2023 - 2024 NBA changes

DJT

Absolutely love everything except the predominance of black over purple. Swap the colors on the Icon and the shoulder and collar detailing of the Association and those are perfect. Hopefully the statement is a purple palette swap with a different wordmark. I'm disappointed with how they leaned in on black, but I can live with it. Really good rebrand. 

• Like 6

lBzmcSM.png

Perrin Grubb | Aspiring Designer | NAFA Project ~ NFL Redesigns

Second straight year we’ve seen a team outright acknowledge that they messed up their primary colors in  a uniform reveal. Pretty funny video but I realllllly hope they didn’t actually purposefully mess it up for a Twitter video that will be seen by a few thousand people and forgotten a couple hours later

• Like 2
07Giants.pngnyy.png

I can go either way on black or purple as the base color for the SacKings (I'm committed to black for the L.A. Kings, though). Purple is the more vivid color, however, it's also the Lakers' color, so who's to say which is better. I like the new script a lot and think it's better than anything they've worn in the purple/black era, I just wish they had an arched Sacramento script to go with it. I realize that that's hard to do now that home and away don't really exist anymore.

• Like 7

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

This is probably going to be an unpopular opinion, but I do actually like the black-heavy look. The NBA is relatively purple-heavy, and especially in the Kings' conference (Lakers and Suns are also purple), so the black should help them look a little more distinguishable. Execution isn't 100% perfect, but I do love the script Kings logo. The silver is a bit much, as it feels like a bit of an afterthought on the side panels.

• Like 3

spacer.png

Visit my website at SSmith Designs (google.com)

I can't complain too much because that Kings script solves a lot of other petty complaints. However, I think I'd like to see it with a different number font... not sure keeping the old one meshes well with the new script.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, DJT said:

First of all I like that they kept overall design. New wordmark is huge upgrade especially over that Sac thing. Away uniform for me is perfect and reminds me of days when they were really good team (robbed by refs against Lakers), but I've got problem with home which I haven't if they only reverse black with purple on wordmark and numbers.

I hope third gonna be purple with black/white details and white/black wordmark/numbers.

• Like 2

4r2eer.png

New wordmark does wonders for the Kings new uniforms since their prior one was bland/bad overall. Icon uniforms are top notch and the ones they'll probably be wearing most of the time I'd imagine.  Association ones would look so much better if the black/purple was flipped on things like the wordmark/number/collar and arm trim IMO. The black wordmark on white just looks plain.  Really hope the Statement uniform is purple to help sell the new rebrand better for me. Would have liked to have seem that new Sacramento script on one of the uniforms but the Statement uni that's being teased looks to have the 94-2002 wordmark on it. Maybe the City uniform will have that new Sacramento script. Here's hoping

spacer.png

14 minutes ago, deltarich87 said:

New wordmark does wonders for the Kings new uniforms since their prior one was bland/bad overall. Icon uniforms are top notch and the ones they'll probably be wearing most of the time I'd imagine.  Association ones would look so much better if the black/purple was flipped on things like the wordmark/number/collar and arm trim IMO. The black wordmark on white just looks plain.  Really hope the Statement uniform is purple to help sell the new rebrand better for me. Would have liked to have seem that new Sacramento script on one of the uniforms but the Statement uni that's being teased looks to have the 94-2002 wordmark on it. Maybe the City uniform will have that new Sacramento script. Here's hoping

spacer.png

Statement jersey got leaked on twitter

via: @AndrewMLind

Imagem

Well it's certainly purple lol. You knew they'd lean in on the whole beam thing which made sense but not a fan of the execution of this one at all and it's back to the bad wordmark they had prior, just done in a way that sort of invokes the 94-02 wordmark with the enlarged K and S.  Oh well

48 minutes ago, SantosD_ said:

Imagem

I usually hate the gradient look (and I don’t necessarily like it here) but at least it somewhat makes sense with the beam and it’s reminiscent of the two tone jerseys from the 90s

• Like 1

3 hours ago, UnclearInitial said:

Second straight year we’ve seen a team outright acknowledge that they messed up their primary colors in  a uniform reveal. Pretty funny video but I realllllly hope they didn’t actually purposefully mess it up for a Twitter video that will be seen by a few thousand people and forgotten a couple hours later

Right now I don't know whether to place fault on the Kings organization, Nike, or both for this ("this" = not making purple the primary). About the only thing I can think of is that black shirts go with just about any color/type pants/shorts so it'd be more versatile for streetwear. Beyond that, if they're trying for something else with the [relative lack of] purple prevalence, then it smacks to me of both trytoohardism and thinking waaayyy too far beyond the pale. All that said, I like the simplicity of the uniform design, the scripts, and (provided they updated the 6 and the 9 glyphs) the number font.

2 hours ago, SSmith48 said:

This is probably going to be an unpopular opinion, but I do actually like the black-heavy look. The NBA is relatively purple-heavy, and especially in the Kings' conference (Lakers and Suns are also purple), so the black should help them look a little more distinguishable. Execution isn't 100% perfect, but I do love the script Kings logo. The silver is a bit much, as it feels like a bit of an afterthought on the side panels.

On one side, I get the logic of separating themselves in a conference with two other purple teams, but...a/ one of those teams is so deep into the Valley thing that purple seems more an afterthought to them as well, and b/ even more NBA teams have a black jersey somewhere in their closet, so the Kings were really in between a rock and a hard place, one could suppose. That said, I still don't get why they don't flaunt their signature primary color, purple...

1 hour ago, SantosD_ said:

Imagem

This to me is a trytoohardism mixed with, well, mixtape edition. I get the idea (the beam + '96), but...nahhh. And as far as the original '96 versions this was based on goes, well...

sacramento-kings-mitch-richmond-rocky-wi

(I don't know why the Kings did that back then, either.) 

• Like 3

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

1 hour ago, Froob said:

It’s going to be a shame when the kings craft a new identity in two years, can they just stick to a look for a bit? These are great.

Well they had the [now former] look for the past seven years, so maybe these will outlive those.... 🤷🏿‍♂️

• Like 1

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||