall said:

I'd rather it go back to Texas. Let them win it in front of their fans.

If that happens then the D'Backs have all of the momentum at that point to win in 7.  The last thing Rangers fans need again is to be one win away and then see the Rangers lose it again, as it happened in 2011.  Also, the Rangers have not been great at home in the postseason.  They need to finish it tonight.  

4 hours ago, TrueYankee26 said:

Would be cool to see a 1st time win at home like @McCall said, but yes if I were the Rangers, I'd have to finish it off tonight or else the entire Metroplex will have 2011 flashbacks

In 2011, the Metroplex had a high from the Mavericks erasing the failure of the 2006 NBA Finals but the low of the Rangers blowing a 3-2 lead in the World Series a few months later.  Mavericks fans finally got over the 2006 NBA Finals loss when the Mavericks had their championship parade a few days after winning the 2011 NBA Finals (an NBA Finals that forever changed Dirk Nowitski's legacy).  Rangers fans may never get over the loss in 2011 if the Rangers don't finish it tonight, because if they don't I can see the D'Backs winning three in a row and winning in 7 Games.  The Stars fans might have been disappointed to not win the Stanley Cup in the COVID year of 2020, but we got over it after a day because of the 1999 Stanley Cup.  

An interesting thing going on tonight: The Dallas Mavericks are at home tonight, during Game 5.  I would not be at all surprised if the Mavericks finish their game before Game 5 ends that the Mavericks allow the fans to stay and watch the final innings of Game 5. 

Should the Rangers be able to finish it tonight, several Texas Rangers who were a part of the 2011 team who now work in non-playing roles for the Rangers: Michael Young, Colby Lewis and David Murphy will finally get a World Series ring.  Another member of that 2011 Rangers team who is now a special assistant, Ian Kinsler won his World Series ring with the Red Sox in 2018.