2023 - 2024 NBA changes

DJT

Sets this season

Minnesota Blue honoring the 1,000 lakes of Minneapolis

Utah Purple 1996-2004 Fauxback

Golden Sate Black honoring the streets of San Francisco

Sacramento Blue Fauxback honoring Rochester Royals (75th remix rejected)

Lakers Black Honoring Kobe Bryant again or perhaps Pau Gasol

Clippers (Leaked Shorts) Navy Lob City Honor

Suns Purple again honoring the Valley and the large Hispanic fanbase

Dallas Slate Gray (black) honoring the Dallas Cowboys and Tom Landry

San Antone White honoring 1968 HemisFair and the old HemisFair Arena

Houston White City Nickname also honoring the Houston Oilers/University of Houston Phi Slama Jama

Memphis Black honoring the old Pyramid

Chicago Black honoring Madison Ave and the old Chicago Stadium

Detroit Black (honoring Motown or honoring another GYM)

Indiana Black honoring local Indianapolis Graffiti artist

Toronto Gold w/Pinstripes fauxback also honoring 5th anniversary of championship title

New York Updated Blue late 90's faucback

Brooklyn Slate/Black again honoring another Brooklyn Graffiti artist

Washington (Black/Navy Shorts) honoring the name change from Bullets to Wizards

Heat Black Honoring Team "Culture" and humidity of Miami

Ones not seen

Atlanta Black w/Light Blue fauxback of 80's uniform with old St. Louis Hawks colors?

Orlando Black again honoring the theme parks of Orlando

Charlotte Gold version of the "CLT MINT"

Philadelphia Navy version of "Brotherly Love"

Boston White version of "Bill Russell Tribute"

Milwaukee Lime Green honoring 80's warm up jackets

Cleveland Yellow fauxback of 80's uniforms in 70's colors

Oklahoma City White Honoring National Cowboy Hall of Fame

Denver Maroon version of last season's set honoring Denver architecture

Portland Red Fauxback honoring Clyde Drexler

New Orleans Dark Green Mardi Gras inspired

• Like 1
  • Huh? 1
  • Facepalm 2
  • Eyeroll 2

18 minutes ago, projectjohn said:

I think the Pistons' one is supposed to honor the Bad Boys, considering the Chuck Daly signature on the jocktag. Overall I'd say it's not great, not terrible - better than the "Motor City" ones they spent years rolling out at least.

Yeah, I think the font comes from here

bad-boys-logo-detroit-pistons.png

• Like 8
  • Love 1
  • Applause 1

9 hours ago, SantosD_ said:

spacer.png

Detroit Pistons city edition (via Twitter/X)

Nicely, even black quite fit to that.

9 hours ago, SantosD_ said:

okan2J.jpeg

Atlanta Hawks city edition court (via Twitter/X)

It's a bird? It's a plane? That darker floor inside 3pt arch might be a hint to an inspiration for uniform.

• Like 1

4r2eer.png

On 10/4/2023 at 3:21 AM, pepis21 said:

By the way, this is Nike's penultimate season as a NBA supplier, right? I don't remember seeing any info about extending.

looked it up and you’re right, I couldn’t find anything about them extending the deal. 

if adidas comes back i would orgasm. Please make it happen 🙏🙏

make fun of sleeved jerseys all you want but they are better than the crap we have now. Weird shoulder trim, ads, bad quality, uninspired designs, no team identity

even when there’s a good design, all i can think is damn, imagine how good that would look in an adidas version

• Like 1
  • Dislike 4

Adidas sucked by the end of their time with the NBA, and anyone pining for the days of sleeved jerseys is forgetting how ugly they usually were. A lot of them still would have been eyesores even if they didn't have the sleeves. The players hated them, too.

Ads on jerseys are the league's fault, not the supplier's. The NBA logo was already removed from the front of the jerseys during the Adidas era specifically to set the stage for ads. Jersey ads still would have happened even if Nike never got the contract.

As always, the real problem is the lack of competition. Adidas has its own severe flaws and excesses. Under Armour can't afford to keep up in the arms race anymore. Fanatics is synonymous with cheap crap. Nike is far from perfect but there aren't any clearly better options out there, so Nike ends up being the easy "default" choice because of their popularity and cultural cachet.

