2023 - 2024 NBA changes

DJT

3 hours ago, deltarich87 said:

Kings City Edition uniforms

spacer.png

I feel really underwhelmed by these. The red trim around the wordmark feels busy and disjointed with the silver trim being used everywhere else on the uniform. Not too bad, but too disconnected for me.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1

spacer.png

1 hour ago, B3N said:

Love that someone covered Jermaine Samuels Jr.'s number so he didn't get in trouble for this leak, yet you can make out his name and number from the back of the jersey.

Not a Rockets fan, not from Houston, but I love the inspiration being Phi Slama Jama. I've seen multiple outlets say it's Oilers inspired, but the blue is clearly not going in that direction.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, B3N said:

Glad it wasn't another boring, monochrome-trimmed neck and arm hole city edition jersey, even if it does look like it came from a repurposed Bulls home uni.

2 hours ago, B3N said:

We have hit new lows with this season's city uniforms:

Pels: Seems like something ghost/voodoo inspired. Feels nice to have something other than Mardi Gras, and the color scheme is nice, but they went way too restrained with it. Could have been so much more.

Wizards: Needs to drop a color or two. There's way too much going on.

Nuggets: That might be the single worst jersey I've ever seen this franchise roll out. Why is it black? Why the half-baked skyline look? And why is there a massive "5280" across the front? I can't even tell which number is the player number! All around just an absolutely awful look that embodies every reason why I hate Nike's take on the City program. Denver, and Colorado in general, have so much to be inspired from, so it's near insulting for the most recent NBA champions to be trotting out in this. Just horrible.

• Like 4

spacer.png

Visit my website at SSmith Designs (google.com)

7 hours ago, cshookemHORNS said:

Link directs to an X thread (is that still the correct term? lol) with other leaked city jerseys so that leads me to believe these are real. If so, very disappointing IMO.

This is the best look they’ve had throughout their OKC existence, without all the unnecessary outlines with that font and wordmarks and unappealing color combinations, and it is not saying a lot. If they insist on staying put on this joke of an identity, at least treat it this way.

On a separate note, that background logo mosaic is an interesting idea, and doesn’t go over the top. Not much use for a game jersey as much as for fashion, though, which these jerseys are.

7 hours ago, B3N said:

We have hit new lows with this season's city uniforms:

That Denver jersey is so bizarre.. I appreciate the boldness of that idea (even though they are pushing that theme too much and it doesn’t mean a thing for outsider consumers), and, apart from that mountain skyline getting completely lost in the background, you have to establish a clear typographic hierarchy between the two numbers. The player number should be the one with the primary emphasis – either by an obvious size difference, and/or by a different treatment, like having the altitude only as an outline, for example, if keeping it big.

What comes to Washington, they went with:

– Gimme the Grizzlies old colorway

– Say no more, fam.

https://basketballjerseyarchive.com/nba-2023-24-jerseys/

something more from here, or maybe i just saw it for the first time, like the pels city shorts, wich features an interesting bones pelican logo, i guess we can confirm the voodoo theme. Also the Blazers city edition. Overall i think we can say, last year is still the worst of the city program history.