2023 - 2024 NBA changes

DJT

On 6/29/2023 at 2:27 PM, Old School Fool said:

Rockets Twitter stuff is now the red and yellow classic logo. Weird. If I had to guess they're gonna wear a white version of the jersey on a Summit alt court to celebrate the 30th anniversary of the 1994 Finals.

They wore the red one a few years ago.

usa_today_13670077.jpg

But also even if none of this is true and they are just fooling around, well, here is them fooling around a few days ago...

FzppWncWIA4lBL9?format=jpg&name=medium

Speaking of throwbacks, they changed to another one.

kkBU7Cr_d.webp?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&

i kinda wish the kings went for a new side design. maybe even getting rid of the side stripes altogether for that more classic feel. or maybe going full time with the checkerboard. still feels like they’re wearing the same jerseys but just replaced the wordmarking and color. also a shame that there’s no jersey with a cursive sacramento script. but all in all i can’t complain. 

Really the only negative I have to say about the Kings new uniforms is that I think purple font on the white uniform, not black, would be a more cohesive brand look. I love the Kings script font, and think the limited use of grey is for the best. 

Their first version of the black script from the 2010s was fantastic, so I'm really excited they will have a similar look but updated. Thankfully the new ones are not so angular. 

3COD5ZQBD4I6JFKPQSWCXQXJJI.jpg

• Like 8

BannerLogos.jpg

SF4.gif

22 hours ago, Discogod said:

I wish they'd put the NoB under the number, but these are a huge upgrade. 

Seconded. NoB under the number would be perfect and a good nod to team history.

• Like 2

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

4 hours ago, bushy said:

Is it weird that I’ve gotten used to the ads on jerseys ? They look so weird with that blank space now lol 

Sadly me too.

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

2 hours ago, Green27 said:

Really the only negative I have to say about the Kings new uniforms is that I think purple font on the white uniform, not black, would be a more cohesive brand look. I love the Kings script font, and think the limited use of grey is for the best. 

Their first version of the black script from the 2010s was fantastic, so I'm really excited they will have a similar look but updated. Thankfully the new ones are not so angular. 

3COD5ZQBD4I6JFKPQSWCXQXJJI.jpg

Side note, but I greatly prefer those numbers over the current ones...that said, that unique of a number font really doesn't gel well with a script, so the [now current] ones functionally work better. (Again, depending on whether they fixed the 6 and 9 glyphs...)

• Like 3

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Unsure if also covered/mentioned, but now that MJ is selling/has sold the team, will the Charlotte Hornet keep using the Jumpman logo for all jerseys instead of just on one like the rest of the league?

17 hours ago, B3N said:

Clippers and Pacers now without Ad patches:

Edit:

Jazz also:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't we see promotional shoots last year that did not include ad patches? I seem to remember the Lakers did not have their Bibigo patch in a lot of pre-season media, but once the season started it was there.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, sayahh said:

Unsure if also covered/mentioned, but now that MJ is selling/has sold the team, will the Charlotte Hornet keep using the Jumpman logo for all jerseys instead of just on one like the rest of the league?

He's still a minority owner, so I assume we'll still keep the Jumpman logo on every jersey.

• Like 2

the user formerly known as cdclt

The new Kings' scripts are well crafted, and even though of all teams it wasn't them who really needed a script wordmark (as opposed to the Clippers), it fits them great.

The new uni design and template works just perfectly, only that they laid an egg on the white jersey with its predominant use of black – the wordmark, number, and trim. Especially when it blends visually with the purple stripe on the trim and appears just as an even larger splotch of black. Should've switched the black's and the purple's places on the collar and trim, to match the shorts, and made either the wordmark or the number purple, or both.

Another remark is the away uni made black instead of purple, but as has been said, I guess I can live with it in this case, since the design and the color distribution on it are so all-around flawless. If only the third purple uni we got wasn't such trash.

• Like 6

The Kings’ new set looks like an homage to multiple Kings eras at once, and if that was the intention, I think they did a pretty good job of it. I think I myself wouldn’t have gone with that particular side panel design - I think id have just done something on the shorts and not the jersey - but it still looks fine and works if the blending of eras is indeed what they were going for.