• Like 16
  • Applause 1

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

Still better than what we have now and it is pretty much widely accepted in jersey collector groups that adidas jerseys were way better quality and more valuable

Even if we keep the ads, at least getting rid of the other ad on the right shoulder (the nike logo) would be an improvement. I don’t see how they sucked, what flaws did they have besides sleeved jerseys, which were usually worn a limited amount of times anyways and not every team was forced to have them (unlike city jerseys)?

Cavs, Hollywood Nights, Warriors slate and Chinese new year, all of those were epic and none of them would have been eyesores without sleeves. 

Even this is infinitely better than that ugly heat culture crap:

spacer.png

• Like 2
  • Dislike 3

30 minutes ago, currymvp2024 said:

Still better than what we have now and it is pretty much widely accepted in jersey collector groups that adidas jerseys were way better quality and more valuable

Even if we keep the ads, at least getting rid of the other ad on the right shoulder (the nike logo) would be an improvement. I don’t see how they sucked, what flaws did they have besides sleeved jerseys, which were usually worn a limited amount of times anyways and not every team was forced to have them (unlike city jerseys)?

Cavs, Hollywood Nights, Warriors slate and Chinese new year, all of those were epic and none of them would have been eyesores without sleeves. 

spacer.png

You're bonkers if you think they'd remove the Swoosh or not add the Adidas logo if they took back over. The supplier logo is gonna be in the spot no matter who it is. And Adidas's crap was just as bad.

• Like 3

I liked Adidas in terms of the fact that they didn't push the new jersey trend every year. We did not have a team that rotated through jerseys each year for a City. Plus I'd love to see the Christmas ones come back.

This is about to turn into the Nike/adidas FanboyDuel up in here, isn't it??

• WOAH 1
  • Facepalm 1

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

22 minutes ago, McCall said:

You're bonkers if you think they'd remove the Swoosh or not add the Adidas logo if they took back over. The supplier logo is gonna be in the spot no matter who it is. And Adidas's crap was just as bad.

Nah you’re bonkers if you’re telling me you’d rather rock that heat culture jersey 🤣. Sleeved jerseys are nothing new, baseball, football, soccer all have them. When i play pickup i play in a t-shirt, not a wifebeater. So i honestly didn’t get the big deal. The ugly ones like the grey sleeved Magic, Celtics, etc were ugly to me because of the grey, not because of the sleeves.

i haven’t even mentioned Nike forcing teams like the lakers, warriors and pacers to coincidentally all switch from gold to banana yellow. I guarantee if someone else takes back the rights from nike, these teams will all coincidentally switch back to gold.

33 minutes ago, currymvp2024 said:

spacer.png

You named, at least for me, two of the worst warriors jerseys of the recent years, even uglier then the last statement. The hollywood nights lakers jersey, seriously? talking about a black lakers jersey, i think there's no debate who did it better. And this trash christmas jerseys... don't you all complain about how little it is to wait for a jersey wich last one year and then it goeas away? for sure 10 christmas jersey every year are different from 30 different jersey, but still i think it's pretty much the same problem. For sure nike threw out some garbage, the problem is that lot of people liked that garbage, like the heat """mixtape""" jersey.  I think the city program could be simply reimagined, not anymore one every year. And teams who have something that has alwys been honored should stick with that, for example the St.Patrick theme for the celtics. Something like in 10 years you honor the same thing with  3 different designs for example. wouldn't be that bad and would be for other team, a chance to do something different from the main brand, which is still linked to it.  By the way, for me Adidas did way more garbage then nike.

10 minutes ago, currymvp2024 said:

Nah you’re bonkers if you’re telling me you’d rather rock that heat culture jersey 🤣. Sleeved jerseys are nothing new, baseball, football, soccer all have them. When i play pickup i play in a t-shirt, not a wifebeater. So i honestly didn’t get the big deal. The ugly ones like the grey sleeved Magic, Celtics, etc were ugly to me because of the grey, not because of the sleeves.

i haven’t even mentioned Nike forcing teams like the lakers, warriors and pacers to coincidentally all switch from gold to banana yellow. I guarantee if someone else takes back the rights from nike, these teams will all coincidentally switch back to gold.

So because other sports wear sleeved jerseys is your reasoning for NBA teams to wear them? 🤦‍♂️ And you have no idea how the coloring (which is NOT banana yellow) would differ.