To be honest, I actually don’t mind the higher emphasis on black either. It helps to distance them a little from the purple primary teams in thier own division (Lakers and Suns), and the black uniform especially has some nice shades of the 90’s set. The switch of color hierarchy, at least to me, seems more intentional than “cool” and it’s working better to me than I thought it would.

The third uniform is a really cool idea, but I don’t think it’s executed as well as it could have been. I don’t think it needs “SACRAMENTO” over the “KINGS” word mark, and I think if the checkers on the side panels were black and silver/grey, it could have looked like a much better homage to the 90’s alt. As it is, I think it’s too heavy on the black and purple, and isn’t as balanced in color as it could be.

• Like 4

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

On 7/3/2023 at 9:39 PM, Conrad. said:

Confirmation of the new designs being used on the Summer League jerseys: 

That being said, we'll only be seeing (noticing) 1 more team using their new wordmark. In Vegas 😉 

Does this mean one of the teams changing their main uniforms is using their old summer league uniforms this summer?

• WOAH 1

2 hours ago, FinsUp1214 said:

The Kings’ new set looks like an homage to multiple Kings eras at once, and if that was the intention, I think they did a pretty good job of it. I think I myself wouldn’t have gone with that particular side panel design - I think id have just done something on the shorts and not the jersey - but it still looks fine and works if the blending of eras is indeed what they were going for.

To be honest, I actually don’t mind the higher emphasis on black either. It helps to distance them a little from the purple primary teams in thier own division (Lakers and Suns), and the black uniform especially has some nice shades of the 90’s set. The switch of color hierarchy, at least to me, seems more intentional than “cool” and it’s working better to me than I thought it would.

The third uniform is a really cool idea, but I don’t think it’s executed as well as it could have been. I don’t think it needs “SACRAMENTO” over the “KINGS” word mark, and I think if the checkers on the side panels were black and silver/grey, it could have looked like a much better homage to the 90’s alt. As it is, I think it’s too heavy on the black and purple, and isn’t as balanced in color as it could be.

Your post brought a thought in mind that this might be the start of a trend. I could see teams going this route of honoring multiple eras in future designs. Sure, there's the 75th anniversary uniforms, but there was little cohesion there (not to mention a one year thing for most teams). But, teams like Golden State, the Clippers, Dallas, Houston, Atlanta and Philadelphia could make that work and do well with it.

ADD: I guess you could say it kind of started with Cleveland's recent redesign.

• Like 2

In this video the purple and black don’t blend together at all on the side panels. 

Overall, I really like these. My favorite Kings look is the Chris Webber/Vlade Divac era, and these are as close as you can get to a modern update. 

However, that side panel stripe looks a lot like the Heat’s. Not a huge problem, but not something I can unsee either. 

• Like 3

i have unquantifiable corpses on my conscience 

I want to like the Statement jerseys, but the new Sacramento font would've been so much cooler. This just feels too random from the two new jerseys they released, and the purple and black look kinda muddled as a gradient. Not a huge fan, though I've definitely seen much worse.

Edited by JuicedSportsNow
  • Like 6

i feel like the kings are now in this weird territory where they're a cursive team but at the same time they're not. their two main jerseys use cursive lettering. but their third one as we see here won't and i doubt the city edition would either. and if it does itll be gone within a year anyways. none of their main logos use any cursive lettering. they all still feature that old blocky font. and it doesn't help that theyre continuing to use that font on a rotational jersey. it makes me happy to finally see a cursive team again in the league but honestly speaking the two main jerseys feel more like alternates considering everything else down to the current court design (which i hope is changed by the regular season) uses their old font.

their brand as a whole just isn't striking me as royalty like how i wish it would. but at least they've taken the first steps.

85-BA2-D43-89-BA-442-A-BFDF-0-E32-B0-C17

thought this would look a lot better 

Edited by pelicanfan
picture
  • Like 7